PDA

View Full Version : tuners

roystheboy
30-04-15, 11:16
Hi i just set up my Duo2 receiver with a VBox I configured tuner A for advanced does tuner B need to be configured to advanced as well ,because its working fine as it is cheers take care best regards

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 11:19
What do you have connected to tuner B?

roystheboy
30-04-15, 11:42
Hello I have a VBox to move my dish and thats connected to my Duo2 receiver ,when tuner B is set to advanced the Vbox goes to standby and dont work ,but when its set to not configured the Vbox works fine I dont get it cheers take care

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 11:47
Do you have any cable connected to tuner B?

roystheboy
30-04-15, 11:51
Hi yes I have a LNB from dish to Vbox and out of Vbox to tuner A and a LNB from dish to Tuner B and a cable line to tuner C

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 12:03
This cable from tuner b, does it go to the same dish as the other tuner?

If so, do you have a twin/quad port LNB?

roystheboy
30-04-15, 12:14
Hello yes I have a quad LNB and two of the cables go to the Duo2 receiver and the other two are used 1 for the kitchen and 1 for the bedroom

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 12:51
Based on deductions from your answer:
You have one motorised dish shared between different recivers
You have one multi-port LNB
One cable is part of normal motorized setup using V-box and goes to tuner A
One cable goes direct from LNB to Tuner B.

Answer:
Tuner B should be set as "second cable of motorised LNB"

Please be advised that moving the dish will disrupt the viewing of the other two receivers. It would be adviseable to invest in a separate dish for 28.2.

roystheboy
30-04-15, 13:14
Hi O.K. I have done that thanks it works fine the dish goes to where I want it to go by pressing the channels on each Sat,will the recording be O.K. now it wont affect me recording the Sats cheers thanks for all your help take care best regards

roystheboy
30-04-15, 14:05
Thanks A lot abu baniaz thats very help full I really appreciate all you done for me cheers mate take care best regards

roystheboy
01-05-15, 06:52
Hello abu beniaz thanks a lot for your help its working great I am really chuffed with it, you are the man ,thanks again take care best regards .

roystheboy
25-08-15, 07:23
Hello beniaz sorry to bother you again Pal but I got a problem ,I did a Vhannibal motor channel list because I was missing channels it seemed to work O.K. but now my receiver records on tuner A not Tuner B like it suppose to Tuner B dont seem to be working dont know what I have done hope you can help cheers ,Tuner C is ok for cable

abu baniaz
25-08-15, 07:39
Can you descibe what connections you have to the tuners again and what the tuner configuration is?

roystheboy
25-08-15, 07:53
Hi I got a 1.2 mtre motorised dish with a quad lnb ,I have three tuners A.B.C sat cable connected and a cable connected to the other input at the back of the receiver

roystheboy
25-08-15, 08:02
Tuner B is set as ,second cable of motorised LNB Tuner Tuner A:Vuplus DVB-NIM(AVL6222)DVB-S2

jasper1974
25-08-15, 08:29
Have you gone into system settings and told it to use tuner b as preferred recording tuner???

roystheboy
25-08-15, 08:36
Hi in customise its set to preferd tuner Tuner A Preferd Tuner for recording Tuner B

roystheboy
25-08-15, 08:52
Hi it all seems to be set O.K. but Tuner B dont seem to work I hit the record button and it starts recording on Tuner A its reall got to me as this cheers

roystheboy
25-08-15, 09:01
hi Tuner B is none existing i really hope you can help cheers take care

abu baniaz
25-08-15, 16:56
If they both tuners are connected to the same dish, what differnce does it make which tuner you use?

roystheboy
26-08-15, 08:08
Hi no it does not as you say but what I need to know is tuner B working for recording as the green B does not come on at the front of the box when recording ,the A tuner light comes on when on the Sat and the C tuner light comes on when on the Cable but no B light when recording like it used to before I did a Vhanibal channel list cheers take care

DaMacFunkin
26-08-15, 12:53
Tune to bbc1 on your satellite and press record and choose record current program.
Tune to ITV on your satellite and press record again and choose record current program again, you should now have both satellite tuners recording, if so there is no problem.