PDA

View Full Version : Black screen seconds after picture displays

joef2k2
26-04-15, 03:15
Hi,

I am having issues with my Technomate Twin where channels are intermittently not working.

Example, I am able to watch my sports channels but when I change to a different one I get a black screen, upon changing back to the one that was working, that is also now a black screen.

I have reflashed the box, rescanned 28.2 sat and found 900+ channels. I have then installed AutoBouquets 28.2 E2 and set that up and scanned. I then went into CrossEPG and done all the relevant things and installed CCCam 2.2.1, enabled that and copied across the relevant files.

Restarted the box, booted back up and channels were fine, as soon as i started flicking through the channels, the screen went black and i was unable to view any channels again apart from FTA. I have had the box almost 3 weeks now.

Can anyone shed any light on this as ive been trying for almost 4 hours now to no avail.

abu baniaz
26-04-15, 03:18
Try using CCcam 2.30

joef2k2
26-04-15, 10:22
What i find odd is, it was working fine last week and randomly does this. A couple of friends with the same box setup have not experienced this problem.

In terms of using CCCam 2.30 is it a case of using the plugin installer on the box or do i need to physcially install it via FTP?

Larry-G
26-04-15, 10:24
CCcam 2.3.0 is available via the image plugin feeds but you will have to provide your own config files as we wont for legal reasons.

joef2k2
26-04-15, 10:58
CCcam 2.3.0 is available via the image plugin feeds but you will have to provide your own config files as we wont for legal reasons.

Ok thanks,

To confirm, is this the correct and latest image or is there a more stable variant?

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/

openvix-Apollo.166-tmtwin_usb.zip

Larry-G
26-04-15, 11:03
Yes that is the current and most upto date image out now, it will be superseded soon by a new image but for now that build is stable and will work fine.

joef2k2
26-04-15, 11:07
Ok thanks, ill give that a go.

Is it better to use ABM or the 28.2 E2 maker within the plugin section?

Cheers

Larry-G
26-04-15, 11:08
Ok thanks, ill give that a go.

Is it better to use ABM or the 28.2 E2 maker within the plugin section?

Cheers

Thats down to personal preference, they both basically do the same thing but include different features and improvements etc.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 15:58
I prefer ViX's ABM

Larry-G
26-04-15, 16:11
I prefer ViX's ABM

Me too but thats no huge surprise. LMAO.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 16:15
Me too but thats no huge surprise. LMAO.

IMO AutoBouquets 28.2 is untidy for me, whereas ViX's ABM is so much neater n cleaner if that makes sense.

joef2k2
26-04-15, 18:30
Ok, So i am using ABM now and setup as per the instructions i seen on another post, however i get the Timeout for Tuner Lock message?

afterburn
26-04-15, 18:47
This usually happens when you have only one feed connected to a twin tuner.

joef2k2
26-04-15, 20:10
ok, got that workng and all was setup correctly along with cccam 2.30

I then enabled that and tuned into my sports channels, ssp1,2,3 were working but 5 was not nor F1.

I then went back to ssp1 and got a black screen again :-s

joef2k2
26-04-15, 23:04
Odd, everytime i reset the modem and reboot the box i get channels, i can watch sky sports 1 fine for 5 mins or longer, switch to sky sports 2 and the same. Upon switching back to sky sports 1, its knocked off and a black screen.

Its like something is faulty somewhere or conflicting.

judge
26-04-15, 23:06
Its like something is faulty somewhere or conflicting.
or your method of obtaining these channels.

joef2k2
26-04-15, 23:20
or your method of obtaining these channels.

Possibly, but I would be inclined to say this is not the case as another box that my mum has is working fine. No issues

judge
26-04-15, 23:34
Possibly, but I would be inclined to say this is not the case as another box that my mum has is working fine. No issues
I'd still be inclined to say it is the case. Put a local subbed card in the box, do you still have these issues?

joef2k2
29-04-15, 21:31
Just to confirm, It was CCCAM that was the issue, we changed to MGcamd and this problem does not replicate at all.

Thanks to all for the input.

sker
29-04-15, 21:46
I have a TM-nano 3t and I'm using CCcam 2.30 running on VIx Apollo.166 and I'm having the same issue. A restart of the box is the only way to get the video and sound back. When the vidoe goes all the menus still work and a restart of the softcam doesn't help.There is plenty of free memory and the CPU is not loaded. Is there any thing I can check in logs or when this happens to get to try to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Sker