PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] [FIXED] Technomate users are advised to revert to Apollo build 158

Sicilian
01-05-15, 08:20
All Technomate users, please be advised we've found a de-scrambling issue on all builds AFTER Apollo 158. Changing multiple channels fast is causing a de-scrambling issue.

BCM7335 model, seems after approx 3-4 fast channel changes de-scrambling fails.

Other models seems after approx 5-8 fast channel changes de-scrambling fails.

All we can advise at this stage is revert back to build 158 or do not change channels fast constantly. It appears normal channel zapping is not affected, only when fast scrolling through encrypted channels.

Sicilian
01-05-15, 08:56
Just done more testing, its appears to be a driver issue introduced after build 158. I'll post links to old driver later today.

Sicilian
01-05-15, 19:55
I've attached drivers that where in Apollo 158, using these drivers in latest images should avoid the de-scrambling issue fast zapping through channels.

Fixed drivers should be released by Technomate in approx 5-7 days.

Extra the zip files.

Ftp the bcmlinuxdvb.ko to /lib/modules/3.9.7/extra

Reboot once FTP complete.

7335 Drivers are for TM-Single, TM-2T, TM-Nano-2T, TM-Nano-OE, TM-Twin-OE.

champs4life
01-05-15, 23:13
Sicilian firstly thank you and the rest of the VIX team for finding the issues. You guys are the best.
I just have a few questions to clarify.
When you say de-scrambling issue is that in regards to the problem where channels freeze/crash and there is a vix loading sign resulting in turning the box off and on from the back? Will build 158 fix this and also the timeshift issues until TM fix the issues?
Thank you again.

gilvey
03-05-15, 15:01
Installed 7335 files on my tm twin,
worked ok at first. Come back to box a few hours
later tried it again and the descramble issue is back
Build 166

jenseneverest
03-05-15, 20:51
I can report the same issue on latest openATV 5.0 build. May be completely unrelated but probably not......

robsunited
03-05-15, 23:35
I've been sitting on the fence as regards plunging into buying a Nano SE on as my first Linux box. It's great to see that there are people working behind the scenes on stuff like this but it's also things like this that is keeping me on that fence :confused: I'm unsure on whether to take the leap or not.

Sicilian
04-05-15, 08:22
I've had confirmation from Engineers in Korea that this issue is being worked on as we speak.

Andy_Hazza
04-05-15, 09:05
I've been sitting on the fence as regards plunging into buying a Nano SE on as my first Linux box. It's great to see that there are people working behind the scenes on stuff like this but it's also things like this that is keeping me on that fence :confused: I'm unsure on whether to take the leap or not.

Go for the Vu+ Zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

degoosefish
04-05-15, 10:09
Hate to slag off a manufacture as they all deserve credit for building receivers in such a competitive market but time and time again Technomate seem to always be last to the party and have major issues with their drivers,kernels and builds etc. we need Technomate to get their act together and start providing quality receivers. Come on Technomate get your act together and reestablish confidence in your product its well over due.

Sicilian
04-05-15, 10:53
Go for the Vu+ Zero

Or the new Miraclebox Mini+ that can have upto two tuners http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=MINI%2B&filter_category_id=113 Same CPU spec as Nano-SE and VU+ Zero.

Manny92
04-05-15, 13:22
Well my TM-3T is with WOS they will be "replacing the main board as a precaution"

I'm starting to feel guilty that I spend £190 on the 3T after reading a few comments on this thread I shall now buy either the Mut@nt HD2400 HD or the Xtrend ET8000 looks like i'll have to dish out my money again.:confused: :(

Andy_Hazza
04-05-15, 13:46
The Mut@nt HD2400 is a superb receiver and pee's all over any TM box out there.

Manny92
04-05-15, 13:50
Stuck between Xtrend ET10000 or the Mut@nt HD2400 :confused:

I will put my TM-3T in my bedroom as I don't watch much tv in there lol :D

Sicilian
04-05-15, 13:57
Or go inbetween with the ET8000.

