PDA

View Full Version : Cross EPG not working

g.williams
04-05-15, 20:58
Hi, can anybody cast some light on this, my EPG has stopped working. I am running VIX and in info it says version zeus.

If I press the blue button and click on crossepg it looks like it is loading but epg is still blank if I go in the settings and try to update rytec providers it says can not retrieve. I have never updated the firmware on anything do I need to run a new vix version or am I on the right one? any help appreciated.....

cheers :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
04-05-15, 21:13
Would really be helpful for you to say how you are actually uisng cross epg downloader.

Are you downloading from the internet or from the satellite?

The three from the satellite (openTV providers) are: Sky Italia, Sky UK, Aussat

There are two categories of internet types: XEPGDB and XMLTV (Rytec). You can select which providers to download from the internet.

It would greatly help you, if you say what you have set crossepg downloader to do.

g.williams
04-05-15, 21:36
I have gone in configure and can not see if it is set to satellite or internet?

If I check XEPDGB providers there are 4 in there nova English nova greek krkadoni and linuxsat this is after I click update. sounds like I may have a setting wrong. when I installed it I followed the directions below....

1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.

abu baniaz
04-05-15, 22:14
That is a guide, and is fine. The one important thing missing from it is "Ensure that your tuners are configured correctly"

What have you done? If you have followed it, it should work. Where does it fail?

P.S latest image is Hades 05.

g.williams
04-05-15, 22:25
It fails at update rytec providers! it says can not retrieve.

will I get any benefits from installing vix hades 05

Thanks for your help here..

judge
04-05-15, 22:35
will I get any benefits from installing vix hades 05

Yes, updated server locations for Rytec which should fix your issue, along with many other things.

abu baniaz
04-05-15, 22:36
You have not followed the instructions you posted. It is failing to download rytec prviders from the internet. They had a server change. The fix for the rytec server is in Hades image.

Can I post an amended set of instructions? Please follow them to the letter.

1. Make sure your receiver's tuners are configured correctly. If you tell receiver that there is a satellute cable to a tuner and there is not, you will have issues.
2. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
3. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK abd set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
4. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. You will open up in configure screen on first use. Press OK and exit to previous screen.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues.
For UK (28.2) we will be downloading the data from the satellite tarnsponder. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
10. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
11. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.

g.williams
04-05-15, 22:41
ok great I just had a quick look for the hades image but can not see it. do you know where to find it. looks like that's the issue. I will then follow your instructions...

many thanks for your support...

judge
04-05-15, 22:45
ok great I just had a quick look for the hades image but can not see it. do you know where to find it.

All current ViX builds are available on http://openvix.co.uk

g.williams
04-05-15, 23:54
All sorted perfect advice.... CHEERS :thumbsup:

judge
05-05-15, 00:02
All sorted perfect advice.... CHEERS :thumbsup:
Glad you're sorted. Abu provides great support. Stay up-to date, follow his instructions & most issues can be sorted.

guernseyshire
15-11-15, 00:16
This thread got my cross-epg working again. great support :thumbsup: