PDA

View Full Version : Blind scan for vix

jonah444
01-05-15, 23:18
Hi.

i maybe out of luck, reading on most of the threads, but it there a new update, driver or plug in that provide the functionality of Blind Scan.

I am running Vix version 3.0.

Cheers for your help.

ronand
02-05-15, 00:56
It is hardware dependant and the Duo does not have the capability.

jonah444
02-05-15, 23:00
It is hardware dependant and the Duo does not have the capability.

Thanks ronand, worth asking perhaps acnage of box is necessary, any recommendations.

ronand
02-05-15, 23:09
The Uno and Ultimo both have blind scan but are no longer available. AFAIK the Duo 2 uses the same tuner modules so should support it but I would wait on confirmation from others that this is the case.

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 03:09
DUO2 & Solo2 have blindscan.
The Solo2 does the most thorough job (albeit it takes some time): the box finds virtually all transponders.

Walt
03-05-15, 03:29
DUO2 & Solo2 have blindscan.
The Solo2 does the most thorough job (albeit it takes some time): the box finds virtually all transponders.

You'd expect the DuoČ to be as good as, if not better than the lower model?

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 03:55
Expectations and reality can be quite different :)

Walt
03-05-15, 06:06
Expectations and reality can be quite different :)
Fair comment. Could you explain why that could be the case when the duo has superior hardware and the same software?

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 07:40
I can only think of two reasons: hardware @ drivers (+ blindscan utils).

In my experience the UNO, Ultimo & DUO2 get the same results on blindscanning. In itself that would make sense, as they have the same tuners and hence (probably) also the same code in drivers en utils.
The Solo2 has completely different (on board) tuners, so that might be the first reason for differences.
It took VU (in cooperation with Broadcom) quite a long time (IIRC over a year) to get blindscan working at all. That might account for better drivers/utils.

But: that's all guesswork from my side; the only thing I do know for a fact is that the Solo2 does a far better blindscan job than it's family members.

Walt
03-05-15, 13:08
I can only think of two reasons: hardware @ drivers (+ blindscan utils).

In my experience the UNO, Ultimo & DUO2 get the same results on blindscanning. In itself that would make sense, as they have the same tuners and hence (probably) also the same code in drivers en utils.
The Solo2 has completely different (on board) tuners, so that might be the first reason for differences.
It took VU (in cooperation with Broadcom) quite a long time (IIRC over a year) to get blindscan working at all. That might account for better drivers/utils.

But: that's all guesswork from my side; the only thing I do know for a fact is that the Solo2 does a far better blindscan job than it's family members.
Thanks for detailed explanation.

Huevos
03-05-15, 18:13
Compared to Solo SE, Uno, Ultimo, Duo2, the Solo2 has far superior blind scan but takes a lot longer. That is the trade off. Also the second tuner of the twin tuner cards never finds anything.