PDA

View Full Version : Which Quad Tuner

netpalmer
10-05-15, 11:55
Looking to replace my Sky+ HD box so I'm thinking of upgrade to a Quad Tuner

VU+ Duo 2 or the Mut@nt HD2400

Never used it before but I'm told I can add XBMC

Is there anything between the two units that one can do and the other can't ?

Any advice please ?

Why would you want the aerial TV tuner for Digital TV as my TV has a digital receiver, can the box record these channels too ?

Thanks!

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 12:05
Also look at the Xtrend ET10000. I have a Mut@nt HD2400 and love it. I have had a Vu+ Duo2 and while its an excellent receiver I got bored of the LCD screen on the front.
Yeah these boxes can record these channels and having ViX installed you get loads of benefits. I.e. ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) which provides you with your channel listings, CrossEPG for your 7 day guide, Timeshift (sky's pause live tv equivalent), Timers (one off recordings), AutoTimers (sky's series link equivalent), the list just goes on n on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thor1
10-05-15, 12:09
Vu Duo2 is only quad tuner for sat, no twin tuner for DVBc/T2

thor1
10-05-15, 12:14
Xtrend ET10000 and the Mut@nt HD2400 have 4 plug and play tuner slots, so you can mix and match tuners

DaMacFunkin
10-05-15, 13:19
Vu Duo2 is only quad tuner for sat, no twin tuner for DVBc/T2

Twin T2/C tuner for duo2 is in testing, has been for a while and should be available real soon also given that VU+ have just released a USB T2/C tuner as well that's pretty cheap you shouldn't just dismiss the duo2, I love mine.

Sicilian
10-05-15, 15:15
Twin T2/C tuner for duo2 is in testing, has been for a while and should be available real soon also given that VU+ have just released a USB T2/C tuner as well that's pretty cheap you shouldn't just dismiss the duo2, I love mine.

Plug and play tuners are far better than USB tuners.

Duo2 with two slots have its limitations, even VU+ release their Twin Hybrid tuner. What if a users wants 3x Satellite+1xHybrid or 3x Hybrid+1xSatellite?

netpalmer
10-05-15, 15:32
Why would you need the hybrid tuner ? can you record ? most TV's have a digital receiver...

With my Sky box I have an RF out to a second TV with a Red Eye to change channels, does anyone have a setup to a second TV if so how please ?

netpalmer
10-05-15, 16:03
I think I was deciding on the Mut@ant HD2400 until I saw the GiGaBlue HD Quad+ Plus, has this just been added didn't see it before ?

2 x Fixed LNB inputs A+B and 2 more optional inputs C+D, E-SATA is this any good to use ?

I just can't decide..... I suppose all are good.

Mr. Mister
10-05-15, 16:08
I have a Quad+ with 4 sat turners..

Tuners 1 and 2 x fixed on 28.2E
Tuner 3 on motorized
Tuner 4 on 13.0E

Works like a sweet each time.. everytime.. And would not swap it for any Vu+ and had them all..

Not had a Mut@ant.. So cant comment on that..

nsw9154
10-05-15, 18:08
I have just Boxed up my Quad plus that i bought from wos in January as i have just bought a Xtrend ET10k to go with my Mut@nt so it is surplus to requirements ;)

the Mut@nt is a great receiver far better than my Duo2

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 18:40
Norm, which is the best out the two, Mut@nt HD2400 or the Xtrend ET10k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsw9154
10-05-15, 19:25
That's a tough one Andy as you know i love the Mut@nt but the ET10k is coming very close and with it's far superior remote i am tending to use it more, but saying that my Mut@nt is still getting used just as much, and i am starting to feel sorry for my LX3 & Duo2 they don't seem get a look in lately :)

joysleep1
11-05-15, 14:03
One thing i have noticed about the et10k is that it gets very warm. It reaches around 48 degrees. It still runs perfectly. Just not sure i would like it that hot. What does your receiver say after about ten minutes of use NSW?

thor1
11-05-15, 15:24
That's a tough one Andy as you know i love the Mut@nt but the ET10k is coming very close and with it's far superior remote i am tending to use it more, but saying that my Mut@nt is still getting used just as much, and i am starting to feel sorry for my LX3 & Duo2 they don't seem get a look in lately :)

I feel sorry people with LX3s with no spares to be had, I prefer ET10000 with taken a 3.5 drive

Sicilian
11-05-15, 18:23
One thing i have noticed about the et10k is that it gets very warm. It reaches around 48 degrees. It still runs perfectly. Just not sure i would like it that hot. What does your receiver say after about ten minutes of use NSW?

Dont worry about it, I've seen receiver reach 80 deg and still run ok, its normal and fine at 48 deg.

nsw9154
11-05-15, 19:34
My ET10k is currently running at 45c and it is sat on top of my Mut@nt but like Sicilian said it should be fine

another thing with the 10k is that the fan is fitted directly below the Hard Drive so i am not sure if it is blowing out or sucking in but i think that most fans blow out :confused:

joysleep1
11-05-15, 20:34
Dont worry about it, I've seen receiver reach 80 deg and still run ok, its normal and fine at 48 deg.

Oh really.
Thanks sicillian. Thought that was a bit too warm tho. Never knew some receivers run that hot. I was thinking about buying one of those usb cooling fans where i can sit the box on.
Love this box though.
I do not know that to do with my spare DVD-C tuners that came with the receiver. Would it be possible if i can sell it to the sponsor because i do not feel comfortable selling it privately. ?

tappari
13-05-15, 19:26
When talking about 4 x C/T2 tuners VU+ seems to come back with dual C/T2 tuner to Duo2. Price in HM Sat seems to be 89 euros/piece.

tappari
14-05-15, 08:27
Also look at the Xtrend ET10000. I have a Mut@nt HD2400 and love it. I have had a Vu+ Duo2 and while its an excellent receiver I got bored of the LCD screen on the front.
Yeah these boxes can record these channels and having ViX installed you get loads of benefits. I.e. ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) which provides you with your channel listings, CrossEPG for your 7 day guide, Timeshift (sky's pause live tv equivalent), Timers (one off recordings), AutoTimers (sky's series link equivalent), the list just goes on n on.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might depend how far you are from the box. My distance is 5 meters. I have ET10000 with a very small display. That`s why I have to modify /usr/share/enigma2/display/skin_display.xml just to see clock big enough in standby mode. And normally after image update I have to bring my file back again. With Duo2 LCD screen there is no problem if you know how to do it. Display is big and bright. I have no experience with Mutant 2400, but maybe it`s display is not so easy to adjust like you do in Duo2.