PDA

View Full Version : screen dims during channel change

gilvey
10-05-15, 20:17
I have 2 tm twin oe but I'm experiencing the picture dimming during dark scenes. The other box doesn't do this. I've swapped hdmi cables and ports but still the same. Are there any settings in vix hades 007 that I have missed?

Huevos
10-05-15, 20:18
Take your tv set out of power saving mode.

gilvey
10-05-15, 20:30
Like I said I have 2 boxes, one is ok the other has this problem. When I change channel the display dims then brightens. Dark scenes in programmes go dark a little like macrovision used to in the old days. Tried on pay channels and free to air channels. Even playback of video recordings. Alter power settings on TV. Tv is a Toshiba btw

gilvey
10-05-15, 22:09
Hdmi picture has the dimming, rf in other rooms are fine. Is there an hdmi setting?

Huevos
10-05-15, 22:41
Check in TV set menu. Turn off any "eco" mode.

judge
11-05-15, 01:52
Screen dims or changes resolution?
Have you changed any default image A/V settings? or restored an old back-up with non default resolution settings?

adm
11-05-15, 09:34
Like I said I have 2 boxes, one is ok the other has this problem. When I change channel the display dims then brightens. Dark scenes in programmes go dark a little like macrovision used to in the old days. Tried on pay channels and free to air channels. Even playback of video recordings. Alter power settings on TV. Tv is a Toshiba btw

Many mid to top range TV have separate settings for each of their input sockets so one input may be set up differently to the other. Try turning off, or selecting a lower setting for the 'dynamic contrast' option on the TV.

Dynamic Contrast : It pumps up brighter content and tones down darker scenes to create greater perceived contrast.

gilvey
11-05-15, 10:02
I've tried switching leads and ports no difference