PDA

View Full Version : No weather

DaMacFunkin
10-05-15, 13:29
Hi, for over a week now I have a blank LCD when my screen is in standby, it used to display a 2 day weather forecast, I havnt changed anything it just stopped working, I have been into the config plugin and the weather is still activated for standby, has the feed changed, does anybody else have in info on the weather add on? Thanks.
P.s. Screen works as it always has during live tv and media playback.

DaMacFunkin
11-05-15, 08:04
Anybody with a duo2 care to try the weather screen incase it is a bug?

pembo
25-05-15, 06:44
DaMacFunkin... I think there's an issue here... I've spotted a few crashlogs recently for L4L which suggests something is different than expected with the results returned from the weather query. I'll take a look to see if I can work out whats going on and put in fix!

pembo
26-05-15, 05:57
Just for ref... heres's the LCD4L crash log I'm seeing...don't trust my line numbers though!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 4023, in run
para[0](para[1],para[2],para[3])
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9147, in putWetter
if int(Regen.replace("%","")) >= int(LCD4linux.WetterRainColor2use.value):
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

pembo
26-05-15, 06:32
I wonder if this is something caused as part of the re-setup when moving to hades (I just imported my L4L settings).
I'm waiting for my next crash to see if anything shows.

Does your L4L crash?
Do you get the yellow quarter circle?
Is there a crash log in /tmp on the box you can post here?

pembo
28-05-15, 06:39
DaMacFunkin - I got the crash again last night but hadn't got the debug log turned on - I've turned this on and diverted it to the HDD so I don't fill the internal flash so if it happens again, I should hopefully be able to work out why.

Are you getting a crash in LCD4Linux?

Do you see/ have the yellow crash corner turned on, or do you a crash log in /tmp (you can also see this from the webif lcd4linux config screens).

DaMacFunkin
28-05-15, 08:55
Sorry I didn't spot you had replied to my post pembo, I actually think lcd4linux might crash as it doesn't display a red icon during recording whilst in standby, if I had to nail it it stopped working after the first time I flashed Hades, just to check I restored a full backup of Apollo 154 and it still didn't work that's why I didn't want to blame it on hades but that is dego when it stopped, I will have to check if there is a log when I get home, will it generate its own log or will I have to turn debug on?

DaMacFunkin
28-05-15, 20:19
Hello my lcd4linux isn't crashing I can get it display something in standby, just not the weather, in global options the main choice for weather just says msn, I don't remember it saying that before, and how does the plugin know the man address, it isn't listed anywhere... Confused.

pembo
30-05-15, 07:49
turn on the extensive log in the config screen (I use open webif)... try to setup the weather and give it 10 mins then see if it appears, if not post the log.
also - be sure to turn off the log after 10 mins, or divert it via a sym link to a file on the Hd as it goes to /tmp which is on the internal flash, and i'd hate for it to fill your flash!

pembo
30-05-15, 07:50
Mine crashes pretty much every night trying to update the weather for some reason - i'm still trying to investigate this but it's painful as I need to wait each day!

pembo
30-05-15, 09:06
I think I might have fixed the crash I'm getting. It looks like it has an issue when there is no rain (something must have changed in the openweatherapi) as it tries to change the colour depending on the value and when there is none, it bombs out. I've put a change in that I'll leave testing to see if it resolves the issue...

No rain - lol... probably why I've not noticed the crash before!

chaser
31-05-15, 08:35
No rain - lol... probably why I've not noticed the crash before!
That's exactly what I thought. Particularly living in Scotland!

I've also been having these issues (missing weather icons and yellow crash flag). It took me long enough to work out that the yellow flag was a crash indicator! I don't seem to have missing weather icons any longer, but still get the crash flag. Not had a chance to view logs yet, but will do shortly.

pembo
31-05-15, 08:59
upload or post the lines in the crash log, and I'll let you know if its the same issue I'm having... I'm testing the fix over a few nights. Good news is I didn't have a crash last night... bad news is it's rain everyday ;)

I'll upload the fix here once I'm happy with it... it's only a 1 liner, so doesn't have much of an impact!

chaser
31-05-15, 12:08
Found this info in a file called l4lcrash.txt file in the /tmp folder. It's a new file that was created at 00:56:00 this morning:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 4018, in run
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9142, in putWetter

Unfortunately, I've only got a single E2 crash log file in /home/root/logs and this is for a kodi crash this morning. I guess that means I haven't had any other E2 crashes for a number (8) of days. I didn't have debug logs enabled, but have done that now. I'll also rename the l4lcrash.txt file and see if that removes the yellow flag.

Edit 1: Yes. Renaming that file has cleared the yellow crash flag! But I suspect it will come back again tomorrow morning.

