PDA

View Full Version : freeview sat boxes

pawtuckaway
05-05-15, 18:50
First off i'm American with no experience of freeview sat receivers so excuse me for being a dummy. I own a vacation home with two tv's the first to have a sat receiver had two cables one i thought was for a tv antenna and the other for the sat it worked fine. I have someone hook up another room to be able to use another sat box with only 1 cable but has two sat intakes this works fine and is a better box then the original. I swop boxes the new box works fine hooked up to two cables now but the original box with only one cable attached only gets half the channels and when i move the cable to the othersat 2 intake it gets the other channels. What do i do to get all the channels with just one connection?

pembo
05-05-15, 19:07
Freeview or freesat?
Freeview is over the air, freesat needs a dish?

pawtuckaway
06-05-15, 07:40
Freest. New installation with dish.

Joe_90
06-05-15, 16:09
You need an LNB (the thing on the end of the arm of the satellite dish) with at least two outlets (called a twin) or four (called a quad). Separate cable goes to each receiver. You can't have one cable and two receivers - well you can but then you get the problem you experienced ;)
Each receiver needs independent control of an LNB. It uses different voltages to tell the LNB to select a horizontal or vertical channel and a tone to select high or low band.