PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo2 crashes when recording is pressed

imish
01-05-15, 15:56
Solo2 set to record to NAS - this is working fine

However when I try to browse the recording menu the box crashes

Looking at the crash log it seems like the box is trying to access a location that doesn't exist (despite me setting the right default recording location that works)

Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Surprised that the box doesn't give the option to change the location rather than crashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
01-05-15, 16:31
What image and build?

Please attach the full debug log, not photographs of your television set.

imish
01-05-15, 16:33
What image and build?

166 Apollo

Please attach the full debug log, not photographs of your television set.

sure, how do you do that?

In hindsight - perhaps I should have posted this in the support / bug section.

imish
04-05-15, 22:58

Here is the crash file.

judge
04-05-15, 23:05

Here is the crash file.

Please attach the original file in future, not a pdf.
Looks like you're trying to record to a non mounted network share?

imish
04-05-15, 23:12

box emailed me the text and I put it in PDF to post it. If there is a better way then do let me know.

Looks like you're trying to record to a non mounted network share?

Yes, I believe that is what the box (post 1) is trying to do despite me pointing it to a different recording location (that the box can access) - where I can browse (via the PC) the recorded files - however the box crashes when i try to use it (suing the remote control) to browse the recordings.

seems like the box is ignoring my settings in the menu - perhaps there is a file where I need to change / delete the incorrect path?

judge
04-05-15, 23:20
box emailed me the text and I put it in PDF to post it. If there is a better way then do let me know.
You could paste it into a txt file or get the original log by ftp from /home/root/logs/ by default.

Yes, I believe that is what the box (post 1) is trying to do despite me pointing it to a different recording location (that the box can access) - where I can browse (via the PC) the recorded files - however the box crashes when i try to use it (suing the remote control) to browse the recordings.
seems like the box is ignoring my settings in the menu - perhaps there is a file where I need to change / delete the incorrect path?
No, I'd guess the box is trying to do what you told it to do, but can no longer access that share for some reason.
Without reflashing, you could edit your /etc/enigma2/settings file & remove the line pointing to that location (media/autofs/NAS) so it uses the images defaults the next time.

imish
04-05-15, 23:37
Thanks, just opened the settings file and noticed a few path references that are no longer valid - for both recordings and time shift. will edit these and see how it goes.

I do find it strange that there are references in the settings file that don't correspond to the menu settings.....

judge
04-05-15, 23:47
I do find it strange that there are references in the settings file that don't correspond to the menu settings.....
Try changing the menu settings to available locations and press green (depending on screen) to save, & let us know if it fixes your issue.
Other than that, deleting all references to no longer available locations in the settings file should reset things to defaults, so remember to set things like EPG to HDD or USB again if that's what you want to use.
I'd also recommend E2 is in it's sleep state while editing this file.

imish
08-05-15, 11:43

Have updated all the relevant references in the settings file to the correct path however it is still crashing when the recording menu button is pressed.

Attached are the latest logs.

When I manually browse the recording (via the PC) folder I do see the recordings in there.

imish
09-05-15, 11:47
Managed to fix it by further editing the settings file. The menu settings unfortunately didn't completely correspond to the settings file which is a tad strange.