Edit 2: I see that I'm getting exactly the same error as you.

pembo
31-05-15, 15:38
i'll upload the fix here for you to test :)

pembo
31-05-15, 15:44
Unzip and copy the 2 files into here, replacing what exists (back up the existing files first)

\Root\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\LC D4linux

If neither of us have had the error after a week or so, I'd say we're good :)

pembo
31-05-15, 15:45
My error occurs at the exact same time as well :eek:

chaser
31-05-15, 22:12
Thanks for this. I'm away from by box just now, but will get it done tomorrow evening.

pembo
01-06-15, 20:43
I'm getting some other errors now similar issue somewhere else... still testing.

pembo
04-06-15, 06:55
Ok, found another separate issue that's causing the weather not to show...

06:41:03 Error1: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 4023, in run
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9194, in putWetter
if Feel=="" or abs(int(Feel or "0")-int(Temp_c[:-1] or "0")) < int(LCD4linux.WetterExtraFeel.value) or LCD4linux.WetterExtra.value == False:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '9\xb0'

This occurs because for some reason every now and again, the degrees symbol is returned with the feel value, so I'll need to change it to handle this
e.g. when it works, the value is just a digit,

01:35:03 feel is: 8

when it fails, the value is...

06:41:03 feel is: 9°

I'll take a look and fix the - problem is, right now I can't work out why this happens, whether its the weather api, or somewhere else in the code, but I can put some defensive code in to avoid the crash.

pembo
04-06-15, 22:54
Ok - anyone who uses LCD4L and weather and having issues with crashes please try the attached.

browse to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux
backup the following two files:

plugin.py
plugin.pyo

Unzip the files in the attached zip replacing these two files
Restart the e2 gui for the file to take effect

Leave this running, ensure the weather eventually shows (may take 10 minutes to refresh the weather) and post back if you don't experience any more crashes over the next few days.

pembo
05-06-15, 20:58
just to report back, no crashes so far, but it's too early to be sure. Need to monitor the weather over a few days!
The change covers two area that were causing crashes for me...

1) Regen (German for rain!) when no value is returned from the weather api
2) Temperature Feel - when a degrees symbol is returned.

chaser
05-06-15, 21:05
I've copied the files over to the box, but I've not had the opportunity to reboot the box yet. Will do that later this evening when everyone else has gone to bed and will report back later.

chaser
06-06-15, 11:40
Rebooted the box yesterday evening, but still seem to be getting a crash.

L4Lcrash.txt:
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9150, in putWetter

The L4log.txt file shows this error occurring several times during the early hours of the morning:

00:36:04
00:40:04
00:56:04

Typical output from L4log.txt:

00:36:03 Data-Build
00:36:04 creating LCD-Picture
00:36:04 Wetter Picon used: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/wetter/ png
00:36:04 Error1: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9150, in putWetter

00:36:04 Push: 0.178 (1/0/0) Wait: 0.001
00:36:04 writing to Vu+ LCD
00:36:04 RunTime: 0.255 (Picture: 0.192 / Write: 0.063)

The 'Wetter Picon used:' line looks a bit odd. There is no actual picon file name - just the png extension.

pembo
06-06-15, 13:48
Thanks... I've been waiting for rain ;
I'll take a look... I haven't changed the code there so it's probably another issue but I'll check it out based on your trace!

pembo
06-06-15, 20:20
Ok, same instructions as before... give this a try.. I've addressed the 'Regen' (rain) issue everywhere I think!
Still waiting for any sort of rain chance on the weather myself so can't recreate this issue yet... only a matter of time though ;)

Let me know how you get on this time!

pembo
07-06-15, 06:35
no issues overnight - but no chance of rain either!

chaser
07-06-15, 10:38
Thanks... I've been waiting for rain ;
I'll take a look... I haven't changed the code there so it's probably another issue but I'll check it out based on your trace!Yeah. not sure it's too relevant actually. Before you posted your latest fix, I did a bit of digging around yesterday, and found the following changelog:

4.5r0 (26.01.2015)
- Wetter: OpenWeatherMap Alternative
- zusätzliches Hintergrund-Element
- randlose Forschrittbar , +/-min
- einige weitere Elemente: +Längeneinstellung
- externes Element: +"circle"
- Unterstützung ET8500-Skin-LCD
- Fix: jährliche ICS-Termine , IMAP Tageabfrage
- weitere kleine Anpassungen (MP3-Info...)
r1 (27.01.): Fix: geteilter Schirm/Länge ; Fortschrittbar "auf Linie"
r2 (31.01.): Fix: globale Font-Einstellung per WebIF ; Picondarstellung bei Position>0 ; Satellit OE2.2 ; Standardwert Länge Sendungsinfo ist "100%"
r3 (28.02.): Timeshift"Ring" ; Fortschrittbar ausschaltbar ; Klappenuhr mit Datum oder Wochentag ; Sprachenupdate pl,fr,ru,es (Thanks to contributors)
r4 (05.04.): Fix: Wettercrash , Kalenderaktualisierung ; Sprachenupdate SpanischThe latest r4 update is what looked interesting.

