PDA

View Full Version : HDD Space issue

craig.gorms
05-05-15, 08:58
I've been receiving messages that time shift is working and having problems saving programs onto HDD this drive as over 500GB free but the messages are saying disk is full and run out of space, I'm confused where does it keep track of the space used?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf
05-05-15, 20:35
How has the hdd been formatted? You normally get these types of problems and messages if the hdd has been formatted to Fat32.

craig.gorms
07-05-15, 08:45
It's EXT4-fs

I've found the following error - user.crit kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): Block reservation details

craig.gorms
07-05-15, 08:47
I mean it's ext3

romdut
07-05-15, 08:58
Has it been mounted, may need to re-mount it

bellejt
07-05-15, 10:16
Do you have also a USB stick in the box ? Then probably HDD is mounted wrong.Blue button - Vix - mount manager.Had to do it also when installing new hades.

craig.gorms
07-05-15, 13:33
Thanks for the advice guys, I have resolved issue with the following method.

1. Unmount /hdd - via the VIX option in the menu (You may have to disable timeshift if you have this enabled, then restart your box)

2. Open a terminal window and connect your box with a ssh session (Run the following commands)

3. tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 (sda1 should be the dev used for /hdd) - You may see Filesystem State: Clean with errors

4. Next run df -h (This will show you the amount of space available, you can use this later to compare after running the fix)

5. Now to repair the file system run the following e2fsck -y /dev/sda1 (The file system will be repaired crossing all fingers and toes)

6. Re-run tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 and again check what is stated for line Filesystem State: Clean success!!

7. Again re-run df -h compare the difference it may only be slight but it is enough to resolve this issue

8. Mount /hdd via VIX option in the menu and turn timeshift back on

9. Restart you box and use as normal

Hope this helps anyone who has the same issue.

Jasonbastow22
12-05-15, 11:50
is it best to format hdd in fat32 or ntfs getting hdd full when rec after 3 hours vu+solo2

Andy_Hazza
12-05-15, 15:36
Neither. Needs to be ext4. Initialise hdd through ViX to format correctly.

bellejt
12-05-15, 16:05
mine is still on EXT3 from beginning of VIX.No problems.

Jasonbastow22
12-05-15, 16:23
thanks all your help

Huevos
12-05-15, 17:12
You need to save the mounts properly in ViX mount manger otherwise on reboot it will just be pot luck which drive gets mounted as HDD.

BLUE, ViX, Mount manager. Then check the configuration is correct and press GREEN to save.