PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Intermittent VIX Spinner. Help!

Donnie2000
07-05-15, 21:01
Hi, My solo2 is intermittently dislaying the vix spinner and becomes unresponsive. During this time i can access the file system through filezilla but all controls become unresponsive. If a channel is displayed it continues displaying or if a recording from the hdd is playing it continues playing but all controls are unresponsive and the box cannot be accessed during this time through open webif.
I've tried a fresh flashing, changed the hard drive, changed the usb stick for the epg, deleted the timer xml's. So far nothing has worked. I've turned on the debug logging if that is a help.

judge
07-05-15, 21:11
You have quite a few

WARNING: EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::get), you should restart Enigma!
In there. Maybe worth deleting it & downloading again.

Donnie2000
07-05-15, 21:22
You have quite a few

WARNING: EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::get), you should restart Enigma!
In there. Maybe worth deleting it & downloading again.

Deleting what exactly? I already changed the usb flash for the epg, so it got downloaded fresh....thanks

judge
07-05-15, 21:45
Delete the EPG.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete -> Delete EPG.

What epg sources are you using & have you an internal HDD in the Solo2?

Donnie2000
07-05-15, 22:58
Delete the EPG.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete -> Delete EPG.

What epg sources are you using & have you an internal HDD in the Solo2?

crossepg sources: rytec uk xmltv and sky uk open tv

I do have an internal hdd but i have that unplugged and am now using an external usb hdd

judge
07-05-15, 23:00
No need to use both rytec uk xmltv and sky uk open tv as one overwrites the other.
Just use one & it should corrupt a lot less often.

Donnie2000
07-05-15, 23:20
No need to use both rytec uk xmltv and sky uk open tv as one overwrites the other.
Just use one & it should corrupt a lot less often.

ok thanks......

judge
07-05-15, 23:26
I do have an internal hdd but i have that unplugged and am now using an external usb hdd
Is the external HDD powered? Why not using the internal?

ok thanks......
No problem, personally I prefrer sky uk open tv as it's direct from the provider, but use which ever you prefer. Probably the second one you had set in CrossEPG - Providers start order as that is the one you were seeing on most if not all channels.

Donnie2000
07-05-15, 23:36
the external hdd is powered from the usb. i am doing a temporary swap from the internal hdd as i had thought the internal hdd might have been the problem. The problem appeared to occur mostly when playing a recording although now it seems to happen anytime.
i've now set crossepg to open tv only. Hopefully it solves something!

judge
07-05-15, 23:39
USB powered HDD isn't really recommended either.
I'd reconnect the internal one, format it in the box & use that for your EPG, recordings and so on.

Donnie2000
08-05-15, 20:08
ok i made the changes to the ABM and Crossepg (deleting the epg first). Just watching tv now and the spinner came up again. Here is an extract from the end of the debug log which maybe captures something if somebody can decipher?

judge
09-05-15, 00:36
Your box is open to the world as you've enabled port forwarding to it.
Could be anybody logging onto it & causing issues.
Pull the network cable, does it happen then?
You should also disable portforwarding before connecting the box to your network again.

Donnie2000
09-05-15, 01:05
Your box is open to the world as you've enabled port forwarding to it.
Could be anybody logging onto it & causing issues.
Pull the network cable, does it happen then?
You should also disable portforwarding before connecting the box to your network again.

I enabled port forwarding so that i could access the box remotely from my phone to set timers. Is there another way? thanks

judge
09-05-15, 01:11
I enabled port forwarding so that i could access the box remotely from my phone to set timers. Is there another way? thanks

A VPN is the ideal way, the way you currently have it, anyone can & probably is accessing it.

Donnie2000
09-05-15, 23:02
so now i've reflashed again with build 166. I have not installed the inadyn this time. In fact the only extra i've done is put on the softcam 2.3.0 and scan tuner. I have a problem now where REC has appeared and is staying on the display and consequently it's telling me that there is no free tuner even though the timer list is empty! any ideas?

judge
09-05-15, 23:27
Your ports are still open & still forwarded!

Andy_Hazza
09-05-15, 23:28
Have you closed your port forwards in your router as recommended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnie2000
09-05-15, 23:45
no but i will do it now!! thanks

Donnie2000
10-05-15, 20:45
ok maybe a bit early to say but i must admit this seems to have solved my problems. Now to try to set up a VPN....
Do i not need ports forwarded no matter what way i try to remotely access?
Thanks everyone

Huevos
10-05-15, 21:23
If it is a proper VPN you don't need forwarded ports because all devices appear as if they are all on the same subnet.

MrCeez
11-05-15, 01:34
If it is a proper VPN you don't need forwarded ports because all devices appear as if they are all on the same subnet.

Having the same problem how can I set this up using private Internet access and dyndns?

pembo
11-05-15, 05:44
private internet access (assuming you're talking about the VPN provider) proivdes you with a VPN CLIENT to connect to their anonymous network.
You need a VPN server in your nework, that you can connect into, but you do need a dyndns (other alternatives are available!) address to be able to find your VPN server/home network