Manny92
04-05-15, 13:59
ET8000 is a very good bargain of a price which I can't complain about :cool:

champs4life
04-05-15, 19:15
Im not optimistic that Technomate will fix the issues people are experiencing, but I hope im wrong.

gilvey
04-05-15, 22:08
Has hades 005 sorted these issues?

Andy_Hazza
04-05-15, 22:19
Has hades 005 sorted these issues?

lol. You are dreaming, right?

jenseneverest
04-05-15, 23:43
Im not optimistic that Technomate will fix the issues people are experiencing, but I hope im wrong.

Its not the end of the world. Its only a driver issue. Older builds work fine. (its a long way off the amiko HD issues:D)

judge
04-05-15, 23:57
lol. You are dreaming, right?
Why? Just waiting on TM for driver updates, hopefully available in the next week. Other manufacturers like VU/GB & many others can, have & do sit on known reported driver issues a lot longer.

mabozza
05-05-15, 00:08
Has anyone noticed if this issue happens when using mgcam? Had the problem on various TM receivers using cc_ but since changing to mg_ the issue is fixed.

judge
05-05-15, 00:21
Has anyone noticed if this issue happens when using mgcam? Had the problem on various TM receivers using cc_ but since changing to mg_ the issue is fixed.

cam config issue, not a box or image issue so?

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 00:27
This is the first serious bug after the recording issue. Timeshift issue is very imprtant, but reeiver still works. Overall they have been fine. No need to jump ship.

Replacing drivers requires a reboot, restart on its own is not enough.

gilvey
05-05-15, 06:56
Is the timeshift issue sorted now with latest release or is that gonna be in the new drivers too, or is it just to solve descramble?

Andy_Hazza
05-05-15, 08:24
To solve descramble

robsunited
05-05-15, 08:47
This is the first serious bug after the recording issue. Timeshift issue is very imprtant, but reeiver still works. Overall they have been fine. No need to jump ship.

Replacing drivers requires a reboot, restart on its own is not enough.

Forgive my ignorance but is the recording issue you refer to a current thing and if so how bad is it? Yesterday I was recommended a VU+ Zero as an alternative to the SE but I'm still tempted to stay with my original choice, BUT, the ability to record was one of the reasons I was going for this box. I know it only has one tuner but that's not an issue as regards recording / viewing for me.

abu baniaz
05-05-15, 08:55
The recording issue was a very long time ago. It isn't an issue.

robsunited
05-05-15, 09:08
The recording issue was a very long time ago. It isn't an issue.

PHEW!!!!!!! Thanks mate.

Andy_Hazza
05-05-15, 13:53
PHEW!!!!!!! Thanks mate.

Timeshift is a BIG ISSUE though and cannot be used on TM boxes. So pausing live tv, rewinding, fast forwarding causes box to crash.

robsunited
05-05-15, 15:16
Timeshift is a BIG ISSUE though and cannot be used on TM boxes. So pausing live tv, rewinding, fast forwarding causes box to crash.

The other box I was recommended, the VU+ Zero, can it record and pause etc, and if so, will it also record onto a usb flash drive? Thank God I've not rushed into all this BUT a massive THANK YOU to everyone here for your invaluable assistance and advice.

champs4life
05-05-15, 15:19
I found a way not sure if it helps people. But you can still timeshift. So if you pause live tv and rewind or forward and want to get out of timeshift, instead of pressing stop button press the channel up or down button and then it gives options and I clicked the one where to end timeshift without recording I think and no errors occurred resulting in receiver restarting.

judge
05-05-15, 15:32
The other box I was recommended, the VU+ Zero, can it record and pause etc, and if so, will it also record onto a usb flash drive? Thank God I've not rushed into all this BUT a massive THANK YOU to everyone here for your invaluable assistance and advice.

Be aware that the VU+ Zero is sold as a zapper, not a recording device.

Andy_Hazza
05-05-15, 16:44

Yeah the Vu+ Zero will record onto a usb flash drive just fine. I have set one of these up for my brothers bedroom. I got him a 256gb flash drive off eBay and does the trick nicely. [emoji106]🏼
Also will pause live tv with no issues. [emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼

robsunited
05-05-15, 18:00
Could be a useful workaround champs. Thanks for the heads up re the Zero Andy. I'm imposing a deadline on myself of this Friday to make my decision and get this purchase made once and for all. Some hard thinking and heavy reading to do.

nigel_p
06-05-15, 09:41
Hi
Long time lurker, first time poster

I (like robsunited) am just about to purchase a Nano-3t and have been surprised at the recent comments about the fact that TM boxes cannot support timeshift recording, ff etc. Is this a basic issue with the TM boxes or is this an 'image' issue. I really like the concept of having one box for satellite and terrestrial, but would prefer to pay more for a box which works as well as a sky box (wife wants a simple box), I note the work around suggested by champs4life, is this a valid fix? and will the issue ever be addressed as (for my opinion) this is a basic requirement in any multi tuner box

Cheers

goosegog
06-05-15, 13:37
Hi
Long time lurker, first time poster

I (like robsunited) am just about to purchase a Nano-3t and have been surprised at the recent comments about the fact that TM boxes cannot support timeshift recording, ff etc. Is this a basic issue with the TM boxes or is this an 'image' issue. I really like the concept of having one box for satellite and terrestrial, but would prefer to pay more for a box which works as well as a sky box (wife wants a simple box), I note the work around suggested by champs4life, is this a valid fix? and will the issue ever be addressed as (for my opinion) this is a basic requirement in any multi tuner box

Cheers
I had a little play about with a 3T at the weekend helped setting up for a pal and apart from the mentioned quick zapping issue i was very impressed with it,very fast in flashing/rebooting etc.looking at the nano,2T and 3T i think there great value for money.
PS.my pal bought the 3T thinking he was getting 3 sat tuners,haha spud!!

Sicilian
06-05-15, 15:01
Drivers fixed, waiting for them to be committed to GIT so we can run a build with them included.

champs4life
06-05-15, 15:14
Sicilian as you say TM has fixed the issues. But what exactly is GIT?

Does the drivers fix timeshift issues as well?

nightmare911
07-05-15, 12:26
I guess Technomate fixed the issue already. I was actually surprised as i was expecting them to take there time on it.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commits/3.0

robsunited
07-05-15, 12:57
So guys, if I were to purchase my SE from WoS today would these drivers be on it or would I have to do that myself? If so, is it a difficult process? What exactly would I need to do? As you can guess, I'm only starting off with all this! Many thanks again.

nightmare911
07-05-15, 13:02
So guys, if I were to purchase my SE from WoS today would these drivers be on it or would I have to do that myself? If so, is it a difficult process? What exactly would I need to do? As you can guess, I'm only starting off with all this! Many thanks again.
Depends on what image you get WOS to install for you if there install latest Hades than whenever the new update comes along all you need to do is just update from the menu. If there install Apollo you would need to install hades by yourself which is easy. Just follow the attached guide below

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 14:02
Does the drivers fix timeshift issues as well?
Yes. Tested on Nano-Se and 3T Combo

champs4life
07-05-15, 14:53
Yes. Tested on Nano-Se and 3T Combo

Thanks Abu.

Surprised Technomate have fixed all the main issues. Thought they would take a long time.

Any idea when the drivers fix would be in the new image?

gilvey
07-05-15, 15:10
Have they fixed the timeshift issue too?

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 15:30
The latest drivers are attached to this post. After replacing driver files, you must reboot the receiver. Restarting and rebooting are two different things.

I shall upload images with replaced for the Nano-SE, Nano 3T Combo and Nano-OE. (The driver date on information page will still show old one)

Extract/unzip the zip files.

Transfer the bcmlinuxdvb.ko to /lib/modules/3.9.7/extra

Reboot once FTP complete.

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 16:27
Images with patched drivers here.
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Technomate%20Images%20-%20Temp%20fixed/

Sorry, only Have Nano-OE, Nano-SE and Nano 3T Combo. A build process is in progress at the moment. When it finishes the TMs should be rebuilt with newer drives included.

rossi2000
07-05-15, 16:32
where have those images come from?

