PDA

View Full Version : User experiences?

robsunited
03-05-15, 10:17
Hi folks. I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the overall picture and sound quality on these boxes and if they differ between images? I have Vix, ATV, and 4D to choose from to be pre-loaded on my SE and have been thinking on any difference regarding picture and sound quality they may have?

Any thoughts appreciated as always.

Andy_Hazza
03-05-15, 10:41
OpenViX is the best image out by a country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goosegog
03-05-15, 11:02
Picture quality and sound should be the same between images you choose,personaly i would choose vix image to be pre-loaded for you,read up on tutorials on the forum and once your comfortable flashing your nano try the other images and see what suits you.

abu baniaz
03-05-15, 11:12
Try the images and decide for yourself. You will then see the differences/benefits of each.

robsunited
03-05-15, 13:34
Thanks a lot guys.

So much reading and research to do. Seeing as I can always flash different images when I feel up to it I'll take the advice handed out here by you kind folks and get openvix pre-loaded initially. Now to take that leap and actually make the purchase. I just want to have my research all done first. :thumbsup:

kegnkiwi
03-05-15, 13:38
I personally always fine the audio to ever so slightly out on the vix images and it a major bug bear with me. I use 4D images but others will say that openatv are the best. Infact I have some spare time later and I will try the latest vix image and see if I can get an image to install where I am happy with the audio. Oh and I have found you have to restart you cams after each reboot of the box on vix images.

goosegog
03-05-15, 14:03
I personally always fine the audio to ever so slightly out on the vix images and it a major bug bear with me. I use 4D images but others will say that openatv are the best. Infact I have some spare time later and I will try the latest vix image and see if I can get an image to install where I am happy with the audio. Oh and I have found you have to restart you cams after each reboot of the box on vix images.

Might try opentv later,think you might of been unlucky with audio issues on vix tho ive never had an audio problem or cam problem,try downloading cam from the downloads in image,did you have the auto start ticked in cam setup?

Sicilian
03-05-15, 14:05

I've run numerous boxes including Technomate boxes, with and without amp, never comes accross since audio sync issue.

kegnkiwi
03-05-15, 15:31
I have had this issue a long time and it has happened on both a tm-twin and nano-se it is very slight but annoying to me. I've run the box's direct to tv then use ARC to amp, and no issue with other images but this is not my thread and not a gripe at vix as I know many many people swear by images and you boys do a great job supporting tm.

Walt
03-05-15, 15:37
I have had this issue a long time and it has happened on both a tm-twin and nano-se it is very slight but annoying to me. I've run the box's direct to tv then use ARC to amp, and no issue with other images but this is not my thread and not a gripe at vix as I know many many people swear by images and you boys do a great job supporting tm.

That's why. Always take the receiver directly to the amp. If the picture is going to the tv then sound having to travel extra distance then of course the sound will come out after the picture.

kegnkiwi
03-05-15, 16:44
Walt, blue ray, sat boxs, sky hd all wired the same way to hide the cable all working fine and same set up for years now issue. Other images on same box's all fine but lag on vix not going to change my set up as it works fine.

robsunited
03-05-15, 17:01
Very interesting reading the varying opinions today. It would seem there are arguments for and against all images / set ups etc. One consolation in all this is the ability to change images and play around with them to get the one that fits each individuals needs. I've been reading the Vix manual today to get a feel for things so would probably start from there anyway. Are there user manuals floating around for the other images? I can't seem to locate any myself unfortunately. Thanks to everyone so far for your very useful insight.

Huevos
03-05-15, 17:25
As all these images use the same closed source drivers how can it be possble there are lip sync differences between them?

kegnkiwi
03-05-15, 17:49
As all these images use the same closed source drivers how can it be possble there are lip sync differences between them?

Why do vix images have different bootloaders to other images.

abu baniaz
03-05-15, 17:56
The latest TM bootloaders are cross platform.