PDA

View Full Version : Cable/Satellite EPG issues?

champs4life
20-04-15, 13:17
Apology if this is in the wrong section of the forum, there are so many sections its gets confusing where to post lol. So I have installed the EPG refresh plugin, however I am not getting the full 7 day EPG for cable despite setting it up to refresh between 5.00-5.30am. At the same time it causes the cross epg on satellite not to show the 7 day guide. Is there a conflict between the plugin and crossepg which is causing the issue of not receiving 7 day EPG on both satellite and cable?

champs4life
21-04-15, 13:54
Has anyone had a similar issue with EPG like me? Can no one advise me what to do? Really would appreciate it.

champs4life
23-04-15, 23:40
I have noticed that I have not got a 7day EPG on satellite despite having 28.2 activated in opentv providers. Could this be a direct conflict from the cable EPG which is also not showing the 7 day guide?

delboy13
24-04-15, 09:53
i've never really checked for 7 days but will have look later maybe on epgrefresh i think you got option on epgrefresh for how long it runs for maybe increase it

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 10:11
Delboy13, I checked my system. Works fine. Unless OP actually states settings he is using, everyone has to guess what he has set.

Previous attempts to get information from him have proved to be very difficult.

Better to help those who want to be helped.

champs4life
24-04-15, 13:01
Abu what information do you want from me? Instead of picking on me can't you just say?

As I have said I have 28.2 enabled in open TV providers with cross EPG and have EPG refresh installed. What else do you want to know?

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 13:10
Nobody is picking on you. If you make such allegations against me or any other moderator, you will get an infraction.

Ir order to asssist you: What details/settings have you used?

timofee
24-04-15, 13:46
There is a post that explains exactly how to set this up. For now please tell us what your settings are showing when you press blue - edit services - when in the EPG refresh Configuration screen.

You should be able to get both a 7 day satellite EPG and a 7 day Cable EPG working in full at the same time.

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 14:17
We don't even know if Virgin EPG is enabled. All guesswork.

Here is the link to the guide for UK cable EPG.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-download-the-epg-off-the-stream&p=311199&viewfull=1#post311199

champs4life
24-04-15, 18:45
Firstly, I'm sorry Abu I wasn't accusing you. I don't want to get in any trouble if you think I was. I'm sorry.

I have virgin enabled in EPG.

Abu I have followed that guide to the letter.

When pressing blue and in edit services in EPG refresh it shows editing:channels and refreshing:PVR_EPG.

I have refresh EPG to automatically to yes, refresh auto start earliest to 5.30 and latest to 6.00

champs4life
25-04-15, 11:46
Do you guys need any more information which I have not provided?

If so could you please let me know as I really want this issue sorted out.

Thanks.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 12:02
If you change channel and leave it on the pvr epg channel for two minutes, do you get 7 days epg? (Ignore the fact that it says "channel off air".)

champs4life
25-04-15, 12:10
No it varies but I only get a 3 or 4 day epg. I never get 7 day epg when press blue button and then EPG refresh and click automatic refresh which brings up pvr epg.

I have also noticed since installing the EPG refresh plugin I dont always get 7 day EPG on satellite either and only again a couple of days worth of EPG.

Could there be a direct conflict between CrossEPG and EPG refresh plugin?

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 12:37
The EPG refesh plugin is just an automated channel zapping plugin to facilitate downloading the epg data from the transponders.

As you are issues with two different methods of acquiring epg data, I suspect your issue is somewhere else. The processes themselves are fine.

Go through your steps again, and take screenshots at each stage and upload them. Perhaps you are overlooking something that someone can spot.

There are various guides on taking screenshots on the forum.

champs4life
25-04-15, 13:20
Thanks Abu will do that as soon as I am able to.

To upload screenshots I would need to use openwebif correct?

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 13:23
Openwebif is one way of doing it.

Another way is shown here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

timofee
25-04-15, 14:11
Just a long shot - where are you saving the EPG files, they should be on a USB or Hard Drive.

champs4life
25-04-15, 14:26
I'm saving the EPG to HDD.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 15:34
Have you tried deleting the EPG data?

champs4life
25-04-15, 16:10
Have you tried deleting the EPG data?

How would I do that if you don't mind me asking?

Do you mean format HDD as I will lose recordings?

s1m0nw
25-04-15, 17:35
No, you can access hhd via filezilla and navigate to hhd directory. Look for a file called epg.dat and delete it.

champs4life
25-04-15, 18:48
No, you can access hhd via filezilla and navigate to hhd directory. Look for a file called epg.dat and delete it.

Ok thanks will do.

After doing that shall I set up cross EPG with opentv providers and EPG refresh plugin again from scratch?

I will upload screenshots as required when doing this from scratch if so.

s1m0nw
25-04-15, 18:49
Once deleted. Just download the epg data again

champs4life
25-04-15, 18:50
Once deleted. Just download the epg data again

By doing the setup again for satellite and cable?

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 18:57
That is a not a good idea. EPG data is loaded at startup and kept in RAM. Deleting the file wont achieve anything as the old data (held in RAM) will be re-written back at shut down/restart. Only worth doing it this way if the Enigma2 has been stopped with init 4 command.

Way of doing it is as follows:
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Load/Save/Delete > Delete

champs4life
25-04-15, 19:03
So abu if I do it your way it will delete EPG.dat permanently?

I am kinda confused what steps to take.

I presume after deleting EPG.dat you would want me to setup cross EPG and EPG refresh plugin?

s1m0nw
25-04-15, 19:06
Follow abu's way.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 19:27
I asked to delete just in case database was corrupt. If you have set it up correctly, there is no need to set up again. You just need to download. For satellite, blue button, cross epg downloader. For cable, zap to pvr-epg chanenl (or any other on same transponder) for two minutes.

If it does not download, you have set it up incorrectly.

cactikid
25-04-15, 22:44
i prefare using micro usb for my epg as less stress on the hd.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 22:47
i prefare using micro usb for my epg as less stress on the hd.
What stress is exerted on HDD by having EPG on it?

champs4life
25-04-15, 22:50
Ok Abu I wont delete the epg.dat file yet then.

I have pressed the blue button, pressed cross epg downloader and let it download all the information. I then checked and from what I can tell it shows 7 days EPG on the satellite side. However when I press the the blue button and go on EPG refresh now it goes to PVR_EPG and after waiting for two minutes it only shows a 5 day EPG.

I have also noticed sometimes both satellite and cable just shows a day worth of information. Shouldnt it automatically update the EPG without me doing it manually?

Shall I change the times to scan EPG refresh automatically after the ABM and EPG scans?

Andy_Hazza
25-04-15, 22:55
That is a not a good idea. EPG data is loaded at startup and kept in RAM. Deleting the file wont achieve anything as the old data (held in RAM) will be re-written back at shut down/restart. Only worth doing it this way if the Enigma2 has been stopped with init 4 command.

Way of doing it is as follows:
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Load/Save/Delete > Delete

Abu asked you to delete the EPG data file by doing;
Menu, Setup, System, EPG, Load/Save/Delete and proceed to Delete.

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 22:56
I have also noticed sometimes both satellite and cable just shows a day worth of information. Shouldnt it automatically update the EPG without me doing it manually?

Should do. The only person who knows what settings you are using is yourself.

Once again, very little information.

champs4life
25-04-15, 23:51
Abu asked you to delete the EPG data file by doing;
Menu, Setup, System, EPG, Load/Save/Delete and proceed to Delete.

He said not to delete it if its not corrupted thats why I havent.

Andy_Hazza
25-04-15, 23:52
How do you know its not corrupted?

champs4life
25-04-15, 23:53
Should do. The only person who knows what settings you are using is yourself.

Once again, very little information.

Ok, I have been busy so not had enough time to upload screenshots of the settings I am currently using for EPG today but will try do upload them tommorow.

Is that okay?

I can understand not being able to pinpoint the issue I am having without any screenshots.

champs4life
25-04-15, 23:54
How do you know its not corrupted?

I dont know, I just went by what Abu said and tried to do the steps again.

If you want me to delete the EPG file and upload the screenshots of the new settings I will or just upload screenshots of current settings without deleting the file I will do that instead.

I am just getting slightly confused what to do next.

Andy_Hazza
25-04-15, 23:57
Delete the file then rerun CrossEPG etc.
i would also pull screenshots of your settings so Abu can take a look.

champs4life
26-04-15, 00:01
Ok then will start from scratch this time by deleting the EPG file, then running cross EPG and then EPG refresh with screenshots and will let you guys know if the 7 days EPG appears on both.

One question do I need to uninstall EPG refresh (dont know how to) and install it again?

abu baniaz
26-04-15, 00:13
No need to uninstall. Just show settings. Times etc.

Cougar
19-05-15, 10:24
I have a cable Tuner VU SOLO, currently with VIX Hades.
I use the Rytec Vermin feed and this has not worked correctly for the last 2 months with any of the Vix Images.
Anyone have any ideas on this one?

casuk
19-05-15, 10:32
Use EPG refresh plugin for cable

Cougar
21-05-15, 14:43
Thanks, I'll give that a go.