I'm a bit confused about where the 4.6-r1 version that is currently ships with OpenVix comes from, and if this is actually later than the 4.5-r4 version above. I suspect it's not.
I downloaded the latest enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux_4.5-r4_mips32el.ipk and installed this over the top of the existing version, but this didn't seem to work properly. I then decided to just replace the plugin.py file, and see what difference that made. It messed up much of my LCD config, so I had to set it up from scratch again. But once that was done, it all seems to be working again. No crashes yet, and plenty of rain here. In fact, Thursday looks very rainy! Copy of plugin.py from the 4.5-r4 ipk file attached below...

43040 :thumbsup:

chaser
07-06-15, 11:33
Just extracted the entire LCD4Linux and Component folders from the 4.5-r4 ipk (using 7zip), copied these over to my box, rebooted, and all looks good. There are also usb and icalendar subfolders in the tmp folder of the ipk. I didn't copy these across. I suspect the usb bit was breaking comms with the LCD screen when using the VU box to install the ipk. Copy of full ipk below:

pembo
12-06-15, 20:23
the vix version of lcd4linux is a branch of the original (with additional modifications) I believe at request of the author - so it's not quite as straight forward.
If you copy the original, you'll lose certain features, e.g. service name picon support.

The fixes I've applied to the vix version also appear to have resolved all the weather issues - I've not had a crash in just short of a week now.

DaMacFunkin
17-06-15, 08:05
I know I started this thread and I am sorry I havnt had time to participate with any of the suggestions but I will over the next couple of days, reason it has grabbed my interest is last night I deleted my picon folder on my duo2 and finally got round to uploading snp picons, just as I did this VM had an outage in my area and I lost all Internet, tv and phone, A while later I went to the box and the weather was now showing on the front in all its glory after weeks of a blank screen... I've got up this morning and the Internet is back on but I'm only getting part of the weather and a yellow icon in the top left corner, which I believe indicates a crash, it has never been there before the screen has always been blank.

pembo
17-06-15, 19:37
no probs - just take the last attachment :)
I'm pretty confident now that this resolves the issues in the branched version of lcd4l that openvix uses.
I've not had a crash in a long time

Rob van der Does
18-06-15, 02:59
Ok, same instructions as before... give this a try.. I've addressed the 'Regen' (rain) issue everywhere I think!
Still waiting for any sort of rain chance on the weather myself so can't recreate this issue yet... only a matter of time though ;)

Let me know how you get on this time!
With my settings the weather-display is fine again using this fix.

DaMacFunkin
18-06-15, 12:55
My weather displays fine on the lad with this fix. Tried last night and again to day, except it seems to be a day behind, I have my weather set to display 2 day weather and current, so from left to right it should show - Thursday-Friday-current, but it is now always a day behind, currently showing Wednesday-Thursday- and what I presume to be current, but it could be yesterday's current???

pembo
18-06-15, 21:02
has it not always been like that?
So today, tomorrow and right now???

Rob van der Does
19-06-15, 05:59
Indeed: shows yesterday's weather as well now...

pembo
19-06-15, 06:16
yeah - i'm seeing that now - looks like the author really messed this up or the openweathermap api has changed significantly... I'll look at a full merge from the original.

pembo
19-06-15, 06:39
looks like this is a problem from openweather map - even just doing a search for my location on their website shows yesterdays weather, which is coming back in the API call.

Rob van der Does
19-06-15, 06:51
Forecasted history....

OK, then I suggest your last fix is fine.

DaMacFunkin
19-06-15, 09:05
It's strange that because it certainly didn't show yesterday's weather before the gremlins, is there somewhere or someone we can tickle to change or update the api?

pembo
19-06-15, 20:22
reboot the user interace. Just be aware that openweathermap only allows a call every ten minutes.

Rob van der Does
21-06-15, 06:30
Committed, thanks Pembo.
But I was just too late for Hades 013....

DaMacFunkin
22-06-15, 10:11
reboot the user interace. Just be aware that openweathermap only allows a call every ten minutes.

I actually meant is there an author of the api we can contact to fix it... As it is booted my vix from deep standby last night at 21:00h and it was still forecasting Saturdays and Sunday's weather which is about as much use as tits on fish, so in the settings I set it to 4 days 1 line and if I position it right it gives me tomorrow, the day after and current IF it would let me choose 3 days 1 line and I positiond it to the right that would give me today, tomorrow and current which would be smashing ;)

pembo
22-06-15, 16:08
You could try using msn instead?