PDA

View Full Version : VU solo2 tuner B seems to be not working

volvoman
07-05-15, 14:12
hello I am new to the forum my VU box tunerB seems to be not working i cannot record two programmes and if i record just one I cannot view any others I just get a tune failed warning?? Is there a way of testing this out in the settings

Jasonbastow22
07-05-15, 14:23
I had the same problem it's to do with the image of vix you need to try an older image that fix it for me

judge
07-05-15, 14:27
I had the same problem it's to do with the image of vix you need to try an older image that fix it for me
Nonsense. .

pac2000
07-05-15, 14:40
Yeah Go To Tuner Configuration, And Disable Tuner A... That Will Allow You To Test Tuner B... Then Switch The Inputs... And Test Tuner B Again... This Will Allow You To See If It's The Tuner Or Cable/LNB That's The Problem...

bassethound
07-05-15, 14:42
why is it nonsense totally daft thing to say on the Vix support forum:confused:

it also happened to me on my miraclebox twin on Hades 005 put my backup 166 on and tuners back to normal

judge
07-05-15, 14:46
why is it nonsense totally daft thing to say on the Vix support forum:confused:

it also happened to me on my miraclebox twin on Hades 005 put my backup 166 on and tuners back to normal
Because it is nonsense.

bassethound
07-05-15, 14:54
sorry it must be nonsense then if you say so :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 14:59
@Jasonbastow22
The only thing in image likely to cause such issues is the inclusion of updated drivers. Vu have not had a change in this respect AFAIK. Please start a thread of your own and it can be looked at.

goosegog
07-05-15, 16:01
Since someone has brought this up this has happened twice to me over the last couple of weeks,tuner b on solo 2 not working,havnt a clue what id done to create it sorry but a reboot sorted the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwg
07-05-15, 18:42
I also have a Solo 2 with Hades 5 - both tuners working perfectly. From being on here a while I tend to agree with the experts - like judge and abu. I carried out the disable tuner A test and tuner B working fine. Just a suggestion but you could swap over your BNC cables from LNB's and see if the fault moves to Tuner A?
Hades 5 has been a great build - not had any of the reported symptoms in various threads (apart from the one about doing a USB flash as opposed to couch flash)

Rob van der Does
07-05-15, 18:58
I suggest you have a better look at your tuner configuration.
Do you really think we crippled Enigma2 (only for the Solo2) to disable one tuner :confused:

Trial
07-05-15, 20:28
Hi,
do you have two cables coming from the LNB? If you only have one cable it belongs in tuner B and then internally bridge to tuner A. This is something "special" with the Solo2.

ciao

nsw9154
07-05-15, 21:42
I had the same problem with my Solo2 with 1 cable until either abu or judge told me to connect it to tuner B and that fixed it now i have 3 cables, but never got to fit my Gibertini fixed Dish and motorised Triax :eek: :rolleyes:

volvoman
09-05-15, 13:47
Thanks for the advice I have swapped the cables over and still get nothing from tunerB will try the disabling test next

volvoman
26-05-15, 15:08
I have now discovered that tuner B is not receiving SKY channels all other freesat works ok

DaMacFunkin
26-05-15, 15:56
Cam problem.

Rob van der Does
26-05-15, 17:02
I have now discovered that tuner B is not receiving SKY channels all other freesat works ok
What's the definition of 'not receiving'? No signal or not clearing?