PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Enigma fails to fully start (scant detail)

birdman
05-05-15, 01:30
When I booted after flashing to Hades the box didn't boot back up fully.
So I powered it off and back on and all was OK. (I then ran fsck on the hard-drive).

Tonight I started up the system and again it failed to fully start. I could login to the system, but the GUI had stopped in mid-startup.

Since I fix my Profile.py to display the boot progress on the LCD screen I know that it hung at 30%. This is at the point when the spinning VIX logo changes to be at a smaller size (if that means anything).

There was no log reported, and from what I can remember there was no enigma2 process left running (so the boot image displayed by showiframe was still on screen).

No further details. I'm just reporting the fact in case anyone else sees something similar. If it happens again I'll try to get some more info.

On both occasions the next reboot wnewt OK (as have several others...).

judge
05-05-15, 01:46
Since I fix my Profile.py to display the boot progress on the LCD screen I know that it hung at 30%. This is at the point when the spinning VIX logo changes to be at a smaller size (if that means anything).

There was no log reported, and from what I can remember there was no enigma2 process left running (so the boot image displayed by showiframe was still on screen).

No further details. I'm just reporting the fact in case anyone else sees something similar. If it happens again I'll try to get some more info.

Since you fix issues on your own boxes & provide colourful fonts on some issue reports. It's pretty hard to track any issues down.