PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM not working

landy
25-04-15, 18:40
New Vu+solo2 from WoS with pre installed ViX. Scanned 28.2 for channels OK. Updated the Freesat file from vix dowloads. ABS started but never receives any channels then times out. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Uploaded my log No: 1429980966.13

Thanks in advance :confused:

john doe
25-04-15, 18:58
are you using ABM? or are you using your own?

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 19:05
EDIT:
You are failing on the main UK one which has not changed. Can you go to sat finder and and check you have a lock on the pictured transponder please.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42088&stc=1

Also, what is your dish/tuner configuration please?

landy
25-04-15, 22:25
Thanks Abu Baniaz, I checked and have the same satellite but do not have that transponder listed (11778 V)

Disq motorised System but only aligned to 28.2 at present with diseq switched off. Single LNB and cable attached to input A. I carried out one scan for channels using standard settings.

Landy

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 22:28
What have you set tuner 2 as?

Apologies, wrong screenshot. Please go to sat finder.
You have to edit the values yourself, hence user defined. It is not listed by default because it does not have viewable services.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 23:11
The Solo 2 is a twin tuner receiver. If I've read the logs correctly, you have configured both tuners. however only one of them has access to a satellite signal. ABM is trying to use the tuner which has not got a cable to it.

If you disable tuner 2, problem wil be solved.

Better solution:
Connect cable to port 2 and doubke check it configured correctly.
Configure tuner A to "loop through to tuner B". There is a hardware issue that means you cannot use internal loop through from A to B. This is why you must connect to tuner B.

Apologies If I've mis-read the logs and I am mistaken.

landy
26-04-15, 10:32
Thanks Abu, you did it again :) I had the cable in port A. I have now connected to port B and configured A to "loop through to tuner B". Scanned using ABM and it worked this time. :D Many thanks for your help, as with everything its easy when you know how but we all start as beginners, what a great forum :thumbsup: