PDA

View Full Version : cable loop and DVB -C (faulty tuner)????

joysleep1
20-04-15, 22:06
Hi

I have two questions

1) So far i have one DBV-C/t2 tuner in slot d on my xtrend 10000. This has picked up the cable channels and i am able to view everything. I have bought another DVB-C/t2 tuner which i plan to insert into slot c.
Now i would like to use the tuners independantly and i plan to do this using the loop through cable which i have ready. Do i now have to move the main feed into slot C and loop into slot D or can i leave the main feed in slot D and loop into tuner C?

2) I am very confused why the DVD-C tuners did not pick up the cable channels and the DVD-C/t2 picked it up perfectly. I was told that you only require DVB-C for pulling cable channels but i could never pick up anything when i did the automatic scan. As soon as i took the plunge and bought a DVB-C/t2 tuner, it picked it up straight away.
So does that mean my DVB-C tuners are faulty. What can they be used for? They look identical to the DVB-C/t2 tuners. So now i will have two DVB-C tuners lying around doing nothing. I would like to sell them but i am not sure if i should state them as faulty. It is very surprising to be found faulty as they came with the box and it is an original receiver.
What should i do with them?

Thanks

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 22:45
1. Does not matter which way you do it.

2. Speak to your retailer. They should advise on what to do to confirm fault.