PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Vix Hades ABM Issues

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 19:58
I have selected "Custom Tyne" in Auto Bouquets Maker providers list.
Generated the Bouquets

In the second Bouquet Entertainment Im seeing the following

BBC One HD & not BBC One NE&C
BBC Two HD & not BBC Two Eng
ITV HD & not ITV tyne tees
Channel 4 HD & not channel 4 North

pembo
05-05-15, 20:05
That's how it's meant to work now. The swap channels swaps the SD for HD channels in all bouquets

goosegog
05-05-15, 20:35
Does custom mean you can rearange yourself ie:swap itv hd with itv tyne tees and it will not be overwritten on daily download back to itv hd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pembo
05-05-15, 20:42
custom means its not an official bouquet and inserts some irish channels into free slots within the bouquets that you'd otherwise have to enable sky roi for.
The swap option swaps SD/HD channels based on the swap list in the provider file.

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 20:59
Custom LCN is another thing altogether

goosegog
05-05-15, 21:17
thanks fellas,anyway i can change settings to have bbc north east and itv tyne tees in entertainment section replacing the hd ones

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 21:24
So what your saying here chaps is this is correct? Surely not

If i select Custom Tyne and enable Uk Swap Channels its correct for me to watch ITV Granada ? (that's not how it should be surely)
If i select Custom Tyne and Disable Uk Swap Channels My regional Channels appear in Both All Channels & Entertainment Bouquets (this is the only way to get my regional channels to appear)

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 21:31
Correct.

To recap
If you select "region custom" instead of "region sd" or "region hd" it will skip the unavailable hd channels

If you enable swap, all instances of the swaps will take effect. (previously this only happened in the main bouquet)
Condition for swap to occur
Both numbers must exist
Target must be HD

Don't forget that you can make the "main" bouquet = HD chnnels. If you have "region custom" selected only the avaiolable HD cahnenls will be there.

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 21:50
I live in Tyneside & we don't have any regional HD Channels,
so were expected to watch HD Channels from Manchester as our Regionals?

Up here what you have done regarding the swaps is a step in the wrong direction.
the missus went off on one when here Local ITV Tyne Tees Channel was replaced by ITV HD Granada

pembo
05-05-15, 21:53
and you can copy the provider to create your own and remove channels from the swap list if you want anything different.

Your regional channels are still there by the way - they're just on the channel number where the HD channel was... hence it's called a swap.

Swap channels in the provider file (can be found here - /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers) looks like:

<swapchannels>
<channel number="101" with="141" /><!-- BBC One HD -->
<channel number="102" with="142" /><!-- BBC Two HD -->
<channel number="103" with="178" /><!-- ITV HD -->
<channel number="104" with="227" /><!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<channel number="105" with="171" /><!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<channel number="115" with="210" /><!-- BBC Three HD -->
<channel number="116" with="211" /><!-- BBC Four HD -->
<channel number="123" with="269" /><!-- ITV Encore HD -->
<channel number="162" with="224" /><!-- RTE2 HD -->
<channel number="413" with="426" /><!-- BT Sport 1 HD -->
<channel number="414" with="427" /><!-- BT Sport 2 HD -->
<channel number="417" with="433" /><!-- ESPN HD -->
<channel number="437" with="490" /><!-- BoxNation HD -->
<channel number="501" with="516" /><!-- Sky News HD -->
<channel number="512" with="518" /><!-- RT HD -->
<channel number="503" with="570" /><!-- BBC News HD -->
<channel number="613" with="633" /><!-- CBBC HD -->
<channel number="614" with="624" /><!-- CBeebies HD -->
</swapchannels>

pembo
05-05-15, 22:02
If you want to create your own provider as you want a mix of SD and HD.

copy the "sat_282_sky_uk.xml" file found in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers and give it a different name, otherwise it could be overwritten on updates
Edit the name to something different:
<name>Sky (UK)</name>
Make any changes, e.g. remove any swaps from the swap list
Change your provider to the one you just named

If you don't want to do this, just use the SD area, but then the HD channels will be at their correct 'sky' number, e.g. BBC2 = 142, and not 102

goosegog
05-05-15, 22:19
thanks fellas for replies,sorry if this is wrong and dumb but i dont see what choosing sd region gives you now

pembo
05-05-15, 22:27
I use the custom, but...I'm pretty sure (and Abu will correct if I'm wrong!)

As below :)

Custom with swap = a mixed list with the HD channels that clear in place of the SD ones up front (e.g. 101=BBC One HD, 106 = Sky One) plus some IRE channels

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 22:29
SD region will give you the same lineup as if you had an SD Sky receiver.

HD will provide lineup as if you had HD receiver

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 22:40
and you can copy the provider to create your own and remove channels from the swap list if you want anything different.

