PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Many channels not displaying.

kishan333
01-05-15, 18:21
hi guys, have a problem for last couple of weeks. All sly Channels including FTA channels, except a few asian channels (star plus), are not showing anything. I have no idea what to do. No movies, sports etc.
Appreciate all help. Thanks.

kishan333
01-05-15, 19:37
Try useing an updated sat.xml

HI thanks for your reply i have no idea what that is and how to do it?

Huevos
01-05-15, 20:00
Can you receive BBC1/ITV1?

Larry-G
01-05-15, 20:25
The satellites.xml is auto updated with the image from our own servers at www.satellites-xml.org so its not likely your going to need to update that unless your on a old image.

kishan333
02-05-15, 11:28
Can you receive BBC1/ITV1?

hi, i am not recieving bbc 1 or itv

kishan333
02-05-15, 11:29
The satellites.xml is auto updated with the image from our own servers at www.satellites-xml.org so its not likely your going to need to update that unless your on a old image.

i believe that i am on apollo 008. Is there a step-by-step guide on solving this problem?

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 11:36
i believe that i am on apollo 008. Is there a step-by-step guide on solving this problem?

You are best reflshing your box with the new ViX Hades image which was released yesterday.

kishan333
02-05-15, 11:44
You are best reflshing your box with the new ViX Hades image which was released yesterday.

hi, thanks for your reply how do i do this, is there a guide to help. would this get rid of my settings and layout e.g. i have a sly type layout (blue hd). cause im not sure to do when setting up new image.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 11:47
Yeah you would have to setup as new as you are on a very old build anyhow. Guides and images can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 11:48
Blue HD can be found in the plugin feeds when you fresh install mate. :thumbsup:

kishan333
02-05-15, 12:08
Blue HD can be found in the plugin feeds when you fresh install mate. :thumbsup:

how do i install the image mate? and what settings must i keep? i live in london.

Larry-G
02-05-15, 12:24

You would be best served updating to either the new Hades image series or if you want to stick with Apollo update to build 166, be aware that both require a full fresh flash without any settings backups being used.

kishan333
02-05-15, 12:32
You would be best served updating to either the new Hades image series or if you want to stick with Apollo update to build 166, be aware that both require a full fresh flash without any settings backups being used.

ok thanks, which image would you reccommend that i install, just one question after doing the setup wizard, when required to add channel list where do i get the latest channel lists? and also how do i add them into the box, i have dreambox control centre installed.

kind regards.

abu baniaz
02-05-15, 13:05
Do you have a UK only dish?

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:11
ok thanks, which image would you reccommend that i install, just one question after doing the setup wizard, when required to add channel list where do i get the latest channel lists? and also how do i add them into the box, i have dreambox control centre installed.

kind regards.

ViX's ABM is all you need. Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kishan333
02-05-15, 13:15
Do you have a UK only dish?

hi its a normal sly uk dish

kishan333
02-05-15, 13:16
ViX's ABM is all you need. Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker.

ok so after i install image, i should just use ABM then install my ccam?

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:18
Yeah buddy. If you need help setting ABM up just buzz me n I'll guide you. [emoji106]🏼

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:22

kind regards.

I would use Hades Build 004. [emoji106]🏼

kishan333
02-05-15, 13:22
Yeah buddy. If you need help setting ABM up just buzz me n I'll guide you. [emoji106]��

ok thanks a lot, im gonna do this installation tomorrow morning. would you kindly reccommend me what image to install the latest Apollo image or the new HADES.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:23
Hades Build 004 I would use

kishan333
02-05-15, 13:32
Hades Build 004 I would use

ok will do mate thanks a lot, is it ok if i message you from 10am onwards if i am stuck tomorrow.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:35
Yeah sure buddy

kishan333
03-05-15, 00:22
Yeah sure buddy

thanks a lot mate. can i just ask do i put the usb while the box is on like normal or would i have to factory reset?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-15, 00:27
Just like normal, turn box off at the back (rocker switch), insert usb and then turn back on and the box will flash the image. After a few minutes will ask you to remove usb n reboot (turn off at the rocker switch n back on again) and then you are at the process of setting your box up.
I also advise you to setup a swap file, as the Vu+ Duo lacks internal flash memory and having a 256mb swap file will help greatly.

kishan333
03-05-15, 13:37
Just like normal, turn box off at the back (rocker switch), insert usb and then turn back on and the box will flash the image. After a few minutes will ask you to remove usb n reboot (turn off at the rocker switch n back on again) and then you are at the process of setting your box up.
I also advise you to setup a swap file, as the Vu+ Duo lacks internal flash memory and having a 256mb swap file will help greatly.

hi, i believe that i have a 500gb Hitachi hardrive within the box?

kishan333
03-05-15, 13:43

And one more thing what is a bootloader? and would i be required to use this?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-15, 13:44
No bootloader will be required. Try without first and see how you get on.

kishan333
03-05-15, 14:41

ok i am starting now mate.

kishan333
03-05-15, 15:38

hi mate, i have managed to do everything fine. thanks for your help ever so much. and everyone else

Andy_Hazza
03-05-15, 15:43
Thats great mate. You used ABM for your channel list? Did you setup a swap file, as I feel its essential on a Vu+ Duo you have one? To setup a swap file press the blue button, ViX, Swap Manager, blue button to create, go with the 256mb option to your HDD. After a few minutes, press the yellow button to AUTOSTART and then the green button to ACTIVATE. Then exit to come out. A swap file will help with CrossEPG etc.

kishan333
03-05-15, 16:14
Thats great mate. You used ABM for your channel list? Did you setup a swap file, as I feel its essential on a Vu+ Duo you have one? To setup a swap file press the blue button, ViX, Swap Manager, blue button to create, go with the 256mb option to your HDD. After a few minutes, press the yellow button to AUTOSTART and then the green button to ACTIVATE. Then exit to come out. A swap file will help with CrossEPG etc.

hi mates, yes i used ABM for my channel list. i did not create a swaplist? what is it?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-15, 16:27
The Duo lacks internal flash memory and setting a "Swap File" up will give your receiver a memory boost. If you have CrossEPG setup and you do a blue button and a CrossEPG downloader do you find it gets stuck reading data etc? I cannot stress how much it will greatly improve your receiver, but everyone to themselves.