PDA

View Full Version : Remote timer plugin

BadBlake
02-05-15, 11:22
Can somebody tell me how to set up the remote timer plugin?
I have installed rcsc on my client box (VuZero) and I want to record on to my server box (VuUno)
I have also mounted the hdd on my Uno so that I can stream previously recorded movies to my Zero. This all works well except for the remote timer plugin.
When I start a remote timer recording from my Zero, it displays this message: "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" "
On my Uno in Menu/timers/timers/timers overview, I see a yellow exclamation mark followed by st failed.
I have included a screen shot of my remote timer setup

BadBlake
20-10-15, 17:13
So nobody on this forum know how to use the Remote timer plugin, and probably nobody even knows it came from or what it is for either......
Am I correct in this assumption?

Larry-G
20-10-15, 17:20
So nobody on this forum know how to use the Remote timer plugin, and probably nobody even knows it came from or what it is for either......
Am I correct in this assumption?

No no your not correct in that assumption and making posts like this will most certainly end up in people ignoring you rather than pitching in and providing help. Personally I don't use either plugins but have you as instructed tried setting the timer up from within the web interface ?.

BadBlake
20-10-15, 17:34
Sorry for my last post regarding this, but I only assumed that nobody here really knew anything about it since I never received a reply to my question.
Can you tell me how to set this up in the webinteface? I am a newbie so any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated. :)

Larry-G
20-10-15, 17:53
Sorry but I'm currently not near a receiver to check but it should be pretty self explanatory once you login to the web interface.

BadBlake
20-10-15, 18:13
No no your not correct in that assumption and making posts like this will most certainly end up in people ignoring you rather than pitching in and providing help. Personally I don't use either plugins but have you as instructed tried setting the timer up from within the web interface ?.

Ok, would this be the webinterface on my clientbox or server box?

Larry-G
20-10-15, 18:20
The error message you posted said remote box so I would assume that to be the client box.

BadBlake
20-10-15, 18:33
The error message you posted said remote box so I would assume that to be the client box.

Ok, thanks! I'll take a whack at it again. I may need some more help with this, but I won't bother you anymore tonight. Thanks again..

Larry-G
20-10-15, 18:38
Ok, thanks! I'll take a whack at it again. I may need some more help with this, but I won't bother you anymore tonight. Thanks again..

Thats what the forum is here for, if you need help post. But it's not a plugin I personally use so I am of little help on the subject.

Rob van der Does
21-10-15, 05:46
Can somebody tell me how to set up the remote timer plugin?
I have installed rcsc on my client box (VuZero) and I want to record on to my server box (VuUno)
I have also mounted the hdd on my Uno so that I can stream previously recorded movies to my Zero. This all works well except for the remote timer plugin.
When I start a remote timer recording from my Zero, it displays this message: "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" "
On my Uno in Menu/timers/timers/timers overview, I see a yellow exclamation mark followed by st failed.
I have included a screen shot of my remote timer setup
I'm not sure what the actual issue is.
When you open the plugin: do you see the timers of the server box?
When you add a remote timer (so the timer is made via the client and set on the server) you should indeed see the text "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" " as a confirmation that the timer has been set.

I do this all the time and it works well. I can't see from here what the reason might be for the timer to have failed.

BadBlake
22-10-15, 00:36
I'm not sure what the actual issue is.
When you open the plugin: do you see the timers of the server box?
When you add a remote timer (so the timer is made via the client and set on the server) you should indeed see the text "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" " as a confirmation that the timer has been set.

I do this all the time and it works well. I can't see from here what the reason might be for the timer to have failed.

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I can see the timers from the server box.
When I try to add a timer -this message appears "Set timer on remote receiver via Webif: The parameter "name" can't be empty"
This I don't understand...

Maybe you can walk me through the installation of this plugin? I mean -after downloading the plugin -what you edited and so on to get it working? I would be very grateful. :)
If you can -you can start after the plugin has been installed

Rob van der Does
22-10-15, 02:13
After installing the remote timer plugin you only have to set the IP, port, user/pass of the server:

Not sure if this will work without a password; I never tried that.
The hostname isn't required: it's only for yourself to remember which box you added.
Make sure to have set 'remote timer-default = yes'.

This is all that is required.

BadBlake
22-10-15, 22:19
After installing the remote timer plugin you only have to set the IP, port, user/pass of the server:

Not sure if this will work without a password; I never tried that.
The hostname isn't required: it's only for yourself to remember which box you added.
Make sure to have set 'remote timer-default = yes'.