Your regional channels are still there by the way - they're just on the channel number where the HD channel was... hence it's called a swap.

Swap channels in the provider file (can be found here - /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers) looks like:

<swapchannels>
<channel number="101" with="141" /><!-- BBC One HD -->
<channel number="102" with="142" /><!-- BBC Two HD -->
<channel number="103" with="178" /><!-- ITV HD -->
<channel number="104" with="227" /><!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<channel number="105" with="171" /><!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<channel number="115" with="210" /><!-- BBC Three HD -->
<channel number="116" with="211" /><!-- BBC Four HD -->
<channel number="123" with="269" /><!-- ITV Encore HD -->
<channel number="162" with="224" /><!-- RTE2 HD -->
<channel number="413" with="426" /><!-- BT Sport 1 HD -->
<channel number="414" with="427" /><!-- BT Sport 2 HD -->
<channel number="417" with="433" /><!-- ESPN HD -->
<channel number="437" with="490" /><!-- BoxNation HD -->
<channel number="501" with="516" /><!-- Sky News HD -->
<channel number="512" with="518" /><!-- RT HD -->
<channel number="503" with="570" /><!-- BBC News HD -->
<channel number="613" with="633" /><!-- CBBC HD -->
<channel number="614" with="624" /><!-- CBeebies HD -->
</swapchannels>

That's not the answer i was looking for, it would be overwritten by each online update (yes i could write a script to lock down "sat_282_sky_uk.xml"

The whole idea is to have the latest features that abm has to offer, which would include your
1. BBC ITV & Channel 4 HD Channels In All Channels.
2.regional channels in Entertainment bouquets.
the grief Im getting off my beloved wife is unbelievable pleased she's watching Geordie Shore atm.

You have totally written the Tyne region out of ABM in My View
If your saying this not possible then this topic is over and i will go back to Lukes Custom XML file

pembo
05-05-15, 22:43
Just copy the sky provider... Then it won't be overwritten on each update as post 11

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 22:47
Just copy the sky provider... Then it won't be overwritten on each update as post 11

That's a non starter, as that's no Different to Lukes Custom XML

the whole idea is to progress with abm but its stepping sideways

pembo
05-05-15, 22:51
The file is slightly different in Hades... I don't know if zzl file still works...
No point putting obstacles in the way of every suggestion... Won't change anything, that power is in your own hands...

goosegog
05-05-15, 22:59
still carnt see what picking SD region gives you differant than HD region with swap enabled

Huevos
05-05-15, 23:03
I live in Tyneside & we don't have any regional HD Channels,
so were expected to watch HD Channels from Manchester as our Regionals?

Up here what you have done regarding the swaps is a step in the wrong direction.
the missus went off on one when here Local ITV Tyne Tees Channel was replaced by ITV HD GranadaNot sure what you mean by this. The channel selection is set by the provider, it's nothing to do with us. In your case 103 is Tyne Tees TV North, and 178 is Granada HD. All swap does is swap those channels. If you don't want to swap select "no".

pembo
05-05-15, 23:05
Look here for the sd/hd diffs

http://www.insidethex.co.uk/xmltv/lineups/List_of_channels_on_Sky.html

Then look at the swap list I posted to understand what swaps with swap enabled

Huevos
05-05-15, 23:10
still carnt see what picking SD region gives you differant than HD region with swap enabledSD with swap enabled will give you BBC One HD at position 101. HD with swap disabled will give you your local BBC1 at position 101.

judge
05-05-15, 23:12
That's a non starter, as that's no Different to Lukes Custom XML

the whole idea is to progress with abm but its stepping sideways

We also have Custom LCN built into the image for quite a while now.
Have a look in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/ for instructions.
But like Huevos says, don't use swap if you don't want to. :confused:

goosegog
05-05-15, 23:21
SD with swap enabled will give you BBC One HD at position 101. HD with swap disabled will give you your local BBC1 at position 101.

thanks,yes i understand but in apollo when selecting sd region and swap enabled in enterainment bouquet there would be your regional sd im sure.hard too please everyone i know.
if i place regional channels in favourites does this not get overwritten?

^^COMPASS^^
05-05-15, 23:23
Not sure what you mean by this. The channel selection is set by the provider, it's nothing to do with us. In your case 103 is Tyne Tees TV North, and 178 is Granada HD. All swap does is swap those channels. If you don't want to swap select "no".

This is How it was before Hades using SKy UK (SD) with HD Swap Channel set to yes pics attached,

But now its HD Channels at the start of both bouquets using Custom Tyne and swap!

If you turn the swap off it reverts to SD at the start of both bouquets

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 23:41
This change to ABM was made clear in the ABM change log thread

Why don't you just delete the line that swaps ITV.

I hope she does not start pointing out that BBC 1 HD not having transmissions all the time.

There are only a few channels swapped anyway.

