PDA

View Full Version : ViX 1.3 EPG Picons?

Malcolm-X
10-12-10, 22:25
Hi Guys,

I have just uploaded Vix 1.3 to my new Vu+ Duo and everything seems to be working fine, however when I use the EPG (EPG Button - Vix EPG) I am only getting details for two programs on most channels, however a couple of channels are showing much longer. Could someone please guide me to setting it to show more programs?

Also I am getting picons on info bars, but not on the TVGuide?

Regards

Malcolm-X

Ps. I have only had the receiver for a couple of days and not yet played much with it, hence I would appreciate any help possible.

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 22:34
This is a friendly forum and we help the best we can but you need to remember you have had the receiver only a few das yet it has been around 6 months or so and most problems ahve been seen, asked and sorted yours above being one of them.

In this day and age i have noticed when some one buys anything the manual is never looked at and stays fresh in the box well this is an attutude that is becomming common yet not good practice.

This forum is a manual initself and it must be read to get your probelems sorted as most are common problems for first time users and have been answered

the quick epg only shows 2 channels at a time and vixepg should show a time line of channels depending on the length of the programm

if in vixepg you press menu you can customise it the way you want remebering to enable use picon and item on show set to 8 for normal use and 5 for PIG use

Malcolm-X
10-12-10, 23:28
This is a friendly forum and we help the best we can but you need to remember you have had the receiver only a few das yet it has been around 6 months or so and most problems ahve been seen, asked and sorted yours above being one of them.

In this day and age i have noticed when some one buys anything the manual is never looked at and stays fresh in the box well this is an attutude that is becomming common yet not good practice.

This forum is a manual initself and it must be read to get your probelems sorted as most are common problems for first time users and have been answered

the quick epg only shows 2 channels at a time and vixepg should show a time line of channels depending on the length of the programm

if in vixepg you press menu you can customise it the way you want remebering to enable use picon and item on show set to 8 for normal use and 5 for PIG use

Hi Silverfox,

I am a victim of my own habit and even though I have owned the VU+ for only a couple of days I assume I know everything I should based on the fact that I have used many other receivers and currently own others too (TM800, DM800, DM500s, TM500-Super & TM600).

Thanks for the quick reply and I have now managed to get my Picons to work on the EPG, but still no joy with the Vix Timeline showing more than 2 programs at one on some channels, yet a full day on other channels.

Thanks

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 23:31
to b honest i'm not sure what you mean by the time line do me a favour get a screen dump and show me insturction on how should be here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3866-Database-of-Common-Telnet-commands-for-Linux-based-STB-s&p=28378&viewfull=1#post28378 [post #5]

this way i can or anyone else can see what you mean

Malcolm-X
10-12-10, 23:42
here you go mate...

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 23:48
now i know what you mean you need to download the epg data either rivix or crossepg then you will get it all

Malcolm-X
10-12-10, 23:54
Thanks For That

Malcolm-X
11-12-10, 00:15
now i know what you mean you need to download the epg data either rivix or crossepg then you will get it all

Hi Silverfox,

I've downloaded the crossepg and still no joy as yet. I know it takes time to download the info so I'll keep an eye on it.

I have noticed however that the FTA channels are getting all the program guide on the timeline, but none of the Pay channels are getting any info??

silverfox0786
11-12-10, 00:24
have you looked at vix menu, vix settings where your data is being stored

this is mine

Malcolm-X
11-12-10, 00:28
It's currently set to "Internal Flash"

silverfox0786
11-12-10, 00:33
may be a cse your flash is too small for all data and bypassing pay channels mine is on usb either set it t usb or hdd if you have them fitted

charliesen
11-12-10, 01:40
Hi malcolm nice to see you made it over here mate.
Don't worry you'll get it sorted . The epg on vix is great .

Malcolm-X
11-12-10, 02:22
Hi malcolm nice to see you made it over here mate.
Don't worry you'll get it sorted . The epg on vix is great .

Sure I did and so glad too.

Soon as this EPG gets sorted I will be one happy guy.

Malcolm-X
12-12-10, 13:58
Hi Guys,

I keep up to date with manual download for the EPG and all works fine now.

Thanks

14-05-11, 21:38
Hi,

I'm having some problems on mines.

I can get picons on info bars, but not on the Vix TV Guide.

I've done what is said on the settings but the Picons won't show in the EPG.

I've attached screen dumps of settings and epg window if someone could help what I am doing wrong or if there is anything additional I need to do.

Thanks

punisher
14-05-11, 21:58
make sure usb is mounted as media/usb in device manager

Stanman
14-05-11, 22:05
Hi,

I'm having some problems on mines.

I can get picons on info bars, but not on the Vix TV Guide.

I've done what is said on the settings but the Picons won't show in the EPG.

I've attached screen dumps of settings and epg window if someone could help what I am doing wrong or if there is anything additional I need to do.

Thanks

Did you do a gui restart?

14-05-11, 22:23
make sure usb is mounted as media/usb in device manager

Cheers Punisher. Works fine now :)

punisher
14-05-11, 22:40
glad u sorted mate :D