PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Turbo tuner driver?

psul
06-05-15, 17:32
Just flashed my box with the latest Hades image this morning.
A few hours later I took delivery of the new Vu+ Turbo T2 USB tuner but it is not recognised by the box and I can not see any driver in the feeds.
Can anyone help with this?I have read that the drivers are included with official images.

rossi2000
06-05-15, 17:44
yup the turbo stuff hasnt been included in oe-a yet i dont think

Sicilian
06-05-15, 18:55
None of us have tuners to test either :(

bbbuk
08-05-15, 21:43
Turbo stuff has now been added to oe-a

duoduo
08-05-15, 22:27
Hi psul, where did you purchase the USB tuner from and what's its cost please?

DaMacFunkin
09-05-15, 06:43
+1 Thanks.

psul
09-05-15, 08:42
Hi,
I got it from a Dutch site called Joiningbits, they advertise on the Black Hole forums. Don't think I should post a link as they don't sponsor this forum. Full cost was £55 which included UPS delivery which was pretty quick, arrived in about 3 days.

bbbuk
09-05-15, 09:57
The sponsors will hopefully get some of these tuners soon.

psul
10-05-15, 10:35
Updated packages this morning and installed turbo driver but tuner not showing up in devices.

bbbuk
10-05-15, 11:03
I'm not sure if it would make a difference but did you do an online update or USB flash?

psul
10-05-15, 11:45
Hi,
I did an online update then installed the driver and rebooted.

bbbuk
10-05-15, 12:08
Can I suggest you backup your image and do a fresh USB flash of latest image with NO restore of settings and after going through installation wizard try installing driver again before really customising it further.

If still nothing then you can go back to your backup and wait for a fix

psul
10-05-15, 12:12
Thanks for the reply, I will try that.
I probably won't be able to try until tomorrow or possibly late tonight as unfortunately my family want to use the box to watch TV. They don't seem to understand that its really a toy for me to play with!

bbbuk
10-05-15, 12:31
....unfortunately my family want to use the box to watch TV. They don't seem to understand that its really a toy for me to play with!I have same issue :)

DaMacFunkin
10-05-15, 13:24
Ps do you have any other USB tuners? Reason I ask is I have sundtek tuners and they don't install alongside any other USB tuners, their proprietary software takes over the entire bus or doesn't install at all, given that the VU+ driver is proprietary too could be your problem.

psul
10-05-15, 13:41
Ah you could be right.
I currently have a 290e nano stick plus a ps3 playtv tuner which work fine together. I unplugged the ps3 tuner and replaced with the turbo to try to give me twin t2 tuners. Soon as I get chance I will try with the turbo only and report back!

psul
11-05-15, 10:57
Haven't had chance to reflash yet but tried booting the box as suggested with just the turbo connected and still not recognised.

DaMacFunkin
11-05-15, 12:41
I would put money on a full re flash of box latest image with just turbo attached, install driver, reboot and set tuner up in tuner config will make it work.

bbbuk
11-05-15, 12:50
I'm not convinced, going by what I've read, that everything is updated/replaced when just an online update is done.

That's why I suggested a fresh usb flash earlier and tbh when I do updates I do usb flash with no restore of settings.

@psul, you can transfer your timers and autotimers by backing up then restoring timer.xml and autotimer.xml files located in "/etc/engima2"

psul
12-05-15, 15:33
Finally had a chance to play with the box. Reflashed by USB with latest vix image and installed turbo driver with same result - tuner not recognised by the box. This was with only the turbo connected.
I also tried the latest open ATV nightly build which gave exactly the same result as vix.
Tried the official vu+ image and the turbo works immediately with no configuration or extra drivers required, so at least I know the turbo is not faulty.
The official image is pretty painful to use so have reverted to vix in the hope that a fix will be forthcoming.

duoduo
12-05-15, 19:33
I have every faith that the vix team will find a fix for this, however it may mean them waiting on vu for answers which as I understand isn't the quickest ..

