PDA

View Full Version : sorry epg prob ?

chadda
10-05-15, 13:04
just installed vix hades 007
only thing i cannot sort is the epg coming through on terrestrial but sport ect not happening

formatted and mounted usb stick changed epg location to media usb

open tv providers sky uk open green tick and save

cross epg setup once a day download 04.00

cross epg start order sky open tv save

click on download now

starting downloader bar shows for 15 seconds then goes of not downloading

blue button crossepg downloader bar shows for 15 seconds then goes off not downloading

i did this setup when i was using Apollo 166 without a problem ?

any help on this chaps ?

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 13:06
You got a swap file enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
10-05-15, 13:07
Do you get any errors on the screen?

chadda
10-05-15, 13:13
You got a swap file enabled? could you tell me where i would find that file please

Do you get any errors on the screen? no get no errors ?

thanks for your input

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 13:22
Press blue button, ViX, Swap Manager and blue button to create a swap file. Go with the 256mb option to your HDD. After a few minutes press yellow button to Autostart followed by green button to Activate. Exit and then try a CrossEPG downloader again (blue button and CrossEPG Downloader)

chadda
10-05-15, 13:41
Press blue button, ViX, Swap Manager and blue button to create a swap file. Go with the 256mb option to your HDD. After a few minutes press yellow button to Autostart followed by green button to Activate. Exit and then try a CrossEPG downloader again (blue button and CrossEPG Downloader)

many thanks followed your instructions green tick 256mb active
go to blue button crossepg downloader starting downloader bar comes up but fails to download ?

abu baniaz
10-05-15, 13:44
Enable debug logs. The option is in the logs menu. Restart receiver for this to take effect.

Repeat process. The logs will be found in /home/root/logs/ Attach here.

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 13:48
Setup CrossEPG again. Press menu, setup, system, EPG, Load/Save/Delete and Delete EPG. Then CrossEPG, Configure, Schedule for 4:15am daily and green button to save. Then OpenTV providers and select Sky UK OpenTV 28.2 and green button to save. Then exit to EPG Settings and change location to media/hdd (unplug your usb, hdd is better) and green button to save. Exit back to main menu and then restart your receiver. After box has restarted try a blue button and CrossEPG Downloader again.

chadda
10-05-15, 14:05
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;355170]Setup CrossEPG again. Press menu, setup, system, EPG, Load/Save/Delete and Delete EPG. Then CrossEPG, Configure, Schedule for 4:15am daily and green button to save. Then OpenTV providers and select Sky UK OpenTV 28.2 and green button to save. Then exit to EPG Settings and change location to media/hdd (unplug your usb, hdd is better) and green button to save. Exit back to main menu and then restart your receiver. After box has restarted try a blue button and CrossEPG Downloader again.

many thanks that worked a treat ----- plus i have a spear usb stick haha ---- i thought it was best to use a usb for epg so i take it the new hades image has sorted that out ? much appreciated thank you

PS plus seemed to boot faster :)

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 14:15
Yeah the swap file will give it a lil memory boost. [emoji106]🏼
Glad we got you sorted. [emoji4]