PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Won't work after flash

jedex
21-04-15, 10:52
Hi All
I bought my Vu from here around a year ago, excellent machine but the software has always bee a tad glitchy, but flashing usually improved it a little.

I noticed more updates so I flashed again Openvix 1.66
Everything appeared to go smooth and got the remove usb and reboot message

on rebooting it wont start up, just a message >Starting... and nothing else.
I've tried several different versions of the software and its the same every time

I tried the original Vix software and that worked fine, so I tried again with Openvix and it stopped at the same place
I've even tried Blackhole.. that went OK, went through all the booting screens but as soon as it got to the starting gui screen froze there

I've tried different flash drives etc.

Any help appreciated

mann
21-04-15, 11:23
Hi mate have a search around the forum there is a tutorial how to fix this somewhere.

samsid
21-04-15, 13:26
flash the vu-duo bootloader found in vix downloads, then flash your chosen image

bluey2
21-04-15, 16:03
mine does the same sometimes, i just switch off at the back for a couple of minutes and then re-boot, that works for me

jedex
22-04-15, 08:55
so strange... i got annoyed with it, and went to work... literally about 3 hours later, the wife was doing stuff for uni and it started loading
sort of fixed its self

the only problem i have now is, it asked her to load a backup so she said yes
now everything is kinda working except there's loads of channels that just say "Tune Failed"
any ideas?

cheers

abu baniaz
22-04-15, 10:45
Your receiver is showing signs of the failed capacitor. I would switch it off and leave it off until you replace the capacitor.

Switching on/off is likely to damage the regulators next to the capacitor.

The backup is using old channel data, this is why you are getting tune failed.

goosegog
22-04-15, 22:16
I had the same problem about a year ago on my duo,it would just hang on starting or sometimes star ing,strange.i bought the new caps,got my soldering iron out,read the very good tutorial,took the cover off and on inspection found it was one of the newer models without the sometimes faulty caps,i bought the duo 2012 so i would hope yours also wouldnt have the faulty caps.its been spot on since after a flash with no back ups.
when you flash are you doing so with no back up of anysort?.
Maybe best to have a little gander inside first to make sure it isnt one of the older models as abu says ive heard you can cause more damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk