PDA

View Full Version : Mutant hd2400 tuner fail.?

cueman
29-04-15, 16:21
Hi, had this box for about 2/3 weeks (2 x sat tuners & 2 x cable tuners) VIX. Both sat tuners are working fine recording, viewing etc.. But the cable tuners are problematic. I`m not 100% sure but I think both cable tuners were working when I bought the box, but now i seem to have lost tuner D (cable). I have 2 x sat feeds - from dish Tuner A&B, and have connected the incoming VM cable to top of tuner C, then i looped from bottom of C to top of tuner D. Now when i record on VM & switch channels all (cable) channels are TUNE FAILED. I have removed the loop and tried Tuner C and all ok, then connected (direct) to Tuner D and nothing but TUNE FAILED again. I left D connected and re-scanned for channels found 560 odd. But still no joy, have also run auto bouquets maker, no joy. I am using a provider who allows x2 connections. I`m no expert but I think this Tuner D has bit the dust . Any idea`s please anyone. Thanks.

tappari
29-04-15, 16:58
Hi, had this box for about 2/3 weeks (2 x sat tuners & 2 x cable tuners) VIX. Both sat tuners are working fine recording, viewing etc.. But the cable tuners are problematic. I`m not 100% sure but I think both cable tuners were working when I bought the box, but now i seem to have lost tuner D (cable). I have 2 x sat feeds - from dish Tuner A&B, and have connected the incoming VM cable to top of tuner C, then i looped from bottom of C to top of tuner D. Now when i record on VM & switch channels all (cable) channels are TUNE FAILED. I have removed the loop and tried Tuner C and all ok, then connected (direct) to Tuner D and nothing but TUNE FAILED again. I left D connected and re-scanned for channels found 560 odd. But still no joy, have also run auto bouquets maker, no joy. I am using a provider who allows x2 connections. I`m no expert but I think this Tuner D has bit the dust . Any idea`s please anyone. Thanks.
I`m not sure if this Mutant is similar to Xtrend ET10000, but ET10000 manual has the warning:
WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C
My ET10000 has 4xC/T2 tuners working fine.

cueman
30-04-15, 09:00
I`m not sure if this Mutant is similar to Xtrend ET10000, but ET10000 manual has the warning:
WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
My ET10000 has 4xC/T2 tuners working fine.

Hi tappari. Box was bought from WOS and arrived with fitted tuners set up exactly as you say. Is there a reason your box is not to be set up as you say? I`m pretty sure I have set up Tuners C&D correctly, D (cable) is NOT working so it must be Kaput. Only had box 2/3 weeks and paid £400 so bit gutted. Any one help please?

Andy_Hazza
30-04-15, 09:03
Try cable into C n then loop from C to D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
30-04-15, 09:16
Just had 2 tuners fail on my Mut@nt HD 2400, maybe faulty batch of tuners?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cueman
30-04-15, 11:16
Just had 2 tuners fail on my Mut@nt HD 2400, maybe faulty batch of tuners?.

Hope not!..
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent email to WOS and am currently trying somat advised. Thanks for replys, I`ll post back later.

nsw9154
30-04-15, 11:59
I have 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners fitted to my Mut@nt and they are working perfect but, tappari has a point about the tuner configuration have you tried Removing the tuners and trying them in a different slot

cueman
30-04-15, 13:26
I have 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners fitted to my Mut@nt and they are working perfect but, tappari has a point about the tuner configuration have you tried Removing the tuners and trying them in a different slot

Hi nsw, As said earlier had contacted WOS and yes they advised swapping tuners..................Please test as follows: -

1) Power off.
2) Remove lid.
3) Move both satellite tuners to slots C & D.
4) Fit both Hybrid tuners to slots A & B.
5) Connect main feed to A.
6) Connect a HIGH QAULITY loop cable out from A to in of B.

Have done exactly and all seems to now be well. Can someone explain why THIS should NOT be done???--- WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
If this is true I`m surprised the box was sent to me configured that way. Still checking out box but does at moment seem fine , Thanks to all replys

Larry-G
30-04-15, 13:30
Have done exactly and all seems to now be well. Can someone explain why THIS should NOT be done???--- WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
If this is true I`m surprised the box was sent to me configured that way. Still checking out box but does at moment seem fine , Thanks to all replys

That has nothing to do with your receiver, it refers to the Xtrend 1000 so its not some thing you should worry about.

nsw9154
30-04-15, 13:45
I think that their was a problem with early drivers for the Mut@nt (might be fixed now)as tuner 4 had a problem and manufacturers sometimes have a disclaimer to cover them
when i first got my Mut@nt i noticed that if i removed the loop cable from tuner 4 i received no signal, even though i had 2 feed cables, one feeding tuner 1 and looped to tuner 2 and a second feed to tuner 3 looped to tuner 4 :confused: for some reason tuner 4 had to have a cable feeding it or i could not get a picture, so i physically unplugged and removed tuner 4 and i could plug the feed cable in to any of the remaining 3 tuners and get a picture, but as soon as i replaced tuner 4 i could not get a signal until i connected tuner 4 again so now i just have 1 cable feeding tuner 1 and looped through the tuners to tuner 4 and every thing is fine :rolleyes: very strange but working perfect

cueman
30-04-15, 15:52
That has nothing to do with your receiver, it refers to the Xtrend 1000 so its not some thing you should worry about.

Oh, that's good news then. thanks for the answer.

cueman
30-04-15, 16:00
I think that their was a problem with early drivers for the Mut@nt (might be fixed now)as tuner 4 had a problem and manufacturers sometimes have a disclaimer to cover them
when i first got my Mut@nt i noticed that if i removed the loop cable from tuner 4 i received no signal, even though i had 2 feed cables, one feeding tuner 1 and looped to tuner 2 and a second feed to tuner 3 looped to tuner 4 :confused: for some reason tuner 4 had to have a cable feeding it or i could not get a picture, so i physically unplugged and removed tuner 4 and i could plug the feed cable in to any of the remaining 3 tuners and get a picture, but as soon as i replaced tuner 4 i could not get a signal until i connected tuner 4 again so now i just have 1 cable feeding tuner 1 and looped through the tuners to tuner 4 and every thing is fine :rolleyes: very strange but working perfect

Thanks nsw, I now have Cable feed into top Tuner A then looped to top tuner B (from bottom Tune A). And can record on A and switch channels on Tuner B. C & D are sats and all seems well. :p Hopefully will stay that way. :thumbsup: Thanks all, appreciated.