PDA

View Full Version : Accessing the Internet from behind a proxy

JoeH
12-12-10, 09:51
My VU+ Duo is behind a proxy. I have configured the box to use an Internet proxy (using the "export http_proxy" command, added the the "Profiles" file), and "wget" works just fine from Telnet.

In the VIX 1.3 setup, the Network Setup is configured correctly and passes all the tests, but the box can't get to the Internet from within VIX. It seems VIX doesn't respect the proxy setting.

How can I allow VIX to get to the Internet while behind an Internet proxy? Thanks in advance.

JoeH
14-12-10, 17:18
Anyone? Please let me know - even if it's that this isn't possible. If you know of any images that have this option, that would be of interest too, as well as what the server name is where the Plugins are hosted (to ask for access to it from my network admin).

sagheer_ahmed
16-12-10, 18:07
you have to configure ur adaptor setting for ip of proxy server, dns and vu duo ip address

sagheer_ahmed
16-12-10, 18:09
ur vu duo will then connect to the internet like youtube etc, but still cccam will not work behind proxy. (i m searching for this answer)

JoeH
16-12-10, 19:09
Thanks. But where do I put the proxy server address? I don't see a field for that.

I see a field for the IP address of the Vu Duo, Netmask, the Gateway, DHCP, DNS, but don't see anywhere to put in the proxy server number.

sagheer_ahmed
10-01-11, 12:55
DNS is the IP of the proxy server.