PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] EPG problem (maybe ?)

Tangfolio
25-04-15, 13:13
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but last few days some channels, like Sly 1, Atlantic, Living, have not been showing any program info in the EPG and the picons for them are not showing.
Have tried loading all of the UK sources in crossepg but no difference and ABM updates don't help so wondered if anyone had any ideas.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 13:18
EPG:
Are you downloading epg from the satellite or internet or both? Best to use one only.

Picons:
The service refernces changed. Update them or use SNpicons.

Tangfolio
25-04-15, 13:46
I normally only use internet sources, tried crossepg and XMLTV importer but have also tried the openTV satellite ones recently.

Will give SNpicons a try.

Tangfolio
25-04-15, 14:00
Just loaded Ocram SNP picons on and find I have picons and programming info back in the EPG!

gilvey
25-04-15, 16:09
Same problem on my tm twin oe. Where do I find the picons mentioned above. I've searched the feeds...

Ojustaboo
25-04-15, 17:48
I don't use Picons but a few days ago my freesat xmltv channels went screwy, most of them had no prog info (on my Quad)

I tried deleting the epg,dat file and re-downloading, no deal, I gave it 24 hrs to see if the following days update fixed, still broken.

I reflashed from my backup, re-downloaded and all has been 100% fine ever since.

Tangfolio
25-04-15, 17:59
Picons here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/
These are the ones I used, http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/Ocram/SNP/ - the 400 x 240
Though I don't understand why the program info came back after loading the picons as I didn't alter any settings or anything.

Andy_Hazza
26-04-15, 08:22
Your info coming back had nothing to do with loading the SNP picons. Sky has changed a lot of the transponders to various channels lately n doing a rescan on ABM n CrossEPG downloader would have been suffice.
But having SNP picons are better than the old traditional way.

Larry-G
26-04-15, 09:51
Just loaded Ocram SNP picons on and find I have picons and programming info back in the EPG!

Loading a set of picons will not fix issues in the EPG, they are totally unrelated. That said if you want to use the SNP picons they are available directly from our download site at www.openvix.co.uk

Larry-G
26-04-15, 09:52
Your info coming back had nothing to do with loading the SNP picons. Sky has changed a lot of the transponders to various channels lately n doing a rescan on ABM n CrossEPG downloader would have been suffice.
But having SNP picons are better than the old traditional way.

LOL I should have read your post before I replied, any hoo yes you are correct, the SNP picons will not fix issues with the EPG, the fact that the OP'S issues now seem to be fixed is a coincidence and certainly not related to him using the SNP picons.

Tangfolio
26-04-15, 10:40
Program info for a few channels has gone from the EPG again.
The box froze for several mins last night, I think it was having some problem executing a timer, and after a reboot the program info was gone again.
Have tried rescanning with ABM but no difference.

blib
26-04-15, 19:13
I am having the same problem ie no epg info on sky atlantic sky living sky arts.Have tried a reflash and reload of epg still the same.

dfox
27-04-15, 07:31
I am having the same problem ie no epg info on sky atlantic sky living sky arts.Have tried a reflash and reload of epg still the same.

Same here on a GI LX3. Haven't checked since last night so will have a look after work

whatsat
28-04-15, 11:50
I am having the same problems on my solo2.
I rescanned the satellites and redid the XMLTV EPG and still have missing EPG on sky atlantic sky living sky arts etc..
Their counterpart +1 channels are fine though.

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

Tangfolio
28-04-15, 14:49
Don't know if this is significant but I tried Autobouquets E2 and in the UK bouquets, bouquet it makes the program info for all channels shows but the programs are ordered differently and in the entertainment bouquet the programs are ordered normally but the program info for some channels is missing in the EPG.

whatsat
30-04-15, 09:19
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Most of the programs I have timers setup for are on sky1 & sky atlantic and they are not being recorded at the moment.

abu baniaz
30-04-15, 10:24
@tangfolio, describe your setup with as much detail as possible please.

Where are you saving? What EPG sources you are using? Have you automated the process? Have you got any other automated processes scheduled?

Some channels have changed details recently.

Tangfolio
01-05-15, 08:22
The EPG was OK last night, had programming info for all channels.

I think it is fairly standard setup, Vu+ Duo2 with 4 tuners, fixed dish on 28.2 E with 2 LNB's & motor dish with 1 LNB with openvix apollo 166 on it.
I have tried ABM & Autobouquet E2 and various sources for both crossepg and the XMLTV downloader, I don't currently have any set to auto download to avoid conflicts as I have been trying so many different combinations, and also tried a couple of different settings lists, currently using malimali motor list.

romdut
01-05-15, 09:33
The EPG was OK last night, had programming info for all channels.

I think it is fairly standard setup, Vu+ Duo2 with 4 tuners, fixed dish on 28.2 E with 2 LNB's & motor dish with 1 LNB with openvix apollo 166 on it.
I have tried ABM & Autobouquet E2 and various sources for both crossepg and the XMLTV downloader, I don't currently have any set to auto download to avoid conflicts as I have been trying so many different combinations, and also tried a couple of different settings lists, currently using malimali motor list.

Same here, have tried to load from EPG settings, crossepg downloader and still nothing

abu baniaz
01-05-15, 09:57
My sample reply:
I have enabled crossepg to use openTV epg for 28.2 east, but not 13e.
I am also using the xmltv downoader within cross epg. I have enabled the following: Rytec Bulgaria, Rytec Poland, Rytec Spain.
To avoid clashes I have not enabled Rytec UK
I dont use the xmltv import in the image.
I have not scheduled anything to run automatcially for the EPG. I run the download manually.

I have scheduled ABM to run for Virgin UK and Terrestrial at 06:30
AB 28.2 runs at 06:40