This is all that is required.

I thought I had it working -I added a couple of timers and I could see them on my server box. A little later on I saw that the timers read "finished". I assumed the recording was successful, but there was nothing on the harddisk on my server.
Also when I open the plugin with the blue button -it say "fetching remote data..." -but nothing is fetched.
Under settings for the plugin (green button on remote) everything was entered automatically. I didn't edit anything. I have the same info there as you do (in your screeshot)except for the hostname, which is Vuuno.
I was wondering about that last line in the configuration -the one that says "Remote timer -remotedir. Wha's it for?
Also I'm wondering if the server box is trying to record on to the client box. My client box (Vu Zero) does not have a hdd -only a usb stick.
Any ideas?
By the way, when I add a new remote timer -the location for the recording reads /media/hdd/movie.
but all my movies on my server has this location (read from my Zero) media/autofs/VUUUNO/movie.
Could this be the problem? That I have to change this location?
If so, how do I change it? I tried doing it in setup/system/recording and playback settings -but I was unable to change anything regarding default movie location or timer recording location.

Rob van der Does
23-10-15, 03:29
Under settings for the plugin (green button on remote) everything was entered automatically. I didn't edit anything. I have the same info there as you do (in your screeshot)except for the hostname, which is Vuuno.
Well, nothing goes in there by itself: you have entered the IP-address (and the box remembers it).
As I said: the hostname is of no importance; it's only a reminder for yourself and I never use it.

By the way, when I add a new remote timer -the location for the recording reads /media/hdd/movie.
but all my movies on my server has this location (read from my Zero) media/autofs/VUUUNO/movie.
Could this be the problem? That I have to change this location?

Seems perfectly fine.

BadBlake
23-10-15, 13:40
Well, nothing goes in there by itself: you have entered the IP-address (and the box remembers it).
As I said: the hostname is of no importance; it's only a reminder for yourself and I never use it.

Seems perfectly fine.

I know now what's wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. Today I set a timer to record a TV show from 1430 until 1435 -just to test it. I then went to my server box and checked the timer. It read start 1430 and end 1435.
The timer failed again. I looked at the same timer after it had failed on my server box, and now the start time read 1430 and END TIME 1429!!
The end time was somehow changed!
No wonder the timer fails, but what can I do about it -how to fix this problem??

Rob van der Does
23-10-15, 13:54
It happens more often that after a timer fails, the times have been changed. That's caaused by the fail, not causing the fail.

How did you add the timers exactly from the clientbox? I suggest to open the EPG, use 'add timer' (green), make sure that the first line is set to 'remote', and click on OK to save. Then look at Remote Timers to see what got into the server.

BadBlake
23-10-15, 19:03
I added the timer via the epg on my client box. I tried adding a new timer and this time the error on the server read: write error -disk full?
I ave a 750GB hd and I have 84% free space, sso that's not the case either. I have included a couple of screeshots, so you can see my configuration and how I added the timer.453504535145352

wallnut
23-10-15, 20:24
I've just had the same : write error - disk full? when a recording was due to start.

When I checked Menu > Information > Devices
It turned out that my hard drive had somehow become unmounted. (I have no idea how/why this happened). :confused:

Maybe this could be your problem?

Rob van der Does
23-10-15, 21:02
I added the timer via the epg on my client box. I tried adding a new timer and this time the error on the server read: write error -disk full?

Look at your screenshot: the location is the local HDD (so the HDD of the client). As that box has no HDD (if I remember well), this must be either flash or an USB-stick.
Make sure that location is the HDD of the server.

BadBlake
24-10-15, 11:21
Look at your screenshot: the location is the local HDD (so the HDD of the client). As that box has no HDD (if I remember well), this must be either flash or an USB-stick.
Make sure that location is the HDD of the server.

But I am not recording from my client. I'm sending that request to my server to record it for me. Isn't this the way it works -with the remote timer?

Rob van der Does
24-10-15, 15:48
Once you've set the timer, please go to the server box and open that timer: you'll see 'none' as location. Hence a recording will not be made.

dfdream
24-10-15, 17:17
Something must have changed recently.
I used this all the time for 2 boxes I don't have spare tuners in to tell my main box to record.
Would be nice if this cold be solved.

Once you've set the timer, please go to the server box and open that timer: you'll see 'none' as location. Hence a recording will not be made.

BadBlake
24-10-15, 17:31

That's right -the recording location on my server was "none".
I tried to change the location on my Zero (client) but it says "invalid location" when I try to change it, even thogh my hd on my server is mounted on my Zero.4536045361

Rob van der Does
24-10-15, 17:58
Looks like a bug. I'll try to look into this.

BadBlake
24-10-15, 18:19
Looks like a bug. I'll try to look into this.

Thank you very much sir and I await your answer!:p

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 09:34
I confirm this is a bug in ViX; it used to work fine, and in PLi it still does.
I filed a bug report; nothing I can do to fix this myself.

BadBlake
25-10-15, 11:36
I confirm this is a bug in ViX; it used to work fine, and in PLi it still does.
I filed a bug report; nothing I can do to fix this myself.

OK, that's that then I guess.
Which version of VIX does it work on? I'm still running Apollo build 163 -haven't really thought about upgrading -until now.
Are you running VIX or PLI? Which one of these do you recomend using?

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 11:53
OK, that's that then I guess.
Which version of VIX does it work on? I'm still running Apollo build 163 -haven't really thought about upgrading -until now.
Are you running VIX or PLI? Which one of these do you recomend using?
No idea. Does it still work on Apollo 163?
I mainly use ViX, but also other images (mainly for testing and comparing).

BadBlake
25-10-15, 12:36
As I mentioned in my last post, I am using Apollo 163. It is within this version I can't get the remote timer working. Does PLI have the same functionality as VIX -plugins and such?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 12:41
Difficult to give a good answer. Although ViX is based on PLi it has diverted quite a lot from it. Only way is to try it.

BadBlake
25-10-15, 13:42
Difficult to give a good answer. Although ViX is based on PLi it has diverted quite a lot from it. Only way is to try it.

Just one more thing -which version of VIX are you running? I was just thinking....if you tried to change the recording location on your version, and you found out it was a bug within VIX ;there is no reason for me to upgrade to your version at least.
And thank you so much for all your help regarding this problem. :)

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 13:47
I'm on ViX 3.2-015.
I have tried changing the location when setting up the timer (so using the client box) but that didn't work.
What does work, is changing the location on the server box, by editing the timer manually. But you need to be able to control the server (either via the GUI or the WEB-IF).

BadBlake
25-10-15, 17:43
What's the latest PLI version (stable)? I would like to try it and see what it's like. Maybe on the next VIX version this bug may be corrected.?

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 17:49
Just use today's PLi.

BadBlake
25-10-15, 23:16
Just use today's PLi.

I just downloaded the latest version of PLI and it seems that I cannot change recording locations there either. I got the same "Invalid location" message.
Might as well forget the remote timer....

BadBlake
25-10-15, 23:36
I just downloaded the latest version of PLI and it seems that I cannot change recording locations there either. I got the same "Invalid location" message.
Might as well forget the remote timer....

I figured it out...finally! This is the way I got it to work: When mounting the hdd from the server to the client, I mounted it as hdd replacement. Changing the recording location (which did not work in VIX or PLI) is not necessary.
Works perfectly now.

Rob van der Does
26-10-15, 05:49
Hmm, doesn't work here....

BadBlake
26-10-15, 11:26
Hmm, doesn't work here....

As of right now, I've only tried this on the PLI.

Rob van der Does
26-10-15, 11:34
Ah, yes, but on PLi it already worked (as I think I reported).

BadBlake
26-10-15, 15:05
Yes, but changing the recording location does not work in PLI either. I had to mount server hdd as "hdd replacement ".

Rob van der Does
26-10-15, 15:12
Yes, but changing the recording location does not work in PLI either. I had to mount server hdd as "hdd replacement ".
Changing the recording location works in PLi as well as in ViX. But related to this problem it doesn't give the desired result.
And under PLi I didn't have to mount the server as 'HDD-replacement' to get setting a remote timer to work.

BadBlake
26-10-15, 16:15
Ok. I see. Well it didn't work for me in VIX -as you could see by one of the screenshots I previously. Well, enough said. I got it working.

Rob van der Does
26-10-15, 16:19
I don't and didn't have it working in ViX either.

realdannys
13-11-15, 02:44
Any update to this guys? Cant get any remote recordung working from client box due to the blank location.

realdannys
16-11-15, 00:03
Hello? :confused::confused:

Rob van der Does
11-04-16, 14:36
I tested this in ViX 4.1 (to be released soon) and it seems to be fixed.
Sorry for the late response :(

abu baniaz
11-11-18, 12:33
Where on Git is this plugin please?

dsayers
11-11-18, 12:55
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/remotetimer

abu baniaz
11-11-18, 13:13
Thanks.

Does anyone recall the virtual keyboard ever working on this?