PDA

View Full Version : Satellite cables versus Number of Tuners

rowladar
08-05-15, 00:15
Hi,
still getting used to my Duo2 - have a (hopefully) simple question for the experts on here...

I have successfully replaced my old Sky HD box and have plugged the two cables from the Sky dish directly into ports A & B of the only DVB-S2 card in my Duo. However, I am now wondering if I bought another DVB-S2 card for the second slot, would I be able to put one of the two sat cables into each and use the "loop cable" provided with the Duo2 to create 4 working tuners - i.e. be able to record up to four separate programmes at once, while still only having two physical cables coming from the satellite dish?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

D.

judge
08-05-15, 00:27
Using loopthrough will give you a few extra recording options, not fully working tuners though.
The more feeds & tuners you have the better.
Your Duo2 can easilly record 4+ channels with 2 feeds. They might not be the channels you want though.
To see what else is available to record, if using ViX, record 2 channels, switch to one of the recording channels, bring up your channel list, press green for satellites, pick current transponder. Any channels listed there can still be recorded/watched.
Switch to the other channel, do the same & those channels can be recorded/watched too.

However, to get full use out of the Duo2, 4 tuners with 4 feeds is the best option. (leaving extra USB tuners out of the equation)