PDA

View Full Version : Anyone set up a Nas to record to with this box?

gkf9
24-04-15, 23:26
I can't for the life of me get this to work, I've found my Nas in the network browser, but just can't seen to get the path right or working.

Anyone talk me through it step by step, I've googled tuts etc but they all seem a bit mish mash?

TIA

pac2000
25-04-15, 11:28
How Are You Mounting, As A Nfs Or Cifs... Nfs Allows You To Define A Path From The Root Of The Share, Whereas Cifs Only Lets You Mount The Share...
For Example:- Share e:\share
Cifs Can Only Mount e:\share
Nfs Can Mount To Subdirectories Of e:\share As Well As e:\share... In Other Words The Path Can Be Defined...
Everytime I've Tried In Vix To Define A Path Using Samba/Cifs It Gives A Directory Doesn't Exist Error...

Sicilian
25-04-15, 12:44
New upcoming image should have a number of fixes for issues like this.

gkf9
27-04-15, 20:28
How Are You Mounting, As A Nfs Or Cifs... Nfs Allows You To Define A Path From The Root Of The Share, Whereas Cifs Only Lets You Mount The Share...
For Example:- Share e:\share
Cifs Can Only Mount e:\share
Nfs Can Mount To Subdirectories Of e:\share As Well As e:\share... In Other Words The Path Can Be Defined...
Everytime I've Tried In Vix To Define A Path Using Samba/Cifs It Gives A Directory Doesn't Exist Error...

Sorry only just noticed I had a reply, I've got it sorted now, I needed to go into my Nas and share the folder, had wrong permissions set up.

Thanks for your reply.