PDA

View Full Version : Remote control

dave798
02-05-15, 23:08
does anybody else's down button on the remote need very hard pressing to use the down command? just wondered if this was a common fault or if I should be looking for a replacement remote.
many thanks for all/any who answer

nsw9154
02-05-15, 23:58
I had the exact same thing happen to my Duo2 remote every other button was fine but the down button started sticking, so i eventually got fed up and bought a new one but thought i would try the Solo2's remote instead and every thing is now fine until i need to re-flash the Duo2 and then the Solo2's remote will not work until i change the remote control config in vix :eek: so i had to refit the battery's into the old remote just so that i could do the initial set up, so i would get the Duo2 replacement remote

potterson
03-05-15, 11:22
I have the same experience with my Duo 2 Remote.:cool:

lynd145
05-05-15, 13:28
mine is exactly the same but my universal remote works fine as any one been in touch with vu to see if there was a bad batch or is it just normal for these on a duo 2

timofee
05-05-15, 13:39
It is a common problem with the VU+ remote controls. They don't seem to last very long compared with TV and Ѕky remote controls.

Andy_Hazza
05-05-15, 13:48
My Vu+ remotes are all good and working fine, depends how they are being man handled!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
05-05-15, 13:53
It is a common problem with the VU+ remote controls. They don't seem to last very long compared with TV and Ѕky remote controls.
Nothing common about it. All VU remote controls working fine here years later.

dave798
05-05-15, 13:54
mine has never taken any excessive abuse and all commands work fine except for the down button on the D-Pad sounds like maybe a dodgy batch for the early adopters of the Duo 2 because I have had my box since launch might throw an email at VU at the weekend maybe direct them to this thread if there are more users with the same problem

Mario346
06-05-15, 15:33
sounds familiar you same as mine only had the box since march and you have really press hard on the down or up button for it to move same as the numbers have to press really hard

jackpot18uk
07-05-15, 19:48
The OK button has gone on mine, nearly have to jump on it to get it to work. Had to order a new one.

s2tephen
07-05-15, 19:59
I brought an extra one for my wife and they both have a problem with the buttons sticking and her's is not (man handled) as you put it .

Walt
07-05-15, 21:53
The tiniest amount of coke/coffee etc spilled on it and buttons start clicking. My Mrs is a pain in the arse for it.

s2tephen
07-05-15, 22:13
What I see from reading about this remote on various forums I seems to be a design or manufacturing fault and should be readdressed. And if yours is working ok then your lucky.