PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Vu + solo boot up prop=blem

denzalr
25-04-15, 16:46
Hi, i am new to this, but i am having a problem, my Vu+ solo box has a problem starting up, it just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, i have tried to flash the image but i cannot get the unit to turn off, i press the reset button and it does the same thing, i turn the unit off at the wall.. same thing happens :( ...... i have posted a video on youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS2LPmKwUiI

Please help me, its driving me mad :confused:

bbbuk
25-04-15, 17:48
That YT video is marked as private.

denzalr
25-04-15, 18:38
doh, gonna sort it now

bbbuk
25-04-15, 18:54
I think that's called a bootloop if it continues to try to boot.

Have you flashed the latest bootloader here (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/VU%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BSolo/) for the VU Solo (PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOU ARE FLASHING THE CORRECT BOOTLOADER FOR YOUR BOX).

I would then re-flash the current image after flashing the bootloader.

denzalr
25-04-15, 18:57
how can i flash it when i cant turn it off, i cannot shut the unit down

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 19:30
how can i flash it when i cant turn it off, i cannot shut the unit down
Switch off at mains.

denzalr
25-04-15, 19:57
i have done that already, but the unit auto turns on with the green light lit, its a pain int the ass

bbbuk
25-04-15, 20:11
So you flashed with latest bootloader first as per instructions below:

1. ensure you delete all files from usb stick
2. Unzip the solo_cfe_2.0_usb.zip to USB stick. (There should be /vuplus/solo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin)
3. Insert USB stick into the USB port of solo and power on the box.
4. It takes just a few secs to update.
5. If solo's front led blinks continuously, restart box.
6. Ensure you delete all files from usb stick

Now download latest build 166 to your usb stick and flash.

duoduo
25-04-15, 20:38
Is your receiver original or clone?

bbbuk
25-04-15, 20:40
Is your receiver original or clone?Didn't think you could get a clone VU Solo

duoduo
25-04-15, 21:06
Im sure I have heard of them being cloned

cactikid
25-04-15, 22:21
yes would say solo and duo and others may have been cloned,where was the unit bought or image that you were using was it blackhole a favourite with clones.

vuesolo
26-04-15, 00:04
I had this problem before. Solved it by reflashing image by usb.

denzalr
26-04-15, 10:04
i have tried to do a flash, but the box only starts up with the green light, it wont flicker as it does when doing an update from the usb....

and it is an original box

Larry-G
26-04-15, 10:07
If it's bypassing the USB stick and booting into the existing image, check that the file structure on the USB stick is correct and try again.

Format the USB stick before copying the image onto the stick and try again. On the USB stick you should have a single folder called vuplus inside this folder you should have another called solo and in that folder you will have the various image files.

denzalr
26-04-15, 10:40
The usb is formatted, FAT32, image is copied across in the correct way, vusolo, solo, (update files). but it still doesnt work, do i need to update it so it will boot from the usb? i can use a tool called VUCC to talk to my box via my laptop. could this be an option? and if so could i put the update files onto the unit via that?

Larry-G
26-04-15, 11:07
You don't need to do any thing to the receiver to get it to boot from USB, it's written into the receivers bootloader code to recognize when a image is available to flash and go from there. Depending on the receivers age and the current image on there at the moment however you may first need to update the bootloader.

The bootloader can be downloaded from www.openvix.co.uk and is flashed the same way the image is via a USB stick but make sure you use the correct one because if you use the wrong bootloader it can and will destroy the boot sector on the receiver rendering it useless otherwise known as bricked.

denzalr
26-04-15, 11:40
i think it may be bricked then :(

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 11:43
Didn't think you could get a clone VU Solo

Oh yes you can get Vu+ Solo clones!!!!

Larry-G
26-04-15, 12:06
i think it may be bricked then :(

It's only bricked if you can't physically boot the receiver up, if you are getting to the point where it is rebooting with a software error message thats a software issue and should be easily resolved by a reflash. I have not viewed your youtube video as I am on a limited bandwidth connection at work so cant say for sure.

Larry-G
26-04-15, 12:07
Oh yes you can get Vu+ Solo clones!!!!

correct, the solo was the first Vu+ receiver to be cloned followed about a year later by the Duo.

denzalr
26-04-15, 12:22
oh, i see, well it does not show an error message, it just keeps looping from the openvix startup image then to blank screen with the vix loading symbol rotating on the top left of the screen

Larry-G
26-04-15, 12:38
Then it's not bricked in the true sense of the word, try loading the bootloader and image again, if need be try a different USB stick as they are known to be fussy even with sticks that have previously worked.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 14:00
Do you have an external HDD attached?

denzalr
26-04-15, 14:02
we have a winner!! thank you Pheonix :) faulty usb, cheers for your help

Larry-G
26-04-15, 14:17
we have a winner!! thank you Pheonix :) faulty usb, cheers for your help

No worries and congrats on getting it sorted.