PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding

nightmare911
23-04-15, 13:28
Hi,
Firstly im sorry if this has been asked many times before. But does the Technomate Nano 2 super or 3T combo support transcoding yet or is it planned for the future. because i am currently looking for a new receiver but i need trans-coding and technomate 3t is advertised as having transcoding. if not would you recommended getting the giggablue quad+

Thanks in advance

olijack
23-04-15, 13:58
No transcoding on my 3T although there is a system extension available to download in the plugin menu on openvix if you try to install it you get a dependencies error virtual/transtreamproxy or something similar. I had only ever tried to do it out of curiosity rather than necessity so the lack of transcoding isn't a deal breaker for me on an excellent value for money box that I would happily recommend to anyone.

I have assumed (rightly or wrongly) that the dependencies error is an issue for technomate rather than vix assuming perhaps it was a driver but as I was only playing around I have never taken it further but perhaps someone else can enlighten you if it is something that could be sorted and get transcoding working.

nightmare911
23-04-15, 17:53
that's suprising that it still doesnt support as there own website advertises it as have transcoding. have you tried it recently ( I know its a silly question)

olijack
26-04-15, 09:30
I try downloading the plugin each time the box gets an update just in case so would be over a week ago with the release of build 166 and I still was getting dependencies error.

Larry-G
26-04-15, 10:12
Transcoding does not currently work on the Technomate receivers, this is a issue with their drivers and only they can fix it, dont worry you won't miss out as soon as it does work we will make note on the forum etc.

olijack
26-04-15, 19:58
Are the drivers built into the image or the bootloader? I only ask a I spotted a new bootloader on the openatv download site for both the 2 super and the 3t. I am not brave enough to install it to my working box as I have no issues and would expect this not to contain any drivers.

Trial
27-04-15, 08:23
Hi,
driver are normally in the image not in the boot loader but I cannot not speak for all boxes.

ciao

Larry-G
27-04-15, 15:39
You should only use a new bootloader as and when instructed to do so, changing the bootloader can it self introduce new issues. The issue with transcoding needs to be fixed by the manufacturer and when it has been we will post on this forum letting users know.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

nightmare911
27-09-15, 19:46
Apologies for bring back an old thread. But has the transcoding been added on the Technomate nano 2 super or the nano 3T.

Sicilian
27-09-15, 22:06
Apologies for bring back an old thread. But has the transcoding been added on the Technomate nano 2 super or the nano 3T.

No, still waiting for this.