PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Bad size on tv screen's display - Hades 04

viking75
03-05-15, 10:17
Hello,

First sorry, as my native language is not english, i hope you will understand the problems.

My tv screen using 1920*1080 50hz - 1080p

When waking up from "deep standby" ( or switching on the power if off), the picture displayed on screen doesnt have the right size. it is a little bit smaller that the screen , a white strip ( about one inch) on all the screen's side.

==> black screen, then tv popup stating ( 1280*720 60hz), still black screen, then Hades picture, tv popup stating (1920*1080 50hz), then the picture with the bug

The only way to correct temporaly the bug (having the full sized picture) is to restart the GUI.

Bug happening when using Skin YouVix green or Vix Night HD .

Bug happening using a fresh install of Hades 004 with or without plugins.

I have made screenshots (as stated in another post, using http://192.168.x.xx/grab?format=jpg&mode=osd & http://192.168.x.xx/grab?format=jpg) but unfortunatly it doesnt show the bug.

If you need more details, please ask me.

Regards, Vik

duoduo
03-05-15, 10:24
I can't help with why you are having the issue but if you go to user interface, position setup you can change things in here to suit.

viking75
03-05-15, 12:07
I can't help with why you are having the issue but if you go to user interface, position setup you can change things in here to suit.

Thanks for your reply but it is not an interface problem. the interface, itself, is "impacted" as it shinks too.

I have made two pics with my smartphone (sorry for the quality) but you can see the problem.

Btw, all HDMI ports tried and as you guess, same problem.

Cheers

bbbuk
03-05-15, 12:12
Is this bug just on Hades 004 (ie is it okay on previous apollo builds)?

viking75
03-05-15, 12:17
Is this bug just on Hades 004 (ie is it okay on previous apollo builds)?

Just on Hades 004, previous Apollo builds were ok.

For me, it is just an " annoying cosmetic" bug as the GUI restart resolves the problem and if broadcast is recorded with this bug, the file is not impacted.

Cheers

bbbuk
03-05-15, 12:30
Could you try different A/V settings on your Solo SE, like 720p multi (instead of either 50hz or 60hz then reboot box and try that

viking75
03-05-15, 13:01
Could you try different A/V settings on your Solo SE, like 720p multi (instead of either 50hz or 60hz then reboot box and try that

Tests done with all A/V settings (from 480 to 1080, multi when possible and 50,60hz), same results: bug is active under all tests.
The GUI restart, in any resolutions, makes the bug vanished

bbbuk
03-05-15, 13:12
If you felt up to it, could you backup your image and flash with openatv 5.0 preview (latest build dates) and see if problem is apparent on that.

If it is, then my guess would be it's bug with new OE-A core but if it only happens on Vix Hades and not opena.tv 5 then my guess would be it's bug in Hades.

viking75
03-05-15, 13:22
If you can give me a link where to find this image, yes, i may be able to do that this afternoon.

Cheers

Sicilian
03-05-15, 13:26
Whats the AV settings on your TV? Is over scan turned off?

viking75
03-05-15, 15:55
Whats the AV settings on your TV? Is over scan turned off?

Automatic - No overscan

But i think i have found the tricky part (thanks to Lgleave22's answer).

the following thing is happening on a fresh Hades 004 install & my image backup ( Hades 004 & Plugins).

In Setup > User Interface > Position setup: the initial numbers are 255-0-720-576.
If i change any numbers in the rows to position the interface, the bug will be there at the next reboot.
Back to the defaults, no bug.

the size picture can be made to the good size (while keeping the interface position and without using the GUI restart) with going Setup > User interface > Position setup then (without changing anythin), back without saving (for sure, i didnt change something this time :D ).

Thanks again to Lgleave for the idea & to bbbuk for answering, and to the Vix team for your big efforts.

bbbuk
04-05-15, 21:44
If you can give me a link where to find this image, yes, i may be able to do that this afternoon.

