PDA

View Full Version : Can I restore my Nano to it's previous condition?

Mousey
20-04-15, 21:36
I'm close to launching my Technomate Nano out of the window and putting my Sly box back into the house, on Friday night/Saturday morning we must have had a power cut or power surge and when l woke up and tried to watch the tv l got nothing through the box, a quick switch off and on again resolved nothing, after several minutes l managed to get a menu, but it was in Italian, l spent all day trying to sort the thing out with help from the forum and eventually gave up when the will to live left the building, yesterday l tried again and eventually managed to get a few things fixed, l'm running 4D/openpli, I went through menu then plugins and setup searching for the data that was stored in the machine, there was an awful lot of stuff missing, auto bouquets, cool tv guide, all the EPG icons, vhannibal satellite positions, I also found an isetting E2 Rel 3.0.9 (Expired) icon. I have now got several channels but not the amount l had and they're scattered all over, not in the packages they were before, could the power anomaly during the night have done all this and can I get it all back to the way l had it?

cactikid
20-04-15, 21:44
might be better in starting again from scratch,question is if you did a backup of system when first setup box as you could try that ,or reflash from the start i only use vix so dont know about open pli.

Walt
20-04-15, 21:46
OpenPLI is awful for a beginner, Vix is massively more user friendly and just works. Flash it and enjoy mate.

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 21:55
You have mentioned a whole heap of things in one long paragraph. Which one do you want to deal with first and in which order? May I request that you break up your responses into pragraphs for each issue. Ideally a separate thread for each issue is better.

There was a 4D image with newer drivers a week and a half ago, so best to start by flashing that first if you want to keep to the 4D/PLi image.

Alternatively, the Vix image does not include everything that the 4D image has owing to licensing issues. We also have our own EPG system that is different to CoolTV guide.