Sicilian
12-05-15, 19:43
At the moment we haven't even got a tuner to test with, so please no not expect a quick fix or solution.

rossi2000
13-05-15, 22:09
can you check:-

vuplus_tuner_turbo_driver.ko is installed in /lib/modules/${KERNEL_VERSION}/kernel/drivers/media/usb/vuplus/

and

Vuplus_Turbo_USB_0101.fw is installed in lib/firmware/

and

vuplus_turbo_c + vuplus_turbo_t are installed in /usr/bin/

psul
14-05-15, 06:59
All files are there...

hardy27
03-06-15, 23:27
Vu+ Turbo is also available in the UK from XXXX it's the same price but the drivers may on be available on firmware unless it's on the original vu+ image

EDIT(Abu Baniaz):
We have a forum sponsor, so cant direct to another retailer.

rossi2000
11-06-15, 15:22
should be working in next build.

duoduo
11-06-15, 20:16
Just to confirm this will work on the solo2 won't it?

bbbuk
11-06-15, 21:10
Just to confirm this will work on the solo2 won't it?Yes, it will (once bug is sorted out).

rossi2000
11-06-15, 21:16
should be fine on all vus.
but we have no device to test, so hopefully some users will provide feedback once next build is out.

psul
05-07-15, 13:31
Just has chance to update to hades 16 (was previously on 14) and very happy to report that the turbo tuner is working fine now.
Many thanks to all involved for their hard work in getting this fixed, much appreciated!

Huevos
05-07-15, 15:17
Andy put the icing on the Turbo cake a couple of days ago.

TopBuzz
08-07-15, 19:04
Hi, How do you put the driver for the turbo tuner on the image?

Running a zero with Hades 16. I don't see the files in the directories rossi mentioned.

Thanks

rossi2000
08-07-15, 19:06
install the drivers from the feeds.

TopBuzz
08-07-15, 19:11
install the drivers from the feeds.

Thanks, I see it now :)

TopBuzz
09-07-15, 23:17
Anybody having the box lock up (spinner) with this tuner?

Usually when first selecting it coming from sat or scanning autobouquets.

Huevos
10-07-15, 14:38
Which STB?

TopBuzz
10-07-15, 15:50
Duo2, I also have a zero I could try it with.

justin4real
11-07-15, 01:19
hades 17 and now 18 vu+ tuner not working again after fresh flash off usb. need to look at a fix for it again. going back to 16 as it worked on that.

justin4real
11-07-15, 02:03
sorry its never worked on vix image only bh image

Huevos
11-07-15, 15:15
Sicilian tested a few days ago and it was working fine. He is the only one in the ViX team with the device so no one else can test.

justin4real
11-07-15, 17:54
I can confirm that it's not working in 17 and 18 on the duo box as I'm stuck with no dvb-c tuner. I have installed with it connected and also with it not connected fresh install from USB each test.

Huevos
11-07-15, 18:05
Did you do a full restart after installing the driver.

justin4real
11-07-15, 19:44
Yes I did even a power off after that. I'll try again with v17 and double check everything before I fix an iPhone 5.

justin4real
13-07-15, 11:26
I have tried this twice yesterday and it does not work on your images. BH it's running from install.

I've tried USB install of all images from 15-18 and installed drivers with and without turbo connected on my duo original. Still it does not work now.

justin4real
13-07-15, 11:34
I have tried this twice yesterday and it does not work on your images. BH it's running from install.

I've tried USB install of all images from 15-18 and installed drivers with and without turbo connected on my duo original. Still it does not work now.

justin4real
13-07-15, 11:36
So, I'm now on BH image that work with turbo box but I want vix. Think it is a driver issue. Which I think needs addressing a.s.a.p as it's no good that BH image has it on auto installed so you can get it working after installing the image.

104bill
14-07-15, 21:15
mine is working, just need to find the right settings.

mickfarr
19-10-15, 17:30
Can any beta testers here have a look at my log and see why the VU+ Turbo Tuner causes the box to hang?

Larry-G
19-10-15, 18:23
I doubt any of the beta testers even have a turbo on which to test. The reason it just works in BH is because BH is based directly on the official Vu+ factory image.

mickfarr
19-10-15, 19:21
They should be able to tell something from looking at the log. Surely the last few entries in the log will indicate the point where to start looking? Who created the driver? He must be able to tell what's going on here. Give me the drivers I'll test them?

< 113.359430> [eDVBAudio0] destroy
< 113.360835> [eDVBText0] DEMUX_STOP ok
< 113.364762> [eDVBText0] destroy
< 113.369761> [eDVBResourceManager] start release channel timer getResolvedKey config.usage.remote_fallback failed !! (Typo??)
< 113.410446> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 113.414464> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 113.418377> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift RemovePopup, id = ZapError
< 113.429809> [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x1172d18
< 113.431804> [eEPGCache] remove channel 0x1172d18
< 113.433391> [eEPGCache] abort caching events !!
< 113.444408> [eDVBResourceManager] allocate channel.. 03ea:2174
< 113.446209> [eDVBFrontend] opening frontend 2
< 116.630796> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!

mickfarr
20-10-15, 14:12
I switched over to the Open Black Hole image and it works perfectly without even having to install any drivers. Flashed it on, copied across my TV bouquets, did a channel zap back and forth a few times and no problems :-)

I didn't realise that the Black Hole image works off the original firmware and OpenVix doesn't but for now I'll stick with Black Hole :-)

Larry-G
20-10-15, 16:06
Black hole and VTI are both directly based on the original Vu+ image as was the early VIX images upto version 2.0. By being based on the Vu OI these images work natively with all drivers and Vu features but in my opinion they lack functionality and features that are only available by the open source images.

