PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

moley147
30-04-15, 01:04
Hi my name is Ian but my nickname is Moley.

I have just bought a Xpeed LX2 from world of satellite and thought it would be a good idea to join this site in case I need some help or advice.

I also own a Dreambox 7020 (not used now) that I bought in 2005.

And a dreambox 800HDse not a clone but still running an old image thats about 5 years old and most plugins no longer download. I will update it once my Xpeed is setup the way I want.

I'm not really into linux but I am not a total newbie when dealing computers etc, etc

My setup is is an offset. 90cm dish with a cheap technomate motor from maplins after my stab hh90 motor decided it only wanted to go eastwards. i fitted the dish and sorted the arc out myself but it took a while. It was a quicker setup when i replaced the motor. I lost every satellite except 19.2 and 28.2 in the gales a few months ago but another gale from opposite direction has now re-aligned my arc so I can get every satellite from 4w to 28.2 that my footprint allows.

Anyway thanks for letting me join and I will try not to ask too many newbie type questions.

Cheers

Ian

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 01:35
Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of the vix manual by Rob as well as Josh's new box guide. Most questions will be answered in there. If unsure of anything and serach does not yield an answer, ask away.