PDA

View Full Version : solo2 stuck spinning logo

minterno
27-04-15, 23:32
Hi guys.i have a solo2 running the latest vix.all was sweet until i borrowed the epg usb stick
for somethig else and set the epg to the hard drive.a few nights ago the box went to auto update
the boquets and the message,'hard drive full' popped up on screen and the now the box wont boot properely.the vix logo is spinning.stops for a while and spins again. Im away in canada working and the wife is home in ireland with no tv.
if i was home i could flash the reciever but as im not.is there any easy fix for the wife.shes not techy and is afraid to flash it herself.anyone any ideas.thanks

judge
27-04-15, 23:38
How is she with telnet? A fresh flash probably easier for her though if the internal flash is full.

minterno
27-04-15, 23:47
She wont try a flash.i might try to get someone to set her up with a cheap fta reciever for a few weeks.thanks

judge
27-04-15, 23:51
What county is she in?

minterno
28-04-15, 00:14
Cork ireland. I think the bro lther might have an old ariva he could give her.will try that avenue.cheers

judge
28-04-15, 00:30
Just as easy to flash a fresh image as to install a different box. Can your brother flash the box?

Larry-G
28-04-15, 00:40
Just as easy to flash a fresh image as to install a different box. Can your brother flash the box?

Especially if you take a backup when the image is working just as you like it.

minterno
28-04-15, 00:55
I will try to get her to do a flash via skype.and yes. It would be easy for her to select a backup.will try tomorrow.thanks guys

judge
28-04-15, 01:13
I will try to get her to do a flash via skype.and yes. It would be easy for her to select a backup.will try tomorrow.thanks guys
If she's in town this week, feel free to drop the box off on Patricks Street (PM me for address), daughter can collect & drop back after the weekend if she's still stuck.

minterno
28-04-15, 01:25
If she's in town this week, feel free to drop the box off on Patricks Street (PM me for address), daughter can collect & drop back after the weekend if she's still stuck.

Great stuff judge.that would be a blessing.shes missing her tv.i will send you a pm later and check whens a good time.my phone in nearly flat atm.im on a bus heading up to a camp.will be able to use the laptop and se what im doing.your a lifesaver .thanks

abu baniaz
28-04-15, 01:44
If requied, Teamviewer is brilliant for assisting someone remotely.