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 16:40
I flashed public 005, patched drivers and uploaded.

robsunited
07-05-15, 16:44
This is amazing news for me. I've added my thanks to the posts following mine which gave me the answers I hoped I would receive (and much more). I'm off now to purchase the Nano SE on the back of what I've just read. I don't need any more thinking time, the decision has been made. :thumbsup:

rossi2000
07-05-15, 16:49
ah no worries.

champs4life
07-05-15, 17:06
Abu is it wise to wait for the latest build with the drivers fix included?

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 17:09
Newer build will have fixes/updates since 005 and also updated drivers

Patched image will have just the updated drivers

gilvey
07-05-15, 18:02
Are these for tm twin oe also?

abu baniaz
07-05-15, 18:17
Yes.
The Twin has a a 7335 cpu and has a CI module. So you need the bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.9.7-1ci-20150506.tar.gz

champs4life
07-05-15, 21:10
I assume the transcoder feature hasnt been fixed?

hullfc27
08-05-15, 17:37
is there a fix for the nano 2 super i checked on the openvix page and cant see one? cheers

Andy_Hazza
08-05-15, 17:55
is there a fix for the nano 2 super i checked on the openvix page and cant see one? cheers

Will be in next build (Hades 006)

abu baniaz
08-05-15, 18:00
Drivers are uploaded. Please replace yourself if you dont want to wait.

bellejt
08-05-15, 18:09
I have a brother off the technomate under the name of edision Optimuss OS1. I turn openvix 166 with drivers from 10/04 from another site.All is working fine.Maybe look for alternative.The image with latest drivers is not working good.

abu baniaz
08-05-15, 18:20
The image with latest drivers is not working good.
What issues have you had with the 06 May drivers?

bellejt
08-05-15, 18:25
on my optimuss OS1 I could not start Samba and network was not working fine.Could not mount severall things to watch recordings on the main box.I used the apollo 166 with drivers from 10/04 and all is working fine.Because the technomate and optimuss are alike (same receivers) maybe the image with old drivers is working also fine on technomates.

hullfc27
08-05-15, 18:32
as i said there isnt any drivers named tm nano 2 super so dont have a clue which one to use

abu baniaz
08-05-15, 18:50
Nano 2 super uses the 7356 cpu

bellejt
08-05-15, 18:55
same as optimuss OS1.
PS : i took image from 25/04 on Sat-Soft board.

judge
09-05-15, 00:55
on my optimuss OS1 I could not start Samba and network was not working fine.Could not mount severall things to watch recordings on the main box.I used the apollo 166 with drivers from 10/04 and all is working fine.Because the technomate and optimuss are alike (same receivers) maybe the image with old drivers is working also fine on technomates.

Don't optimuss create their own drivers? what image do they supply?

bellejt
09-05-15, 09:08
My box runs openvix apollo 166 from a forum on sat-soft.Kernel 3.9.7

judge
09-05-15, 10:19
My box runs openvix apollo 166 from a forum on sat-soft.Kernel 3.9.7

Not OpenViX so.

bellejt
09-05-15, 10:22
screens identical to those on my VU+ duo2 and updating also on openvix site.All is the same.

judge
09-05-15, 10:54
screens identical to those on my VU+ duo2 and updating also on openvix site.All is the same.
That may be the case, still not OpenViX though.

bellejt
09-05-15, 11:03
screenshot from info box:

bbbuk
09-05-15, 11:20
@bellejt, I believe what @judge was trying to say is that openvix isn't officially supported on that box.

Support is provided for official models as listed on http://www.openvix.co.uk

Its possible that site uses patched drivers rather than official drivers of TM.

champs4life
09-05-15, 14:04
How exactly would I replace the new drivers here with old ones? I have never done this before.

bbbuk
09-05-15, 14:32
How exactly would I replace the new drivers here with old ones? I have never done this before.two methods.

Make sure you backup image and settings before doing either of the following

1. Flash with temp fix from openvix site that Abu uploaded then restore settings
2. Telnet in to box and use init 4 command then ftp relevant drivers as mentioned in post 3 then back telnet and use init 6 to reboot box

Sicilian
10-05-15, 09:41
Fixed in build 007.