PDA

View Full Version : Why not add 'disable background scanning' ?

leecovuk
11-12-10, 20:24
Hello,

I've been curious for a while why it appears that only the PLi images offer 'disable background scanning'.

Is there a reason why ViX, for example, doesn't add such a feature?
Presumably Andy either doesn't know how to, or doesn't see a need for it.

It's a very useful feature for those of us who want to stay in control of our channel lists or keep manual edits of channel names.

Thanks,
Lee
UK

linux geek
14-12-10, 11:57
id second that its the main reason I use pli

silverfox0786
14-12-10, 17:18
id second that its the main reason I use pli

disabling or enabling backround scanning is not a major thing infact auto searching new channels can only be a good thing

andyblac
14-12-10, 17:20
Hello,

I've been curious for a while why it appears that only the PLi images offer 'disable background scanning'.

Is there a reason why ViX, for example, doesn't add such a feature?
Presumably Andy either doesn't know how to, or doesn't see a need for it.

It's a very useful feature for those of us who want to stay in control of our channel lists or keep manual edits of channel names.

Thanks,
Lee
UK

sorry dont know what this is or does, you have to remeber the PLi in not the normal enigma2 they have done major work on there own in it. so you can't assume that w know about such thing

silverfox0786
14-12-10, 17:23
sorry dont know what this is or does, you have to remeber the PLi in not the normal enigma2 they have done major work on there own in it. so you can't assume that w know about such thing

andy background scanning is where the sats scan new frequencies by them selves in the bakground

its actually a good thing for when sly updates frquencies that way they will be in bouquets yellow button new without any messing about

linux geek
14-12-10, 19:00
my main reason for no wanting background scanning is I have an edited channel list with all the xxx channels removed

spent ages doing this only for backgound scanning to put it back in :mad:

another way would be on option in setup to only see favourites bouquets blue button

so unwanted channels under the skin sort of speak in fact I would prefere this one

silverfox0786
14-12-10, 19:03
my main reason for no wanting background scanning is I have an edited channel list with all the xxx channels removed

spent ages doing this only for backgound scanning to put it back in :mad:

another way would be on option in setup to only see favourites bouquets blue button

so unwanted channels under the skin sort of speak in fact I would prefere this one

not having xxx channels in a bouqet wont show them and also you can put parental lock on them for when they are accessed from under the skin of the bouquets

leecovuk
15-12-10, 00:03
Background scanning may be very convenient for most users, but not for me.
:)
This is because I manually edit all the channel names to my taste. My changes get lost due to background scanning.

Unless I'm using a PLi image, I use Dreamset to force 'untouched by SDT' on all TV and Radio channels. This seems to mimic 'disable background scanning' for my purposes.

bob1
15-12-10, 08:50
I can't see the point in arguing about this ,the fact is that people want this ,it isn't too hard for family to get out of the bouquets and stumble upon channels you don't want them watching.
You could always do this with enigma 1, i did what linux geek did and removed all the channels other than the ones in my bouquets ,if the channel moved i just rescanned and put it back in, that doesn't happen that often.