PDA

View Full Version : Setting up for UK / Ireland

robsunited
06-05-15, 23:59
I'm certain I've read a thread concerning setting up Sky UK along with Sky Ireland. I'm in NI and what I want is the UK channels as well as Setanta Ireland (and other Irish channels) from the Irish Sky epg. Please don't get too mad at me but can someone tell me what settings to have in ABM to achieve this? I don't currently own an SE, I'm almost at the point of purchase, but want to ensure I have all the facts at hand before I finally go ahead and buy the box. I appreciate any support I can garner from you good folks on these pages. Cheers!!!

judge
07-05-15, 00:14
It's pretty easy to generate ABM lists for SKY ROI, SKY NI & SKY UK and even mix & match/include non-indexed channels these days, thanks to the hard work of some ViX developers.
Easier to explain when you have the box & can access the settings required.

robsunited
08-05-15, 00:28
Box coming start of week. Any heads up to make things simpler would be greatly appreciated folks. Many thanks.

Huevos
08-05-15, 01:57
You can either pick a UK region and have RTE, Setanta IE, etc in vacant slots,
or pick RoI and UTV/ITV2/ITV3/ITV4/CITV, etc in vacant slots.

All depends what numbering you are used to.

robsunited
08-05-15, 06:03
When I had Sky it would've been the numbering for Sky NI. Do I therefore choose Sky NI only or must I also enable RoI and edit? Please forgive my stupidity. I'm sure I read a detailed post on this somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it now :confused::confused:

judge
08-05-15, 09:08
If you just want the official SKY NI channel line up, enable that in ABM, if you want extra channels included, enable custom.