PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend ET 9200 wont flash..

Mr. Mister
30-04-15, 18:04
Hi guys..
A m8 of mine tried to flash the latest 166 image.. But he encountered the following problem.. ( I asked him to bring it to me.. and im also getting the same problem )
Box does show the name of the image and if i want to flash it.
I press the OK button on the front of the box and it says flashing..
But after 10 seconds.. it just goes into booting on old vix image..
Any help please on how to fix this.. ?
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
30-04-15, 18:15
Have you tried flashing with the bootloader first then the image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Mister
30-04-15, 18:30
Hi Andy.. Yes bud.. I have tried the bootloader as well.. But still does the same thing..

Larry-G
30-04-15, 18:45
My ET9200 is currently at my brothers but from memory I just flashed the bootloader then image and it was on ViX 3.0 when I got it from AndyBlack.

What image is on there at the moment ? if ViX have you tried a couch flash ?.

Mr. Mister
30-04-15, 18:51
Hi Phoenix..
Its on Vix 3.0 750
I will try a couch flash..
I just though of trying a different USB stick as well..
The one im using is a data traveller.. I would have thought that this would have been good enough.. lol
But it is seeing the usb stick with the image.. Starts to flash.. then after 10 seconds it just goes direct to booting..
defo a strange one..

Larry-G
30-04-15, 18:55
Im not sure if you can couch flash from such a old build mate, have you tried some other USB sticks ?.

Mr. Mister
30-04-15, 19:00
hehe.. just noticed ye cant couch flash with vix 3.. lol

Im gonna take a run round the house and gather up the dozen of usb sticks laying around.. one of them bound to work.. lol

Ill let ye know when i have exhausted the sticks.. lol

Larry-G
30-04-15, 19:02
hehe.. just noticed ye cant couch flash with vix 3.. lol

Im gonna take a run round the house and gather up the dozen of usb sticks laying around.. one of them bound to work.. lol

Ill let ye know when i have exhausted the sticks.. lol

Also try loading the latest unreleased image from the beta server see if that one flashes, if it does you can always couch flash it back to Apollo if needs be.

Stanman
30-04-15, 19:13
I had the same issue with a ET5K and that was the security board issue.

Mine never actually booted into any image.

Mr. Mister
30-04-15, 22:49
Hi guys..
I finally managed it.. lol.. Apollo 166 flashed and working perfectly.. lol
Jeeze.. Those ET9200`s are choosey about which USB pen drive they are compatable with.. lol
I tried at least a dozen.. before i got 1 to work..
And of course.. you would know that it would be the cheapest piece of tat that i had that worked.. lol
At least all working great now..
thanks for your help..

Sicilian
01-05-15, 05:21
This is what I do, rarely ever fails me: -

1) Use a MAX 8GB Genuine Kingston stick. A lot of older boxes will not flash from anything bigger.
2) Format FAT32 using HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool
3) Use Teracopy on PC to transfer files.
4) Always use a rear USB port, front USB ports are like a USB hub, rears are fixed to main board.