PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Wrong data in embedded VM EPG

lincsat
08-05-15, 23:12
Strange one this, I'm getting wrong data apparently for only Sky News HD on VM using the embedded EPG reader. I get the 6+ Days data after sitting on the EPG transponder for 5 minutes, initially it's correct. Later I notice that several events are wrong eg showing Dr Who, Teleshopping or closedown. These are interspaced with correct events - see screengrab. The incorrect events seem to be only for about 3 days in advance. Don't know if this is a bug, corrupt data or an issue with the VM EPG data in my area.

Now, this isn't a problem to me as it's only Sky News, so it's pretty obvious what programming is on.

timofee
09-05-15, 12:54
The embedded VM EPG is very poor and gives many errors.

Much better to use the EPGRefresh plugin for VM, it's not 100% fault free, but works well enough.

lincsat
09-05-15, 15:59
EPG refresh uses the same PVR_EPG stream that I am using.

timofee
10-05-15, 21:52
Might be because Sky News HD is no longer available.

Have you checked the SD version to see if that is ok.

lincsat
11-05-15, 00:58
Sky News HD is still available here. Maybe a bug in the VM EPG stream as programs look OK from Monday evening onwards.

DaMacFunkin
11-05-15, 08:00
Because VM doesn't use a dynamic epg it is never up to date, you will always find something that has changed and they havn't updated it or your box hasn't got round to overwriting the info it has stored, i believe they will be moving to a dynamic epg but as with everything VM related it seems to take an age.

lincsat
11-05-15, 13:29
I don't think that's it M8 as on a ZGemma box using Hades 005, the EPG data is correct and on the Duo2, deleting and reloading the data got the same issues. Anyway, it's all looking good from today, so maybe some bug that only affected some boxes - even though the code should be the same.