Hades v004 - no settings restore.

In the movie list, Menu, 'Add Bookmark', I get this dialog:

------------------------------
/media/hdd/movie/

Do you really want to remove your bookmark of
/media/hdd/movie/?

Yes/No
------------------------------

I have always had this, in all VIX versions, and have been adding new folder via the Network and then bookmarking via 'Location' dialog. I had hoped the new Hades would have perhaps fixed this - is it a 'bug'? Shouldn't the above Add Bookmark let me do just that instead of having to go via the Network etc?

birdman
03-05-15, 21:14
Shouldn't the above Add Bookmark let me do just that instead of having to go via the Network etc?The problem (bug) is that "Add Bookmark" will remove a bookmark if the location is already set as one.
So if you see this message it means that you already have a bookmark set for it, so just back out of the deletion.

abu baniaz
03-05-15, 21:16
That ends the bookmarking operation rather than stop the deletion process.

leshay
03-05-15, 21:36
Hi
Sorry, but I don't understand. At what point does the Add Bookmark actually allow the user to add a bookmark? If you are in the movie list (as that is where the Add Bookmark option is available) then, in my case, regardless of where the cursor is on the list, I always get the dialog as per my first post. Am I missing something here, but as far as I can tell, it never does allow the user to actually add a new bookmark.
Can anyone show the steps, which include that menu option, that does add a bookmark?

abu baniaz
03-05-15, 21:50
A bug report has been raised.

Another way of doing it....
While in movielist..
Location (yellow), Select other, press menu, Switch to file list. You can then navigate and find folder, then add bookmark

A bit long winded but also works.

Thanks for reporting. It will be looked at.

leshay
03-05-15, 22:06
A bug report has been raised.

Another way of doing it....
While in movielist..
Location (yellow), Select other, press menu, Switch to file list. You can then navigate and find folder, then add bookmark

A bit long winded but also works.

Thanks for reporting. It will be looked at.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I did already know, and use what you suggest, along with a Network job to create the new folder for the bookmarking.

birdman
04-05-15, 00:08
Hi
Sorry, but I don't understand. At what point does the Add Bookmark actually allow the user to add a bookmark? If you are in the movie list (as that is where the Add Bookmark option is available) then, in my case, regardless of where the cursor is on the list, I always get the dialog as per my first post. Am I missing something here,Yes.
You have to be IN the directory(folder) you wish to add as a bookmark - what is highlighted is irrelevant.

abu baniaz
20-08-15, 17:40
Apparently this is not a bug. You are allowed to delete the following bookmark too.