Open Blackhole is their attempt to bridge the gap as they tried with their short live black pole image series. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking either BH or VTI as I'm currently using a BH image on my main box but you do have to sacrifice some user functionality and the skins are truly dreadful but that's just my own opinion.

mickfarr
20-10-15, 16:44
I'm still just setting it up but I haven't found myself limited to anything yet? Maybe there's a lot of limitations to a power user but it pretty much has/does everything I need.

The thing is it doesn't matter how good a skin looks if it keeps hanging every time you change a channel. Hopefully they will get the drivers sorted out of some point but for now Open Black Hole is working perfectly. Thanks for your help :-)

Larry-G
20-10-15, 16:58
If your waiting for Vu to sort their crap out and fix the drivers you could be in for a long wait, best thing you can do is pester them with weekly emails in the hope they will eventually do something about it (even better if you have friends who can do the same). There more likely to listen to you a user as opposed to any image team barring BH rite now any way.

mickfarr
21-10-15, 15:56
I've filled in a bug report on the official VU+ website, hopefully they will get this sorted out.

The only problem I have with Blackhole is that the TV Guide isn't as good as the Openvix one. I did try the CoolTVGuide plugin but that's not much better either.

Anyway hopefully this will get sorted out soon :thumbsup:

EDIT: Looks like theres a bug on there bug report webpage? The submit button doesn't do anything so I've posted on there Facebook page :cool:

Sicilian
21-10-15, 16:19
I've got to admit, I've used this tuner for freeview HD on Duo2, had zero issues with it.

DaMacFunkin
21-10-15, 18:22
Do you have any other USB tuners or anything else accessing the USB ports, in your Log it says it is polling frontend2, it is usually frontend0 if no other USB tuners are installed I'm sure, other than that I'm not sure, all I can say is I no longer use USB tuners from anybody other than Sundtek, I've had many problems with other brands, I had a problem with a sundtek sat tuner and they hounded the chip manufacturers till they rewrote the driver and kept me in the loop the entire time, you won't get that from VU+ or DvbSky.

mickfarr
21-10-15, 22:50
I've got to admit, I've used this tuner for freeview HD on Duo2, had zero issues with it.

Well there's plenty of people here posting with problems with the Turbo Tuner. In fact someone else posted up saying they had the same problem and there log is the same as mine.

As you're one of the Team Leaders you should know that your comparing apples and oranges by saying it worked for you on a VU+ Duo. Firstly that's a different box, secondly you where using a different image. Even if it was the same box you where using a different image. Bugs do happen and can easily break what may have been working at one point.

Has anyone on the Team looked at the log? I thought by posting it here someone would look at it? What's the point of the logs?

I'd also like to say you do a fantastic job and so do all of the OpenVix team :thumbsup:

mickfarr
21-10-15, 23:09
Do you have any other USB tuners or anything else accessing the USB ports, in your Log it says it is polling frontend2, it is usually frontend0 if no other USB tuners are installed I'm sure, other than that I'm not sure, all I can say is I no longer use USB tuners from anybody other than Sundtek, I've had many problems with other brands, I had a problem with a sundtek sat tuner and they hounded the chip manufacturers till they rewrote the driver and kept me in the loop the entire time, you won't get that from VU+ or DvbSky.

I have no other USB devices connected to the VU+. I'll try the other USB port just in case.

I originally bought a cheap USB Tuner off ebay and that didn't work so I then bought a Hauppauge Ministick 2 but no matter what drivers I installed it wouldn't work. So it came down to the VU+ Turbo Tuner and the Sundtek Tuner and I went with the VU+ Tuner as it was an official tuner that I thought would work and always be supported. Now I find out it's not fully supported.

I may have to pick up one of those Sundtek Tuner's you've got. Thanks for all your input and ideas :)

mickfarr
22-10-15, 09:52
Anyone know where I can download a copy of the dvd-usb-turbo (1.0-r1) driver from? I tested with OpenATV and that driver is working. Thanks