PDA

View Full Version : Manny92's TM 3t rebooting

Manny92
22-04-15, 19:53
Mate same thing has just happened to me I were watching madrid's football match and the box totally froze I then powered it off at the back :confused:

Manny92
22-04-15, 19:58
Just to confirm the box has crashed again while watching the madrid match :confused: this has never happened before :confused:

judge
22-04-15, 20:34
Just to confirm the box has crashed again while watching the madrid match :confused: this has never happened before :confused:

Crashed or frozen?
Crash = crash log, please upload one.
If none exist, enable debug logs, restart E2 & upload the debug log the next time this happens.

Manny92
22-04-15, 20:44
It crashed i've restarted my mgcamd and so far 10mins into it, it has not crashed all good for now

Manny92
22-04-15, 21:33
My box has crashed for the 3rd time :confused:

abu baniaz
22-04-15, 21:45

You were asked to enable debug logs and attach them. Which of the following statements is applicable to you?

You are unaware of how to do this.
You do not want to do this

Manny92
22-04-15, 22:11
I've flashed the box again I will enable debug logs when it crashes again.

abu baniaz
22-04-15, 22:45
I've flashed the box again I will enable debug logs when it crashes again.
That defeats the object. Debug logs record what is going on so that when it restarts, you could have a record of what happened. This helps in tracking down the issue.

Larry-G
22-04-15, 22:48

Then please upload the corresponding crash log for the event, because all the "it's crashed" posts are doing nothing to help us discover why this has happened without us being able to check the crash logs.

Manny92
23-04-15, 10:11
I will keep that in mind in the future I will set up everything once again.

mabozza
23-04-15, 22:56
Hello Manny, I had the same issue with a TM Nano 2 super about a month or so ago. Only had the receiver on for 1 hour & it just froze then went to a black screen & would not respond to any button press with the remote, would only work again if rebooted then it would work for about an hour if the channel wasn't changed less if changing channel a few times & even less if using tsmedia or any other plugin. I ended up sending the receiver back, still don't actually know what was causing it, was told it could be faulty receiver or corrupt image. The manufacturer/developers must know there is a problem with these receivers because it's been happening to a few others who have TM receivers whether it's Nano2 super/Nano3T. Personally I think its drivers/hardware compatibility issue. Do not waste any more time with the receiver, send it back to the supplier/manufacturer, they need to address this issue, because whether some people like it or not it is an issue that's happening more & more! Hope you get things sorted one way or another mate!

judge
23-04-15, 23:10
I ended up sending the receiver back
What was the result of sending it back? have you a working receiver now?

Manny92
24-04-15, 13:23
Should I send my TM-3T combo back???

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 14:34
Linux receivers can be customiseable with various things added to it that could affect how it performs and how it affects other items. Look at the thread with the chap with mgcamd, if he sends his receiver back saying it "it is killing my network, it's faulty", he's right and he's not right at the same time. Nothing to do with the hardware though.

If there is a fault, it will be replaced. However, nobody knows what the isssue is without the logs.

Most retailers will tell you to run the receiver with no additional plugins installed and FTA only. If you still have an issue running that way, it can only be a hardware issue. They will usually replace it.

Speak to your retailer and follow their advice.

Manny92
24-04-15, 18:06
I have a courier picking up the box tomorrow now its time to find an alternative any help people?

Sicilian
24-04-15, 18:52
I have a courier picking up the box tomorrow now its time to find an alternative any help people?

Just because you MAY have a faulty unit, it's does not mean it's a bad box, all makes models have their issues, you could spend over £300 on a Duo2 and end up with worse issues!

Personally I'd just have it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

champs4life
24-04-15, 20:25
I have same problems as you manny and Aaron who has posted on this section.

ATM it's ok but have enabled debug logs so am ready to upload them if the crash/ freezing happens again. Only thing that I wonder is will such logs point to a hardware issue after all?

I'm tempted to send the box back but I won't get a refund and a replacement isn't really a solution IMO if the issues are down to TM themselves.

I like other owners of this box would love a fix to all these issues but in all honesty there isn't any timescale when this will happen.

Ghost
01-05-15, 07:31
Christ, don't like the sound of this ,
I'm already clueless in this sat world and now I've bought one of these same boxes.
Just hope it's a receiver problem not a product problem

Sicilian
01-05-15, 07:55
Christ, don't like the sound of this ,

Sound of what? Would a fuss be made if it was another brand? I know another leading brand of which 4 models had common issues.

If you have a hardware problem, simple, contact where you purchased or Technomate direct in the UK and all will be resolved.

Ghost
01-05-15, 08:19
I'm sure the brand is fantastic matey,
It's this specific model that I hope dosnt have issues .
With some luck it's just the lads receiver and not the nano 3t combo in general

Sicilian
01-05-15, 08:22
Anyone having supposed blackout issues, revert back to Apollo 158

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45351-Technomate-users-are-advised-to-revert-to-Apollo-build-158&p=353242#post353242