PDA

View Full Version : DUO2 Crashes while in DVB/T (Tuner C)

gerryp
20-04-15, 15:05
Recently bought a VU+Duo2 ( 2 x Dual DVB-S & 1 DVB-T) from a shop in Dublin, came with VIX Apollo Build 126.

Although I had no problems with channel reception, if I went to use any plugins /addons or to look at the network or any other settings, the box would crash and re-boot.

The vendor removed the vix image and installed BH 2.1.5
Now this image is the opposite of the Vix, in that sometimes I don't have all channels working (none of the Saorview), but I can go in to any menu item and the box wont crash - except for one - tuner configuration (Tuner C DVB-T)

Other times some of the saorview channels are working and all satellite channels are working.

The following are the settings within Tuner Configuration, Tuner DVB-T , you'll notice there's no setting within "Terrestrial Provider" - when ok is pressed within this, the box crashes and re-boots ( I've attached the log)

Tuner C
DVB-T Selected & enabled
Config Mode: enabled
Terrestrial Provider:
Enable 5v for active antenna: Off

When some of the saorview channels work, Terrestrial Provider is set to
Europe DVB-T Frequencies

Unless the crashlog points to some particular issue been at fault then I'm thinking (as a complete novice) that the receiver is ok and that the problem is with the images??

If it's an image issue I have, what stable image have you got on your VU+DUO2 ???

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 15:16
Hardware issues normally reboot with no logs. Software crashes generate crashlogs.

For image software issiues with Blackhole, best to refer to them for fixes. If you find issues in Apollo 166 or its successor, the team here can assist.

Thanks to Fat Tony, all the ROI transmiters are listed in the OE-A images.

gerryp
20-04-15, 15:22
Ooops - :o

Thanks for the pointer "Software crashes generate crashlogs" - that in itself is a help - thanks again.

I'll re-flash with the latest vix image, fingers crossed.