Huevos
05-05-15, 23:44
its HD Channels at the start of both bouquets using Custom Tyne and swap! Some people just want to create a main bouquet. Some people just want to create sections. It doesn't make any sense that those lists would not be identical.

If you want HD channels in the first bouquet and SD channels in the sections, select "main bouquet = HD only".

Or if you want to just avoid swapping the ITV channel make a CustomLCN file just with those channels. That would reside permanently on the box and not get affected by updates to the providers file.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
<configuration lcn="178" channelnumber="103" description="ITV"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="178" description="ITV HD"></configuration>
</lcnlist>
</custom>

If your saying this not possible then this topic is over and i will go back to Lukes Custom XML fileUsing that won't solve your issue.

And lastly if none of the above answers are of any help, if you have HD swap enabled and you want to watch your non-simulcast ITV SD regional just key in "178" on your remote.

abu baniaz
06-05-15, 07:26
The swap changes were communicated in post 30 of the chaneglog thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27398-OE-Alliance-AutoBouquetsMaker-Updates-and-Changelog-Thread

^^COMPASS^^
06-05-15, 09:29
I have tried all avenues & she who must be obeyed is still not satisfied,

I thought maybe HD channels in the first bouquet and SD channels in the sections would be fine but sadly not as it messed her numbers up.

Even tried a custom LCN but no joy.

So i have opted for Custom Tyne and swap and it's a matter of regional channels on 141 & 178

If all that don't help then i have only one option left to downgrade to AutoBouquetsMaker v2.2(1152)
& write a lock script to lock down the directory before each online update,
But hopefully she will get accustomed to the changes.

Thanks to all who have given me hints and tips in this thread.

Huevos
06-05-15, 13:16
I have tried all avenues & she who must be obeyed is still not satisfied,

I thought maybe HD channels in the first bouquet and SD channels in the sections would be fine but sadly not as it messed her numbers up.Please explain... What does "her numbers" mean. The purpose of the plugin is to follow the numbering of the broadcaster, which is what it is doing in my test.

^^COMPASS^^
06-05-15, 13:58
Please explain... What does "her numbers" mean. The purpose of the plugin is to follow the numbering of the broadcaster, which is what it is doing in my test.

I wasn't aware when Selecting main bouquet = HD only, channels start from 1 and not 101

So i have selected Sky UK
Sky UK: area Tyne Custom
Sky UK: generate main bouquet yes (only HD)
Sky UK: generate section bouquet yes
Sky UK: swap channels no

and yes i have the same as your pictures now

Thanks for your Pictures & patience

lincsat
06-05-15, 17:08
The problem is that there are not HD versions of all ITV regions, Granada is the HD region for the whole North of England. The current ABM behaviour is probably best for the majority, I guess that's why they have gone that way. I doubt ITV will invest enough in the North to add as many HD regions in the North as the South.

I have trained my wife to go to 178 for the local ITV and 141 for the local BBC news :)

pbz1983
06-05-15, 18:33
I have trained my wife to go to 178 for the local ITV and 141 for the local BBC news :)

And I guess many blokes have trained their partners not to touch the remote or go anywhere near the sat box :nono:

Blu-ray
06-05-15, 19:04
Sorry to high jack your thread but how do you get picons to show along side the channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pembo
06-05-15, 19:08
press the menu button in that screen and find the picon setting

abu baniaz
06-05-15, 19:13
Why hijack? There is no harm in starting a new thread if a search does not find anything for you.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44523-Picons&p=346339&viewfull=1#post346339

Huevos
06-05-15, 21:35
The current ABM behaviour is probably best for the majority, I guess that's why they have gone that way.Nothing to do with ABM. That is what the broadcaster transmits for that region. If you tried a Sky HD box, Granada is the ITV HD region your box would tune if you inserted a Sky card sent to a Tyne Tees postcode.

lincsat
06-05-15, 23:47
Nothing to do with ABM. That is what the broadcaster transmits for that region. If you tried a Sky HD box, Granada is the ITV HD region your box would tune if you inserted a Sky card sent to a Tyne Tees postcode.

I was referring to the behavior of swapping HD with SD in all groups rather than just main as before.

judge
07-05-15, 00:07
I was referring to the behavior of swapping HD with SD in all groups rather than just main as before.

Most folks wanted swap to work in all bouquets created, hard to please everyone, but current solution should hopefully please them.
You should really look at custom LCN if you really need customised channel lists not provided by the broadcaster. It's a great feature & not used often enough IMO.

ahellary1
10-05-15, 08:40
hi
i have tried custom and it worked for a while but now all im getting is radio on the chanel list no tv at all have trided loads of times pulling my hair out

.... im on the latest hadies and i have a vu+ duo2

thanks

abu baniaz
10-05-15, 09:24
You are in radio mode. Press the TV button.