PDA

View Full Version : Need help : Weird HDMI no signal issue

kunmun23
08-05-15, 21:25
Hi Friends,

I recently bought a new 65" Digihome TV on a deal and am running into a weird issue :

I have the HDMI 2 port on my TV connected to my et9x00 (running the latest Haydes image).

If I switch off the TV using the remote and switch it back ON again, I get a "No Signal" message on the screen even if the et9x00 is ON.

I tried putting the et9x00 in standby and ON again but no luck.

I tried changing the TV source from HDMI2 to HDMI 3 and back but no luck

I tried swapping the HDMI cable and swapping the HDMI port but no luck

I suspected the issue to be related to HDMI CEC so I disabled it on both the TV and the et9x00 (they weren't working smoothly anyways...switching on the et9x00 wouldn't wake up the tv, or switching it off on the remote wouldn't put the TV in standby...and the same applies to the TV remote too). However, this didn't solve the issue.

I then suspected it to be a bad TV and decided to return it....however, I have my Xbox connected to HDMI 3 and there's no such issue there.

It seems to be some sort of compatibility issue between the et9x00 and the TV...everything works fine till I put the TV in standby and once I switch on the TV again, there's no signal from the et9x00.

The only workaround I could find was

a) Reboot the et9x00 - takes a long time and not a workable solution
OR
b) Remove and reinsert the HDMI cable into the TV again...it immediately starts showing the video from the et9x00 on the TV

Any thoughts ?? I don't want to return the TV and I don't want to swap my loyal et9x00 for another box...I can't leave my TV continuously ON and its really cumbersome to remove and reinsert the HDMI cable each time I want to watch the tv :(

...please help...any ideas, pointers to fix the issue highly appreciated.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Here's a link to the TV >>

http://www.tesco.com/direct/digihome-65-inch-smart-wi-fi-built-in-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview-hd/721-9332.prd?skuId=721-9332&pageLevel=&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

https://www.vestel.com.tr/vestel-smart-65pf7575-165-ekran-led-tv