Cheers
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=vusolose

Trial
05-05-15, 07:43
Hi,
if changes are necessary to position setup = overscan on TV is active or you have HD ready only TV

After you made changes to the position values did you restartr the box or the gui through the menu?

ciao

viking75
08-05-15, 19:06
Hi,
if changes are necessary to position setup = overscan on TV is active or you have HD ready only TV

After you made changes to the position values did you restartr the box or the gui through the menu?

ciao

Since two years i got this tv, I never seen any clues about "Overscan" stated in the TV menu, just 16:9 auto (which is greyed), 16:9 (mode where i am); 4:3 and one about strecth - It is a Samsung LCD Full HD 1080p.

Double yes for the restart of the box and the gui restart.

I am now on Hades 005, this "bug" is still there, it is not annoying at all but in case, someone may have the same problem and may find a thread.

Last thing, On Apollo builds, i was able to move as i wanted the position values without having a problem , and with the same setup on the tv options (as i am using at this moment for Hades builds)

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=vusolose

Thanks for the link ;) , i gave a brief test, i cant replicate the "bug". Back to Openvix (so much better).

Andy_Hazza
08-05-15, 19:31
On samsung tv's is called Just Scan in display settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbbuk
08-05-15, 20:26
Thanks for the link ;) , i gave a brief test, i cant replicate the "bug". Back to Openvix (so much better).I agree openvix is better than openatv but it was to test whether your bug is related to the new oe-a core which both images share.

Anyone else with a solo se have this problem?

Is your box connected via HDMI directly to your TV as I remember another forum member had weird things on their TV and problem in end was their setup as they looped HDMI via their A/V system before going to TV.

duoduo
08-05-15, 21:49
On samsung tv's is called Just Scan in display settings.

To be honest I have never seen this option either, looked plenty of times each time it comes up on the forum.

Trial
09-05-15, 07:57
Hi,
I also have several Samsung and always 16:9 meant Overscan is active. In German the option is called Bildanpassung if you do not want overscan. Not all inputs have this option. Do you use HDMI?

ciao

duoduo
09-05-15, 10:56
Yes I use hdmi and 16:9

Trial
09-05-15, 18:24
Hi,
as said 16:9 is wrong for all (?) Samsung as it uses overscan.

ciao

bbbuk
09-05-15, 21:20
I have Samsung led TV and don't have a issue like OP has once I setup screen position during initial installation wizard on my solo 2.

APPLIANCE
10-05-15, 09:19
I too setup screen position using Hades initial installation wizard on my VU+ SoloSE and have no picture issues on my 1080p Panasonic Plasma TV

Andy_Hazza
10-05-15, 09:24
Using the screen position settings is the last thing you should use in my opinion. You just need to turn your "overscan" feature off on your tv. I have a panasonic plasma 3d tv and this has an overscan feature, by turning this off corrects the oversized screen. My tv is 5 years old and has this feature.

judge
10-05-15, 09:39
If you need to adjust screen size/set-up on installing your image, overscan is enabled on your TV.

duoduo
17-05-15, 21:10
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on overscan for Samsung TV's. I said previously that there is no option on my TV to turn over scan off which there isn't but today something quite bloody obvious came to me. On your remote press p.size button until you get too screen fit and viola issue sorted and skin will fit the screen perfectly. Can't believe its taken me the best part 3 years to realise, what a prat lol...

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 21:12
lol. [emoji87]At least you sorted it........... In the end!!

s1m0nw
17-05-15, 22:14
Lol. I was reading through this thread thinking has no one noticed the p size button on their remotes lol. Good you got it sorted.

For those with samsung tellys press p size button on remote and navigate to screen fit.

bbbuk
17-05-15, 22:58
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on overscan for Samsung TV's. I said previously that there is no option on my TV to turn over scan off which there isn't but today something quite bloody obvious came to me. On your remote press p.size button until you get too screen fit and viola issue sorted and skin will fit the screen perfectly. Can't believe its taken me the best part 3 years to realise, what a prat lol...Me too.

I looked through all menus but didn't think of somewhere obvious like remote :)