PDA

View Full Version : vu+ have problem with encrypted wireless ?

qwe010
10-12-10, 19:19
If the network is encrypted

Becomes choppy

Who had the same problem?

the signal is good 52/100

when i remove the encryption the connection has become stable

tp-link (TL-WN321G)
tested on
bh
vix

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 19:23
is this a question on the duo or solo you have asked the same question in the solo section

personally i think the asnswer is the same be it duo or solo

[can a mod merge the threads and edit this note after its done]

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4517-solo-have-problem-with-encrypted-wireless&p=34533#post34533

qwe010
10-12-10, 19:30
duo and solo

my friend have duo ( vix 1.3)

and have same problem

And I think the forum here Has a lot of members

Huevos
10-12-10, 20:10
What do you mean "choppy". Are you talking about streaming? Is it SD or HD material. My wireless bridge struggles streaming HD sometimes.

qwe010
10-12-10, 21:07
i mean the connection not stable

lose the signal many times

Donnie
10-12-10, 21:21
I have my solo wireless and I can watch without a single break up, full movies or a football match without a glitch.
What encryption are you using ?

marty
10-12-10, 22:00
I'm using WEP on my DUO with no problems at all (on VIX 1.2 and VIX 1.3)

qwe010
10-12-10, 22:08
i use wpa-psk

WPA encryption /tkip+aes

Donnie
10-12-10, 22:27
WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)
This is what I use with my Netgear router.
Have you checked that your router firmware is up to date ?

qwe010
11-12-10, 09:44
Thank you all

I did this

( enabled both wlan interface and lan interface )

and use (wifi-bridge + TPLink wifi )

the connection became more stability !

and about (wifi-bridge )

have same problem

Sometimes appears that he is connected and sometimes not

But when I go to add new plugin

the receiver freezes and re-start

qwe010
11-12-10, 09:48
WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)
This is what I use with my Netgear router.
Have you checked that your router firmware is up to date ?

yes i did .

MalteseMick
11-12-10, 11:42
If you and your pal are having the same issue are you both using the same type of wireless bridge?

Remembebr the VU+ is not the issue here, it's the wireless bridge delivering to ethernet that stipulates stability or not. The wireless bridge I use only supports 54g wireless which at best can get you a streaming rate of 5mbps. I imagine in non prime conditions this can hover around 2mbps which would restrict you to file sizes of about 7 gig per hour - which would mean it can struggle with 1080p MKVs etc

There are many different variables here including the file size you are trying to stream, your network router and the distance to your router.

Huevos
11-12-10, 18:04
The wireless bridge I use only supports 54g wireless which at best can get you a streaming rate of 5mbps. I imagine in non prime conditions this can hover around 2mbps which would restrict you to file sizes of about 7 gig per hour - which would mean it can struggle with 1080p MKVs etcNot if both legs of the connection are WiFi. If you are streaming to your laptop and the connection between the laptop and bridge is WiFi and also the connection between the Vu+ and the bridge is wireless it is going to cut your maximum transfer speed in half.

qwe010
12-12-10, 19:01
The problem is not about streaming
it's about the connection
the receiver not connecting with the network

now

The problem back

i make the modem very close to solo

Same problem

Now the connection does not become stable only after a while

I think the problem is due to encryption

because

In ( wireless network status )

I see ( encryption = unsupported )

And the connection not become stable until the word become is enabled

( encryption = enabled )

any idea ?

Maxwell
12-12-10, 19:30
have you tried changing the WiFi channel, within your LAN you should be able to get 90 - 100/100 signal strength not 52/100 especially if the router is close to the transmitter, security encryption has nothing to do with it except for initial access. you are getting those messages because the router is getting a garbled data stream and cannot decrypt the key.

This is a problem that occurs a lot with wifi routers due to them being shipped to customers on a preset channel resulting in people taking them out of the box and just plugging them in and then ending up fighting for wifi bandwidth with the neighbours.

qwe010
12-12-10, 19:58
:D

have you tried changing the WiFi channel

no

within your LAN you should be able to get 90 - 100/100 signal strength not 52/100 especially if the router is close to the transmitter,

i got 81/100

because the router in the other room

This is a problem that occurs a lot with wifi routers due to them being shipped to customers on a preset channel resulting in people taking them out of the box and just plugging them in and then ending up fighting for wifi bandwidth with the neighbours.

You're right :D

I will change the channel

and I hope this solve the problem