PDA

View Full Version : duo2 appears dead

Ad_87
11-05-15, 11:06
Hi folks,

I've had a duo2 running blackhole for about a year. I decided to install the latest version, downloaded, extracted and copied the folder to a usb stick formatted to fat32. I plugged it in and it went through a few things but then froze on 'checking usb' I powered it off at the back and started again but it just sticks on 'checking usb' it's been on that now for a few hours. I've even tried installing the bootloader again and then going back to it but to no effect. It's the same regardless of what image I tried to install, I've tried blackhole and vix. Please can someone help, I'm lost :'(

Trial
11-05-15, 11:18
Hi,
is the box at least still booting if you pull out all USB devices? Because when it only came to checking USB it did not flash anything and the previous image should be intact. If this fails perhaps also disconnect the internal HDD if one is build in.

ciao

docsavage
11-05-15, 11:23
How long have you left it on checking usb before switching off. it does a similar thing on solo2 but if you leave it running it eventually gives the finished restarting message. might be the same on duo2 maybe just leave it checking usb. if after a few minutes it still doesn't finish, you could try a different usb stick. kingston are supposed to be good for flashing.

Trial
11-05-15, 12:25
Hi,
checking should be only a matter of seconds and then there must come up a question wether to flash or not on all boxes with a display.

ciao

war3z
11-05-15, 19:37
Change usb stick and try again switch off about 5 min.

Sicilian
11-05-15, 19:43
Use a MAX 8GB Genuine Kingston stick and use a REAR USB port.

Ad_87
14-05-15, 12:00
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply, I've been away with work**I've just tried a new usb stick, I formatted it to fat32 with the hp tool. Copied the vu plus folder over, plugged it in, powered on and pressed the button when the update message was shown. It now says: finished, remove usb, delete cfe and reboot.. what does it mean by delete cfe? I've tried removing the usb and rebooting but it just loads the blackhole screen saver image that it was stuck on before?

Thanks again.

Adam.

Bazzer
14-05-15, 12:49
Not sure but is the CFE something to do with bootloader ?

Andy_Hazza
14-05-15, 14:01
I would personally flash the latest bootloader available then flash the ViX image (Hades 008) after doing the bootloader. The bootloader literally just takes seconds so if you blink you'll miss it!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzer
14-05-15, 14:27
Hi Andy,
I was just looking in the bootloader images and saw that there is not one for the Mutant , I do not need it just wondered that's all.

nsw9154
14-05-15, 15:21
I have a few Receivers :rolleyes: and i have never had to install a bootloader on any of them, but if you are upgrading to VIX from blackhole i would do as Andy suggests and try installing the bootloader again then flash with vix, i would try doing a factory reset first and start from scratch as that should put the Duo2 back to default settings and should give you a better chance of a fresh install

Andy_Hazza
14-05-15, 16:07
Hi Andy,
I was just looking in the bootloader images and saw that there is not one for the Mutant , I do not need it just wondered that's all.

Oh right, with the thread being called Vu+ Duo2, I assumed it was for that not a Mut@nt. sorry. [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk