PDA

View Full Version : 2 Satellite boxes, one motorised dish

MalteseMick
10-12-10, 18:06
Finally got my VU+ Duo set up in my new conservatory today, I've been testing it for a month or so on a static Sky dish while I've been working offshore.

My problem now is that my home diseqc motor is plugged into my DM800 feed (in the living room) and as you would expect I can't control the dish from my VU+ Duo feeds.

I've done a little bit of searching but don't seem to have come up to an elegant solution to managing this situation, just wondering how everyone else deals with this?

I was hoping there would be some Enigma plug in that would allow both boxes to communicate with each other but this hasn't came up on searchs (I hope someone can instantly shoot me down on missing something obvious!)

Huevos
10-12-10, 20:19
Just connect the boxes together with an SPS. One box is the master and the other is the slave. If the master is using the dish the slave can still receive from the dish but can't control it. If the master is in standby the slave has complete control over the LNB and motor.

MalteseMick
11-12-10, 15:02
Not quite sure what an SPS is but an educated guess is saying Satellite Positioner System which sounds like a hardware solution. Apart from that I think for my needs I want either box over-rulling the other (so change satellite position if either box demands it irrespective of if the master is in standby etc). Take it from the lack of responses there is no elegant software solution?>

Huevos
11-12-10, 19:17
Not quite sure what an SPSSmart Priority Switch.

BTW, how many positions are we talking about? A T90 is a good solution for multiple satellite receivers from one dish.

Hakon
12-12-10, 09:42
Yes it's working with to boxes to one motorised dish,but.... one box must have a LOOP TROUGH as your DM800 has. The cable from the motor must first connect to the DM800 LNB IN and then from DM800 LNB OUT to the Vu+. Now the DM800 is the "master" and the Vu+ is "slave" when the DM800 is in standby the Vu+ can control your motor.I have used this setup for myself with a DM800 and a Vantage reciever, the master can always control the dish even if the slave is powered on. If you want to watch program on the both boxes it's only possible when its on the same transponder.

Huevos
12-12-10, 10:13
If you want to watch program on the both boxes it's only possible when its on the same transponder.The master loops the whole band, so the two channels just need to be on the same IF, not the same transponder, so for example you could watch BBC1 HD on one box and ITV1 London on the other.

SPS works the same as loop through except the master box does not need to be powered.

Hakon
12-12-10, 11:23
The master loops the whole band, so the two channels just need to be on the same IF, not the same transponder, so for example you could watch BBC1 HD on one box and ITV1 London on the other.

Ok i might remeber wrong here.

pooface
15-12-10, 11:04
Why don't you use the partnerbox plugin?

I haven't tried it for a while, but if you have the same channel lists on both boxes, then it works very easily. Obviously it won't work if someone is watching a channel on 19e and you want to watch 13e etc... But, using the partnerbox plugin, you can watch the channel from the box connected to the motor (so you don't even need an lnb feed to the second box)...

MalteseMick
15-12-10, 22:55
If I'm on box 2 (my VU+) does this plugin allow you to change the channel on box 1 (connected to motor)?

I don't want to watch the channel really on box 1, just overrule box 1 and move the dish to allow my dual feeds on box 2 to do what they want.