PDA

View Full Version : Updating Vu box to the latest image after problems

Logicearl
26-04-15, 16:14
Up until a few days ago, everything was running as it had for the last 12 months or more without any issues.

But now even after updating the channel lists, some of the channels (mainly Sky Sport) are now not showing, and don't know why.

So it looks like the box will need an updated image, something I've probably put off for far too long.

At the moment I have the Vix 3.0 build 808 image, and want to update it to the newest Vix image.
Will it be best to start from scratch, that is wipe the Hdd and USB thats attached to the box?

TIA

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 16:17
You will need to fresh flash with no restores for the latest build, which is Apollo 166.
Sky has changed many channels lately (to different transponders) this is why them channels are not viewable.

Larry-G
26-04-15, 16:20
There is no need to wipe the internal HDD but you will have to USB flash the receiver.

Logicearl
26-04-15, 16:36
Ok, on the hdd there are some image backups and backups from backup manager along with some crossegp files. I take it I'll need to remove all those before updating?
On the sub stick are just picons, which I'll keep.

mann
26-04-15, 18:37
Ok, on the hdd there are some image backups and backups from backup manager along with some crossegp files. I take it I'll need to remove all those before updating?

Flashing to openvix Apollo 166 you will need a complete fresh set up..no backups and no restore start from scratch this way you will avoid many problems.

Larry-G
26-04-15, 18:40

No not really, just keep them for a while as backup. They won't affect any thing on the new image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk