PDA

View Full Version : Where to get channel list and EPG

gh421
02-05-15, 20:11
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased an ET8000 from WOS and previously had a Skybox F5s

Where can I get a channel list from for Sky channels UK? Also can you point me in the direction of the 7 day EPG?

I've looked on the search tab but it's all very confusing.

Thanks

pac2000
02-05-15, 20:32
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

That Should Get You Sorted...

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 20:50
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased an ET8000 from WOS and previously had a Skybox F5s

Where can I get a channel list from for Sky channels UK? Also can you point me in the direction of the 7 day EPG?

I've looked on the search tab but it's all very confusing.

Thanks

Use ABM to generate your channel list. Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker and in configure do an expert mode, set a daily schedule for say 4:00am, set include "not indexed channels" to YES then green button to save, then set your providers up, if using Sky UK, use the Custom Region one. I personally have "fta only" set to NO, "main bouquet" set to NO, "section bouquets" set to YES, "hd bouquet, fta bouquet and fta hd bouquet" set to NO, "swap channels" set to YES and leave "rescan every time" as YES, then green button to save. Then go into Hide Sections and press ok on the ones you want to hide, do tick the "not indexed" section one if not any of the others, entirely up to you what you want to hide and green button to save and then START SCAN. Thats your channel list sorted. But note this is my preference setup, you may want to tweak it but this is how I like it. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duoduo
02-05-15, 20:58
Andy has really spoon fed u there so you owe him a big thanks.. Do yourself a favour use the search facility also, massive amounts of information available to u.

gh421
02-05-15, 23:09
Thanks guys, I followed Andy's guide but when I hit the EPG button I can see the channel list but no programme list. When I do try and select a channel (i.e BBC1) I am getting tune failed when trying to select a channel.

abu baniaz
02-05-15, 23:12
EPG and cahnenl list are two differnt things. Can we look at chanenl list only for now please. On Vix, you can always call up your bouquets with the TV button.

1. Did you have another channel list before running ABM?
2. How many tuners does you recievr have?
3. Do the tuners all have wires from the satellite dish?
4. What kind of dish do you have?

gh421
02-05-15, 23:19
EPG and cahnenl list are two differnt things. Can we look at chanenl list only for now please. On Vix, you can always call up your bouquets with the TV button.

1. Did you have another channel list before running ABM?
2. How many tuners does you recievr have?
3. Do the tuners all have wires from the satellite dish?
4. What kind of dish do you have?

1. No I just bought an ET8000 which was delivered yesterday and trying to set it up.
2. Two - My Skybox F5S picks these up fine and can watch TV
3. Yes
4. A usual Sky Dish with Quad LNB

abu baniaz
02-05-15, 23:22
Disable one tuner at a time and test cahnel again. To disable it set it as " not configured"

Also check the f-plugs to make sure that they have not worked loose.

gh421
02-05-15, 23:29
Disable one tuner at a time and test cahnel again. To disable it set it as " not configured"

Also check the f-plugs to make sure that they have not worked loose.

Working great now, I hadn't plugged one of the F plugs in correctly.
Thank you!